Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 68896 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

BMC
What makes you so sure the reference to the movie at the thread title has anything to do with the presence of SKs, and American ones at that?

Do you have any reason to be coy about claiming? Are you, perhaps, hiding something?
Read the plot summary to the movie up there, it'd fit right into the movie plot. Seriously, google the material if you're wondering how it relates to the game.
I saw the movie, but how do you know there are SKs and the thread title isn't just that, a thread title? You are the only one here defending the possibility of SKs.

@DeathSword: Oh, its oddly coy to be looking for signs of scummy behavior right out of the gate? I'm sorry, I guess I'll go back to asking people about their choices between two horribly flawed thought systems. What is wrong with looking for tells from the first few posts, and what, specifically with that off handed halfucasation (that's a portmanteau of half and accusation that I just made up, for clarity reasons)?
What is odd is that you are coy about it, as you said you were.

A quick look at [ur=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/coyl]Wikitionary[/url] provided the following meaning to the word:
Reluctant to give details about something sensitive
So, why are you coy?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noobscum was probably the wrong word, badscum is probably a better choice. And Tir, what would you expect me to do in a mafia game? Look for tells, pressure on those tells, and then get the scum to reveal something incriminating. RVS isn't scum hunting, it's usually stupid questions (or when stupid questions are more likely to appear) that don't gain any real information.
You know, it's quite amusing to watch how you struggle to evade a direct question. Second time I ask, what was rolefishing about asking whether you would claim miller, BMC?
Because he was asking about roles fairly early, as if to gain information about my role.

blackmagechill.

I call OMGUS.

I'd prefer to call it a pressure vote, but whatever you feel is necessary.

Read my post first, handsome. What contempt do you see in my post? And what are you talking about by the bolded portions?
You are the only one who's gone this far into this line of questioning in a piss poor tunneling attempt based on my dislike of RVS, and playing vanilla town blows because you're powerless and you don't have any real power over fifty percent of the game (I'm not counting day abilities because they're weird), and the only real thing you can do is scumhunt which, while one of the more fun parts of the game, isn't as good as doing the roleblock that saved the cop.

You have picked that post and  my dislike of RVS (the foundation of all other dialog and interaction) for the entire basis of your accusations against me.

Also, how in the nine circles of hell are you thinking up the second portion? Jumpy jumpy there based on a single vote.
I'm not claiming you're jumpy in the sense that you've moved your vote around, I'm saying you're jumpy in the way that almost of all of your interactions have been towards me and claims of my terrible scumminess, because I have information, and some RVS/"why u ask about rolefishing" line of questioning. What information do I have that you don't?

do you think LCNP would tell the spy team "oh hey Deathsword and IronyOwl are serial killers too, so I'd kill them on D2 so they can get rid of people without you using your kill"? No, I don't think he would. I know there are four spies and some of the references are to material with including a whole bunch of american serial killers. If there was game run from some material based on D&D, wouldn't you speculate on what could show up if you weren't given a role list? I'm tossing out ideas, not alluding to some mystical list of the roles and alignments of everyone.

Easy for you to say, scumbag. Also easy to only depend on information more than anything else - because you know.
Yes, I have the mystical Aryan god list of alignments and roles and I am thoroughly abusing it my arguements. What convinced you that I was absolutely certain of the fact that there were SKs? Was it the same post where I said there could be two scum teams that could be unable to communicate with each other, which was a bit referential to the source material? If you hadn't already guessed, those were ideas, not facts.

snip

Because this here perfectly explains your presence here. Spy.
I'm going to stab you in the throat with the Spear of Destiny.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Shameless double post, I get away with it because I'm the only one who's being seriously questioned at this point)

BMC

I saw the movie, but how do you know there are SKs and the thread title isn't just that, a thread title? You are the only one here defending the possibility of SKs.
I'm not defending the possibility of SKs. In that same post (77, if you're interested), I tossed around the idea of two scum teams, but thought that SKs who were labeled as spies was probably more likely, because four people on a scum team is a whole lot.

