Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 68916 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Fuggem

Shorten
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Just so you know, I wasn't simply being an ass when I said this was a terrible week for me workwise. I'll end this when I can; I hope that can be on Wednesday, but no promises.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

It's all good, LNCP!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Welp.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

It isn't actually shortened yet, IO (esp. because I think UI is opposed). You can still speak your piece if you have time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Oh. In that case:

Oppose Shorten.

UI:
Oppose Shorten.

My question is why Jim didn't say anything to anyone else.
I believe there were three things going on here.

One, he presumably considered me more his "real" partner than any of his other three sets of scumbuddies, as I suppose his roleflip implies.

Two, he was still bitter and wary about previous LNCP games, notably the one where he was an elf with no kill and a mole on his team. He didn't fully trust me at first either, which made me a little suspicious until he told me about his position.

Finally, neither of us knew how we were supposed to win, so even if none of you were moles or a "real" scumteam proper, he didn't want to go around blabbing all his secrets to everyone unless there was a good reason for it.

IronyOwl.

So basically ZU could talk to everyone and IO could do everything?
Why did this seem like a reasonable assumption to you?

Dariush:
Appeal to emotion, blackmail, attempt to win our sympathy by admitting to not killing a known roleblocker, bullshit explanation regarding DS kill... Nah, I'm not buying it. If you're telling the truth and are indeed the only one among the 'elite' division with a gun, that'll make you the most dangerous among us after (if) we kill Kommandant. Your team proved to be antagonistic by not claiming your knowledge (that everyone is a spy) outright.
Not buying what?

And not claiming that everyone was a spy wasn't antagonistic; we didn't know how the game was supposed to be played or won, and so didn't feel like blabbing everything all at once. Your team started to suspect the same and didn't claim it until your necks were in the noose, after all.

Hapah:
Quote from: IO
Incidentally, you've seemed awfully nervous even for scum. Are you that terrified of night actions, even with my kill disabled?
Of course I'm nervous. And I'm not scared of night actions (barring yours, of course), I'm scared of some guard seeing someone running about in the night and the Kommandant declaring that we still have a Spy problem. I think taking no action when you flip is the safest course of action, but I'm very doubtful I'll get everyone (or maybe even anyone) on board. I just don't see what we'd have to gain running around this next night.

My vote stays on you, IO, but we've got a couple of days to kill. If you think you shouldn't be lynched, what course of action do you suggest? I don't think a no-lynch will work (per the rules, and the Kommandant's opening today reinforces it). What would you have us do?
Inspects, for one. What makes you think night actions might be related to spy activity and not anything else? What makes you think this activity is only an issue after I've flipped?

Less sure on what we should do instead, though a no-lynch might at least be an interesting experiment. The fact that there's specific, explicit mechanics for it might just be LNCP trying to improve the pace of the game, or it could be meaningful in some way.

Shakerag:
Okay, I'm back amongst the living. 

What I found from inspecting IronyOwl: Found a knife, no maker's marks on it, can't tell how old it is.  Blade and handle seem to come from different knives.  Clean and well cared for.  Also found a small leather case.  Small syringe and three sharp needles inside.  Also has a small corked vial, label torn off, half full of a clear liquid.  Did not smell it.
And?

Toaster:
So he's a killer and probably a blocker too.  Yeah, doesn't change my desire to hang him.
No. The syringes are for knocking the target out so I can drag them to the edge of camp to knife them open.

Why does being a killer like I already claimed not change your desire to hang me?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP
What makes you think night actions might be related to spy activity and not anything else? What makes you think this activity is only an issue after I've flipped?
We've all claimed Spy, and ZU confirmed all the teams. And it's an issue if after you flip if the Kommandant says that we got all the Spies, and then someone mucks it all up by stalking around in the night when they're not supposed to and gets spotted. If Kommandant says we killed all the spies, I really don't want to give him a reason to think he might be mistaken.

(You'll also noticed Kommandant's tone has relaxed since yesterday. That's why I think he'll say we got them all after one more flip)

Less sure on what we should do instead, though a no-lynch might at least be an interesting experiment. The fact that there's specific, explicit mechanics for it might just be LNCP trying to improve the pace of the game, or it could be meaningful in some way.
A no-lynch would be an interesting experiment in what happens when you get shot in the face.
Quote from: The OP
  • I, the moderator, will not lie to you.
  • On a no-lynch, no-vote or tie, the Nazis will choose a person to kill randomly.
Unless you think LNCP would explicitly state that he wouldn't lie to us, and then lie to us anyway, a no-lynch is a random lynch. And I think you're a much better option than a random lynch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Irony:
Toaster:
So he's a killer and probably a blocker too.  Yeah, doesn't change my desire to hang him.
No. The syringes are for knocking the target out so I can drag them to the edge of camp to knife them open.

Why does being a killer like I already claimed not change your desire to hang me?

Why would it change it?  You're part of the informed minority which, as I've been lead to believe playing Mafia this two and a half years (Seriously? Damn.), is a Bad Thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

IronyOwl.

