Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 68902 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Jim Groovester  - 1 -  Toaster
Tiruin  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 1 -  Shakerag
TolyK  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 1 -  TolyK
Hapah  - 1 -  Deathsword
Shakerag  - 0 - 
blackmagechill  - 2 -  IronyOwl, Powder Miner
Deathsword  - 1 -  Jim Groovester
-
Not Voting  - 4 -  Tiruin, Dariush, Hapah, blackmagechill
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Monday, 8PM GMT.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dariush: Do you plan to go against society, as usual? Or do you plan to find the infiltrators using more pacific methods?
If by 'pacific methods' you mean 'the methods of natives inhabiting various small islands in the Pacific ocean', meaning 'eat them', then sure why not.

blackmagechill:  If you were a miller, would you claim in your first post?
HMM, that's a good question, along with a bit of rolefishing in there. Curious? I'd probably claim pretty early, because its in my best interest to not seem suspicious and not waste town inspects and/or lynches on myself. Early claiming also keeps people from calling you out on claiming to avoid a lynch after your scumbuddy got in trouble.
Where did you see rolefishing in there, if he's asking about a purely theoretical possibility of you being a miller?

Dariush: Do you plan to go against society, as usual? Or do you plan to find the infiltrators using more pacific methods?

I prefer Atlantic methods myself.

Shakerag: Who do you think the third party would be, if there is one? (I'm betting it's an homage to Inglorious Basterds if there is one)

Speaking of Inglourious Basterds, I haven't seen the movie, but I'm going to ask you to speculate about its relevance to the game.
Why are you answering questions not directed at you?
Point being, I am going to confidently assert that the scum team is most likely not the biggest threat to the town. I don't know what the composition of the rest of the threats to the town will be, but I think they're going to be significantly more threatening than the formal scum team.
OP explicitly states that there are four scum. That's over a third of the players. Why do you think a bunch of spies won't be the most important threat, Jim? Do you think that we are being lied to by the commander?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blackmagechill:
HMM, that's a good question, along with a bit of rolefishing in there. Curious? I'd probably claim pretty early, because its in my best interest to not seem suspicious and not waste town inspects and/or lynches on myself. Early claiming also keeps people from calling you out on claiming to avoid a lynch after your scumbuddy got in trouble.
I wouldn't tend to consider miller status rolefishing accusation worthy. Why so coy about this?

Just generally being a coy person and an eagerness to get out of RVS, really. This is probably the worst stage in the game because it doesn't reveal much information unless noobscum cracks under a vote.

@Jim: The movie involved Brad Pitt leading a gang of sociopaths across Nazi Occupied France to commit as many war crimes as possible, and his victims were usually scalped or had swastikas carved into their foreheads. The better part of the group was killed in a bar fight in a basement after a british spy blew their cover by using the English three hand gesture (index, middle, ring) as opposed to the german one (index, middle, thumb) the remainder of the group blows up a movie theater with hitler in it.

So American SKs, or two teams of spies unable to contact each other. But most likely american SKs.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hapah:
Toaster: Why'd you drop the line of questioning?

Because it was RVS crap getting nowhere.

Jim:  What do you think the scum team is capable of, then?  Any guesses as to the nature of the "real" threat?

Toaster, Day 1 flavor claims. Good idea or not? Keeping in mind that we did them in WCI & II.

Given that it helped catch out scum in at least one WC, I don't see it being a bad thing.  I'm certainly not opposed.

Dariush:  What are the implications of four spies in an eleven man game to you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Going to get a post here soon, because RL, and other Mafias.

And that epic flavor PM. Hold on.

blackmagechill:
I wouldn't tend to consider miller status rolefishing accusation worthy. Why so coy about this?

Just generally being a coy person and an eagerness to get out of RVS, really. This is probably the worst stage in the game because it doesn't reveal much information unless noobscum cracks under a vote.
Worst stage? Hmm.