What is odd is that you are coy about it, as you said you were.

A quick look at [ur=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/coyl]Wikitionary[/url] provided the following meaning to the word:
Reluctant to give details about something sensitive
So, why are you coy?
I've been using that word wrong for quite a while it seems. I was thinking of it as being a bit more synonymous with shrewd or suspicious. I tossed out my flavor claim, and for those interested, I am a vanilla townie. My role and stuff is scattered throughout my posts, but, admittedly, still there.

Dariush: What are you voting Hapah for? He was chainsawing for Jim, but just sticking his name in all caps in a vote post is a bit weird.

Tiruin: What bothered you so much about the flavor claim? (just a warning, I plan to extend this into a line of questioning in which I won't interact with anyone else other than RVS questions).

TolyK: Based on all of the activity up to this point, who would you inspect tonight?

DeathSword: Since you seem to be interested in my SK idea, do you think there are any third parties?

Errebody:: What did you receive as your mission?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Oh really? Then pray explain, why the sudden change in attitude? You've never done so in previous games.

You mean make a joke?

I've made plenty of jokes in games before. I guess you must be a humorless ball of fury all the time if you think I've never made a joke.

Actually, it doesn't. I don't follow what you're getting at.

I guess you missed the part where I asked him about the movie and to speculate its relevance to the game.

You latched on hard to speculation. You took what BMC speculated and assumed that that was what he actually thought. Why did you do that?

Find the Ark of the Covenant the Holy Grail some artifact or technology.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Prod received.  I simply wasn't able to get on the forum this weekend.

I'll put a real post in the morning, but flavor now:

I am Hilbert Hofmann, 0th SS Division Officer.  I am an extremely driven person, because I am secretly very insecure.  I was a fat wimpy nerd as a kid, but the teasing got me pissed off, which I funneled into incredible self-improvement.  I drove myself to my limits, and graduated in math as the most in-shape person.  I drove myself from the Freikorps through the regular army all the way to the 0th division through sheer will.

I'm a bit skeptical of how the unit is actually run, but I follow orders and seek to fulfill the mission.  Speaking of, I'm here to find some sort of artifact or something, but only the highest command knows what we're actually after.  I am still optimistic, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Actually, it doesn't. I don't follow what you're getting at.
Good thing you know what I'm talking about, because it really doesn't. I was waiting for his reaction to tell me more and decided to let the conclusion come from his viewpoint.

Read my post first, handsome. What contempt do you see in my post? And what are you talking about by the bolded portions?
You are the only one who's gone this far into this line of questioning in a piss poor tunneling attempt based on my dislike of RVS, and playing vanilla town blows because you're powerless and you don't have any real power over fifty percent of the game (I'm not counting day abilities because they're weird), and the only real thing you can do is scumhunt which, while one of the more fun parts of the game, isn't as good as doing the roleblock that saved the cop.

You have picked that post and  my dislike of RVS (the foundation of all other dialog and interaction) for the entire basis of your accusations against me.
Quote it in its entirety, boy. Go ahead. For one who sees 'powerless' ideas, I see you're infatuated with the power of roles over the power of logic and thinking.

Also, how in the nine circles of hell are you thinking up the second portion? Jumpy jumpy there based on a single vote.
I'm not claiming you're jumpy in the sense that you've moved your vote around, I'm saying you're jumpy in the way that almost of all of your interactions have been towards me and claims of my terrible scumminess, because I have information, and some RVS/"why u ask about rolefishing" line of questioning. What information do I have that you don't?

do you think LCNP would tell the spy team "oh hey Deathsword and IronyOwl are serial killers too, so I'd kill them on D2 so they can get rid of people without you using your kill"? No, I don't think he would. I know there are four spies and some of the references are to material with including a whole bunch of american serial killers. If there was game run from some material based on D&D, wouldn't you speculate on what could show up if you weren't given a role list? I'm tossing out ideas, not alluding to some mystical list of the roles and alignments of everyone.
Trying to twist my words, or really misunderstanding sentence construction. I was referring to you by the adjective of 'Jumpy'. And no, you didn't say anything of the sort until now.