So basically ZU could talk to everyone and IO could do everything?
Why did this seem like a reasonable assumption to you?
Because you had a vial like Dariush and syringes like Toaster.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

IO: How were there no drag marks when you moved DS? And how did you not get spotted?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hapah:
PFP
What makes you think night actions might be related to spy activity and not anything else? What makes you think this activity is only an issue after I've flipped?
We've all claimed Spy, and ZU confirmed all the teams. And it's an issue if after you flip if the Kommandant says that we got all the Spies, and then someone mucks it all up by stalking around in the night when they're not supposed to and gets spotted. If Kommandant says we killed all the spies, I really don't want to give him a reason to think he might be mistaken.
I don't see how this addresses the question. You're pulling this suspicion out of nowhere (and have had it before now) without explaining why, specifically, it's night actions after I've been lynched that you think might muck things up.

(You'll also noticed Kommandant's tone has relaxed since yesterday. That's why I think he'll say we got them all after one more flip)
This is an interesting point, but what makes you say that would have to be my flip? Why do you think we got word of more spies after the first four?

A no-lynch would be an interesting experiment in what happens when you get shot in the face.
Quote from: The OP
  • I, the moderator, will not lie to you.
  • On a no-lynch, no-vote or tie, the Nazis will choose a person to kill randomly.
Unless you think LNCP would explicitly state that he wouldn't lie to us, and then lie to us anyway, a no-lynch is a random lynch. And I think you're a much better option than a random lynch.
It's not necessarily just a random lynch, though. In fact, if some of your special abilities apply it's not even truly random or impossible to nolynch, is it?

PFP

IO: How were there no drag marks when you moved DS? And how did you not get spotted?
I carried him out carefully. Not sure exactly why I wasn't spotted, but it's presumably related to the reasons no power roles get spotted.

Toaster:
Irony:
Toaster:

Why would it change it?  You're part of the informed minority which, as I've been lead to believe playing Mafia this two and a half years (Seriously? Damn.), is a Bad Thing.
What were you waiting on Shakerag for, then? You certainly made it sound significant.

And I'd remind you that this is a bastard game, and that I'm not much more informed than any of you are.

UI:
Because you had a vial like Dariush and syringes like Toaster.
Oh. That makes sense.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Irony:
Toaster:
Irony:
Toaster:

What were you waiting on Shakerag for, then? You certainly made it sound significant.

Bullshit.

Waiting for Shakerag to chime in, but I seriously doubt he'll say anything that'll change my mind.

Oh yeah, super significant there.

And I'd remind you that this is a bastard game, and that I'm not much more informed than any of you are.

Also bullshit.  You were teamed with a guy who was in on all the chats and therefore knew everyone was a spy.  Why didn't he give out that info ahead of time?  Because you're antagonistic to all of us.

Third count of bullshit is your failure to vote anyone or provide any real alternate explanation to what's going on, but by now it's really irrelevant since you're 100% bad, horrible, evil scum.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

You knew everyone was spies from the beginning, bro.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP
I don't see how this addresses the question. You're pulling this suspicion out of nowhere (and have had it before now) without explaining why, specifically, it's night actions after I've been lynched that you think might muck things up.
Got the Spies, good work everyone -> Why was someone out of their tent when they weren't supposed to be? -> Must be more spies up to no good. It's probably groundless, but I'm the paranoid sort.

This is an interesting point, but what makes you say that would have to be my flip? Why do you think we got word of more spies after the first four?
Might not have to be your flip. But why would we lynch anyone else? You've already claimed a gun, which means you could take the artifact from us by force and/or kill us all in the endgame (I'm sure there's a better way to phrase that but I'm PFP)

And I don't know why there were more spies spotted. Maybe as a vehicle to keep the game moving, maybe someone was actually spotted by the guards coming and going. I really don't know.

It's not necessarily just a random lynch, though. In fact, if some of your special abilities apply it's not even truly random or impossible to nolynch, is it?
[/quote
I don't see what this has to do with anything. A nolynch is, at best, an attempted random lynch, since you want to split hairs.

PPE
UI, Toaster: Yeah, he did know. He didn't even volunteer the information before I put it all in the middle with the Spy claim, he just wanted to be sure he wasn't part of the claim. It's scummy as hell. (Dunno if he actively tried to dissuade me or not, can go back and read the chat after work)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Also bullshit.  You were teamed with a guy who was in on all the chats and therefore knew everyone was a spy.  Why didn't he give out that info ahead of time?  Because you're antagonistic to all of us.
You knew everyone was spies from the beginning, bro.
But not the significance of that information. We didn't, and still don't, know what everyone being a spy means. Are there turncoats embedded within each scumgroup? Is this a cagematch between spy groups?

If you had been in our positions, what would you have done? Claimed it immediately and then hoped the setup could be cracked just like that? Better yet, what would you have advocated doing if we had claimed it? Nolynched repeatedly? Picked a side to gang up on? Lynched the Commies because you're out of other ideas?

Toaster:
Bullshit.

Oh yeah, super significant there.
I meant here. Why spell it out like that if its only significance is that it's not a miracle?

Third count of bullshit is your failure to vote anyone or provide any real alternate explanation to what's going on, but by now it's really irrelevant since you're 100% bad, horrible, evil scum.
Probably because I have no more idea what's going on than you do at this point, and unlike you, I haven't got an easy target to lazily bandwagon.

That said, if you'd really like my opinion and are determined to be this lazy, I'd advocate lynching Toaster today, seeing as it's the last chance to do so before his team controls 3/5s of the vote. Barring Dariush blocking him, of course, but that's apparently not very comforting regarding me running around shooting people.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37