So what if 'noobscum' don't crack? What will you do then, BMC? On that note, why specifically the newbies, and why doesn't it reveal much information when it is the foundation of all other dialogue and interaction of a Mafia game?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

TolyK:  What habit?
I typically don't typically try to aggressively, but it's a habit I need to break. So I'mma go push my questioned persons more this time around.

Powder Miner: Do you think our Kommandant did the right thing? What do you think about the setup of the game, and how do you think actions are going to be played?
What do you hope to gain by asking a flavor question, in specific that one? You might as well ask "Are you scum?". Now, as for the setup of the game, I think it's going to make decisions rather rushed, we should be putting our effort into working quickly- and therefore we can't just RVS for a week and a half. We can't just go and ask silly questions. As for how actions play out, how would I know? I don't know your roles, just mine, so I can't possibly predict it. It seems more to me like you were asking about my role. I don't intend to tell you.
I asked to see if you would reply normally (instead of over-enthusiastically), which you technically did.
I meant more about whether you thought there would be something such as gaining abilities or something like that. But that's a solid enough answer. Unvote

If by 'pacific methods' you mean 'the methods of natives inhabiting various small islands in the Pacific ocean', meaning 'eat them', then sure why not.
[/quote]
Uh... okay?
I prefer Atlantic methods myself.
Har har. Why did you answer that question? Just for the joke?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Currently with some hearing problems (can barely hear on the right side) and it's causing some problems for me. I won't be able to post for today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

Quote from: Jim
Hapah, what do you think will be the relevance of flavor in this game, seeing as how this is your first go through an LNCP game?
I'd guess very relevant. I get the feeling the information from flavor isn't going to be as cut-and-dry as it was in the last Paranormal (the game that pops to mind for me when I think of relevant flavor), but I'd bet it's going to play a part.

Suffice it to say, I've got no goddamn clue what I've gotten myself into, lol. On that note, if anyone has a word of advice based on previous LNCP games, I'm all ears. I can probably finish WC1 by the weekend, but it's a little different reading it after the fact than playing it, you know?

Dar: Regarding your questions to Jim in this post, was it really worth questioning him about? One reply was a joke, and one was a request for information.

PPE: Do what you've gotta do, DS! Health before Mafia.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Blackmagechill
Why are you asking questions about previous games? What do you hope to accomplish from asking about something that will have very little to do this game, after all, roles are switched up between rounds.
I know pretty well how the game works.

Why is it such a big deal to ask questions about previous games, hmm? Deathsword does a lot in BM games, and I wanted to get a read on his definition of good play on his part, and Tir always being scum is mostly Hapah's joke.

I'm trying to get a pretext from how everyone else is reading things (specifically tells), and there's nothing to look into here but RVS.
I'm mostly just concerned about how much it'll achieve with the hard time limit.
What do you hope to gain by asking a flavor question, in specific that one? You might as well ask "Are you scum?".
Is there a reason you didn't answer it?
Because there's only one answer to the question and it frankly seems pointless to answer it. But if you really want an answer: Yes, he did the right thing.

Powder Miner, as I recall, you were in a previous LNCP game, so I'm curious why you're questioning people regarding the importance of flavor.
I was in WC2 which I left in the middle of before anything really happened. That said, there's a difference between a meaningful flavor question and, as TolyK put it, a reaction flavor question.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

TolyK
Tiruin: What do you think about the setup of this game? What do you think: will we be only voting and actioning, or will be also be walking around or such?
The setup is epic. Flavor mostly likely has an effect, and there are bastardly rules because this is...'experimental'. No newbies that is.

I have no idea what we'll be doing. So I'll just take a stroll here... but obviously we have to choose a person to die. We can't not choose nor can we be indecisive, or else the Mod will choose. By the looks of it, totally random if not.

Also, why do you want to take a stroll? Feeling like you'll get away with it, punk?

Anyway, if you had a one-shot night inspect, when would you use it and why?

Shakerag
Tiruin:  You're a spy and it's N1.  You can choose to be untargetable or use a roleblock.  Which do you pick?
Hmm, my choice most likely depends on how well I played the game. If untargetable - then I am unsure about my day game and may have messed up, or will have drawn attention to myself, or have a reputation among the mafia players. If roleblock, then no connection to day game other than the fact that I can mess with those silly Nazis.

