Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Library of Forgotten Lore RTD  (Read 34025 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Library of Forgotten Lore RTD
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »

Asmodeus' heart dropped like a ton of bricks, like his jaw. Despite it, he put on a brave face, and spouted another comment.
"Did you not like the comment about how cliche it was? I'm sorry, but I bet you have plenty of other skills, like pillaging, raping and slaughter."
Find a way out. If there is no way out, look around and try to see anything that was missed upon first glance. Then, examine the pentagram.
Spoiler: Asmodeus Deux (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:28:33 pm by Spinal_Taper »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »

"You damnable fools." Vara says, "I told you this was what was going to happen.  Now I have to deal with you hacking and coughing until you die, probably infecting the rest of us."

Stay away from the infected, sliding along the wall, move to the book on the wall, hopefully that can help, some how.  Make sure not to accidentally open the door.

Spoiler: Vara Meadowbreeze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:53:07 pm by V-Norrec »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2012, 06:19:55 pm »

"I don't think we can back out of this if we want to proceed. I don't think we have much time left, though. Sooner or later we'll be out of energy.
How high are our chances to get the book on the shelf and escape alive to read it? It could be key."

OOC strategy talk: No, really. We probably can't run away from this anymore - next turn will tell - so it might be best to face this head-on.
Order of the riders in the Bible was War - Pestilence - Hunger - Death, IIRC, but this might not help us. The thing that might be key, now, is the pentagram. Is it there because we need to put something in it - such as the books - or is it there because it will summon War? In that case, them following the order is quite likely, with the Pentagram rotating through the rooms.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2012, 06:24:42 pm »

Run out, closing the door once everyone's out. Unless Tala's screwed, then just close the door on her.
((If you cause Tala's death, then Asbes is "accidentally" summoning his S-Rank Innocentius on Arnok using the Amulet of Overbearing.

With love, Caellath.))

"Well...Let's hope we don't die so soon." Asbes said before breathing in and moving to take the book.

Take the book but do not read it, then move back one room, back to the one with three doors.

((@Errol: I'm trying to take the book then we get back to the last room. I think we're boned anyway.))
Spoiler: Asbes Elman (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 10, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »

Run out, closing the door once everyone's out. Unless Tala's screwed, then just close the door on her.
((If you cause Tala's death, then Asbes is "accidentally" summoning his S-Rank Innocentius on Arnok using the Amulet of Overbearing.

With love, Caellath.))

((Hey, if she dies, it won't be my fault. If the GM says she's screwed, then the door closes. If not, it stays open and she can come out to infect the rest of us. She's only going to be stuck in there if it becomes fatal quickly and it's contagious.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »

((Hey, if she dies, it won't be my fault. If the GM says she's screwed, then the door closes. If not, it stays open and she can come out to infect the rest of us. She's only going to be stuck in there if it becomes fatal quickly and it's contagious.))
((Talked to the GM over IRC. He confirmed you are just trying to kill her, actually. The "feeling sick" part is also apparently for all the players in the same room as hers, so closing the door on her is the same as nothing, it is environmental. But enough of OOC chatter, let's wait for IC action. :3))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2012, 12:26:58 am »

((I don't even.
What the fu-

Damn. Thanks GSF.))

Tala gripped her spear as she tried to stand back up, her body wracked with pain and annoyance at the sudden onset of disease.

"Vara, excuse my immodesty. But we're all afflicted!" she glared at her teammate's sudden shift of action, "You thought that we would be selfish enough to serve ourselves instead of everyone else? Is everyone this cynical?!

"Ugh, no matter. Forgive me, stress hasn't been kindly to me. Gather up what you can, explore what else lies forth. We chose this path, we suffer it's consequences."

Northern room.

Spoiler: Tala Aquilon (click to show/hide)

Seeing Arnok's apparent decision through his voice, Tala just sighed. This seemed to be becoming a typical attitude of self-preservation.

"Oh Arnok, my knight in shining armor..."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 11, 2012, 02:35:59 am »

Move back into the hexagon room, open another door and look what that room has in store.

We already opened the nasty surprise room, right?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2012, 05:19:25 am »

White Room:

"DROP THE BOOK! RUN!
Run out, closing the door once everyone's out.