Also, what makes you think I'm tunneling on you? Next, why do you care so much about me focusing my attention on you?

Explain the second bolded part because I can't parse what you're saying. Why include IronyOwl?

Easy for you to say, scumbag. Also easy to only depend on information more than anything else - because you know.
Yes, I have the mystical Aryan god list of alignments and roles and I am thoroughly abusing it my arguements. What convinced you that I was absolutely certain of the fact that there were SKs? Was it the same post where I said there could be two scum teams that could be unable to communicate with each other, which was a bit referential to the source material? If you hadn't already guessed, those were ideas, not facts.
Yeah, obviously they're ideas. What I was trying to ask was where you actually got those ideas - references or actual flavor. Also, I just looked at your post on SKs and decided to prod you on that, nothing more and nothing less.

I tossed out my flavor claim, and for those interested, I am a vanilla townie. My role and stuff is scattered throughout my posts, but, admittedly, still there.
You're denouncing your own role. Amazing.

Also on your question about me and flavor claims. Did. You. Read. My. Post?

Why does it seem like you're looking at the possibilities of SKs more than the evident four?

My mission is to find more information regarding some vague sort of technology or artifact.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, forgot this.
Dariush: What are you voting Hapah for? He was chainsawing for Jim, but just sticking his name in all caps in a vote post is a bit weird.
What chainsawing?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Jim Groovester  - 1 -  Toaster
Tiruin  - 1 -  blackmagechill
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 1 -  Hapah
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Shakerag
TolyK  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 1 -  Dariush
Shakerag  - 0 - 
blackmagechill  - 2 -  IronyOwl, Tiruin
Deathsword  - 1 -  Jim Groovester
-
Not Voting  - 3 -  TolyK, Deathsword, Powder Miner
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

IronyOwl has been prodded a second time.
Shakerag has been prodded a second time.
Powder Miner has been prodded.

The Day will end today, 8PM GMT.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Because he was asking about roles fairly early, as if to gain information about my role.
...How can asking whether you would claim as a miller lead to him gaining information about your role?
Dar: Regarding your questions to Jim in this post, was it really worth questioning him about? One reply was a joke, and one was a request for information.
What. Firstly, yes, that was worth questioning Jim about. RVS, remember? Any little thing is worth questioning about. Answering questions not directed at you is worth questioning at any time. Secondly, I don't care what his response contained. He answered questions which weren't asked to him. Isn't this a bit too early to get all chainy-sawwy, Hapah?
I'm tired of this shit. You aren't reading the thread, cannot answer a simple question and a playing purely defensively, not even so much as addressing anybody who isn't attacking you in some way. Oh wait, I forgot, you sandwiched a rolefishing question to Tolyk in the middle of all your shit, which makes you a hypocrite as well. So yeah, BMC. You should appreciate the irony of noobscum getting busted on a simple question which you mentioned earlier.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Jim:

I guess you missed the part where I asked him about the movie and to speculate its relevance to the game.

You latched on hard to speculation. You took what BMC speculated and assumed that that was what he actually thought. Why did you do that?
He is defending the idea of american SKs with quite a bit of conviction. Also kept claiming to be coy.

BMC:
for those interested, I am a vanilla townie. My role and stuff is scattered throughout my posts, but, admittedly, still there.
Why are you claiming your role now? Are you trying to make the kill-roles target someone else by saying you have no powers at all?

How is Dariush chainsawing Hapah? And how is Hapah chainsawing Jim?

DeathSword: Since you seem to be interested in my SK idea, do you think there are any third parties?
I am currently unsure if there are third parties or not. I couldn't find any indication on the flavour for it.

To track down a forgotten artifact or technology of some kind that the Führer believes to be key to winning the war.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

PFP, I thought weekends didn't count.  I'm here, give me time to read what transpired over said weekend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Busy with mapmaking via GIMP and preparing for family stuff - Happy Halloween in advance you all!