So Roleblock.

...Why those two choices?

BMC
Tiruin: Is this the game that Hapah's right about you always being scum? Do you think your reputation will influence anyone's voting?

What?

I've a reputation?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think reputation is something to believe in. What will influence others' voting is how you present your case - preferably legible, coherent and with a connection to the game you're playing. Reputation is fluff to me here.

Also, what's that about Hapah?

BMC: If you could choose between being a commie or a nazi (but not a spy), which would you choose?
I don't know if there are commies in this game or not (trade unionists maybe, but commies? That's a bit of an unfriendly term), so I guess I'm stuck being a Nazi. Siiiiiigh
The question asked your choice, you answered if you knew commies were present or not. Then you sigh on being a Nazi? Mhmm...Why the sigh?

And on that note.
So American SKs, or two teams of spies unable to contact each other. But most likely american SKs.
How does America factor in here?

Dariush:
ARE YOU GOING TO RAGE IN THE NAME OF OUR GLORIOUS FÜHRER?

Anyway, what do you think about probable no lynches or tie votes - would they help finding the spies if the Moderator chose the kill? Also, if you had a one-shot day kill, when would you use it as a spy?

Deathsword

Hapah: How do you think the game was affected (if at all) by having it start at night?

BMC: If you could choose between being a commie or a nazi (but not a spy), which would you choose?

Toaster: If you were a nazi and had a protect, how would you decide on whom to us it on?
Commie? Communists?

Where did you get that strange idea?

lordnincompoop: Is the Kommandant votable? Are you votable? Is everything you will be saying the truth, no bias present?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

lordnincompoop: Is the Kommandant votable? Are you votable?

I am not here to let you be lazy and passive.

Is everything you will be saying the truth, no bias present?

I have answered this already. Please try to read more carefully.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

No votecount because of the lack of posts.

Jim Groovester has been prodded.
IronyOwl has been prodded.

The Day will end Monday, 8PM GMT.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dariush:  What are the implications of four spies in an eleven man game to you?
At first I thought that this would mean the scumteam has no kill or something like that. After making the previous post and thinking about it, I realized that it's just as likely that the information about the spies is incorrect.

ARE YOU GOING TO RAGE IN THE NAME OF OUR GLORIOUS FÜHRER?

Anyway, what do you think about probable no lynches or tie votes - would they help finding the spies if the Moderator chose the kill? Also, if you had a one-shot day kill, when would you use it as a spy?
Heeeeeil no. I'm nazifficiently good at multitasking to scumhunt efficiently while raging. (gottdammit, I ran out of puns far too soon :()

I think that on a no-lynch for any reasons we would simply lose one (or maybe two) of our number at random. So no, not really useful. Also, I'd use the day-kill either ASAP or at LYLO (if it reveals me or something).

Dar: Regarding your questions to Jim in this post, was it really worth questioning him about? One reply was a joke, and one was a request for information.
What. Firstly, yes, that was worth questioning Jim about. RVS, remember? Any little thing is worth questioning about. Answering questions not directed at you is worth questioning at any time. Secondly, I don't care what his response contained. He answered questions which weren't asked to him. Isn't this a bit too early to get all chainy-sawwy, Hapah?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

TolyK
Tiruin: What do you think about the setup of this game? What do you think: will we be only voting and actioning, or will be also be walking around or such?
The setup is epic. Flavor mostly likely has an effect, and there are bastardly rules because this is...'experimental'. No newbies that is.

I have no idea what we'll be doing. So I'll just take a stroll here... but obviously we have to choose a person to die. We can't not choose nor can we be indecisive, or else the Mod will choose. By the looks of it, totally random if not.

Also, why do you want to take a stroll? Feeling like you'll get away with it, punk?

Anyway, if you had a one-shot night inspect, when would you use it and why?
I'd probably use it the second night, since by then I'd likely already have suspects which I'd want to check, and wasting it the first night without much idea on who to use it for is not effective.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37