(4) The door is locked you fool! But you see that it can only be opened my magic!

((I don't even.
What the fu-

Damn. Thanks GSF.))

Tala gripped her spear as she tried to stand back up, her body wracked with pain and annoyance at the sudden onset of disease.

"Vara, excuse my immodesty. But we're all afflicted!" she glared at her teammate's sudden shift of action, "You thought that we would be selfish enough to serve ourselves instead of everyone else? Is everyone this cynical?!

"Ugh, no matter. Forgive me, stress hasn't been kindly to me. Gather up what you can, explore what else lies forth. We chose this path, we suffer it's consequences."

Northern room.

Seeing Arnok's apparent decision through his voice, Tala just sighed. This seemed to be becoming a typical attitude of self-preservation.

"Oh Arnok, my knight in shining armor..."

(5) You leave to the northern room and feel slightly better. "Ye who hast chosen this fate. Pestilence will fight you."

"You damnable fools." Vara says, "I told you this was what was going to happen.  Now I have to deal with you hacking and coughing until you die, probably infecting the rest of us."

Stay away from the infected, sliding along the wall, move to the book on the wall, hopefully that can help, some how.  Make sure not to accidentally open the door.

You are 'infected' too. The book is in Tala's hands and the grim voice above you tells you to read the other people's actions.

Black Room:

With love, Caellath.))

"Well...Let's hope we don't die so soon." Asbes said before breathing in and moving to take the book.

Take the book but do not read it, then move back one room, back to the one with three doors.

((@Errol: I'm trying to take the book then we get back to the last room. I think we're boned anyway.))

Move back into the hexagon room, open another door and look what that room has in store.

We already opened the nasty surprise room, right?

(5) You take the book and sprint back to the first room!

(3) The second door you open increases the feeling of missing something... "Ye who hast chosen this fate. Famine will fight you."

Red Room:

Asmodeus' heart dropped like a ton of bricks, like his jaw. Despite it, he put on a brave face, and spouted another comment.
"Did you not like the comment about how cliche it was? I'm sorry, but I bet you have plenty of other skills, like pillaging, raping and slaughter."
Find a way out. If there is no way out, look around and try to see anything that was missed upon first glance. Then, examine the pentagram.
Spoiler: Asmodeus Deux (click to show/hide)

(4) Sadly, there is no way out, but you feel slightly stronger as you stand on the pentagram. Your physical strength has increased over the limits of a human mind! "Ye who hast chosen this fate. War will fight you."

All runes in the room begin to glow and everything begins to shake!
"The seals were the doors. Congratulations."

Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2012, 07:23:57 am »

"Pestilence to my bloody f-"

Tala restrained herself before it went too far. Sure, the stress was piling up, and she decided to blame Vara for it, but this was unbecoming of her nature.

She made a mental note to apologize to Vara later after taking a deep breath to calm herself.

"Fight me over what, voice? My life for...what?"

Examine room, then brace self for a war of minute epic proportions!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2012, 07:47:27 am »

((Well fuck, I didn't see that the stupid damn thing was a blank either.  Well happy day for us.  *sigh* So basically there's not a god damn thing I can do to help really.  Lovely, absolutely lovely.  Also how was I supposed to know I was infected too, until OOC shit happened.  You gotta make stuff like that clear otherwise yeah, people are going to look stupid because we can't read minds.))

Southern Room, go there

"Well, gotta be something in here to help."

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:52:11 am by V-Norrec »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2012, 07:56:17 am »

((Woah, chill bro. I didn't realize it either until I re-read the turn and remembered how I structured my own turns. We're in a room of pestilence...we won't die like rolling over to die.  :())

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2012, 08:28:30 am »

"I'd die sooner or later. I have to make sure you survive, though." Asbes notes, staring at his partner. His voice grows in dread and sadness. "If I'm struck down, please take my amulet with the stored knowledge, and share what I have with the others...Except for Arnok."

Examine the book and the room.

>Yes?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2012, 08:37:09 am »

Go through the southern door!

Spoiler: Arnok Balaiken (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2012, 09:05:05 am »

((Well, somehow, I don't see our chances as being all that high, you know, diseased and no cure in sight, that's generally end of the line.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29