=snip=
So what's your mission, mien sniper?

BMC: For a vanilla townie, I'm surprised you're an Agent.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Unvote.  Old RVS vote.

Tiruin:
I have no idea what we'll be doing. So I'll just take a stroll here... but obviously we have to choose a person to die. We can't not choose nor can we be indecisive, or else the Mod will choose. By the looks of it, totally random if not.

Also, why do you want to take a stroll? Feeling like you'll get away with it, punk?

What is this?

@Jim: Reasonable, but I'm under the assumption that the spies have a coverstory behind their name, though. Trying to see all viewpoints of the idea other than lacking information.

Why do you assume this?  In WC1 and 2, the non-town players had an extremely brief cover given, but were forced to invent it, by and large.  Why assume differently here?

Dariush:
Dariush:  What are the implications of four spies in an eleven man game to you?
At first I thought that this would mean the scumteam has no kill or something like that. After making the previous post and thinking about it, I realized that it's just as likely that the information about the spies is incorrect.

I, the moderator, will not lie to you.

Do you think that doesn't apply?

-snip-

...cannot answer a simple question...

Neither can you, apparently.

Jim:  Why do you need my approval for a flavor claim?

BMC:
RVS isn't scum hunting

-snip-

@DeathSword: Oh, its oddly coy to be looking for signs of scummy behavior right out of the gate? I'm sorry, I guess I'll go back to asking people about their choices between two horribly flawed thought systems. What is wrong with looking for tells from the first few posts, and what, specifically with that off handed halfucasation (that's a portmanteau of half and accusation that I just made up, for clarity reasons)?

First, bullshit it isn't.

Second, you're contradicting yourself here.  At first it isn't scumhunting, then suddenly you're looking for scummy behavior and tells.

@Tiruin: What qualms do you have with claiming on D1? I'd claim miller early if it was my trait, much to your contempt it would seem. And why do you seem so eager to jump on me for all of the scummy things I've done, like pointing out what seemed like a minor tell, disliking being stuck as a vanilla member of the town (charisma is useless even in mafia it seems), and, and,.....oh wait.

It seems like I always attract waaaay too much stigma on D1.

Maybe because you do scummy things; especially admitting you've done so.

I don't think you and I have the same definition of jumpy.

((Shameless double post, I get away with it because I'm the only one who's being seriously questioned at this point)

-snip-

I've been using that word wrong for quite a while it seems. I was thinking of it as being a bit more synonymous with shrewd or suspicious. I tossed out my flavor claim, and for those interested, I am a vanilla townie. My role and stuff is scattered throughout my posts, but, admittedly, still there.

This falls under my definition of jumpy.  Also, persecution complex because you think a couple votes have doomed you.

Tiruin: What bothered you so much about the flavor claim? (just a warning, I plan to extend this into a line of questioning in which I won't interact with anyone else other than RVS questions).

This is lazy, passive, and scummy.  Intentionally tunneling someone, only defending self otherwise... you're not trying to hunt scum.  You're trying not to get lynched.  And that's what scum does.

Blackmagechill.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dariush:
Dariush:  What are the implications of four spies in an eleven man game to you?
At first I thought that this would mean the scumteam has no kill or something like that. After making the previous post and thinking about it, I realized that it's just as likely that the information about the spies is incorrect.
I, the moderator, will not lie to you.
The only information we have about the number of spies comes from flavor. I'm positive that doesn't count as 'moderator speaking'.

-snip-

...cannot answer a simple question...
Neither can you, apparently.
The vote was a pressure one. I wanted to know Hapah's reasons for the strange response (and I still want them).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Dariush:
The only information we have about the number of spies comes from flavor. I'm positive that doesn't count as 'moderator speaking'.

Fair enough.

The vote was a pressure one. I wanted to know Hapah's reasons for the strange response (and I still want them).

Why answer when I ask and not BMC?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37