Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 68853 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Irony:  What relevance does Godwin's Law have to this game?

Jim:  What lessons can you take from WC1 and 2 to apply to this game?

Hapah:  Would you rather be a spy, a nazi, or a commie?

Shakerag:  How bastardly do you expect this game to be?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Time to break my habit!

Powder Miner: Do you think our Kommandant did the right thing? What do you think about the setup of the game, and how do you think actions are going to be played?

Dariush: Do you plan to go against society, as usual? Or do you plan to find the infiltrators using more pacific methods?

Toaster: Hey, what exactly do you know about communists?

Tiruin: What do you think about the setup of this game? What do you think: will we be only voting and actioning, or will be also be walking around or such?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TolyK:  They wear red, sing the Internationale, and are inspired when I kick a tank into a giant robot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

Toaster: Are commies 3rd party or something?

I guess Nazi, since I think I like playing town more than scum. Also, what's WC?

(and Sweet Jesus Titty Cinnamon, the flavor.)

PPE: wtf?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hapah:  How do you know the spies aren't commie spies?

WC is Witches' Coven, a pair of awesome games.  You should read them.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

Toaster: I could ask you the same. You said a commie or a spy; that tells me they aren't the same. Seems a logical extension to 3rd party if nazi is town and spy is scum.

And thanks for WC link, I'll try to have a look this evening.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Well, we've got four spies and eleven of us.  From what little I know of standard balance, that seems a bit on the high side.  I would *think* that could effectively rule out third-parties, but LNCP stated this is non-vanilla and even "experimental", so everything I just said could be completely off the mark.  I'm guessing it's not going to be full-on bastard, but with a 4/7 split I'm thinking there will be at least a handful of unexpected things.

TolyK:  What habit?

Jim:  Do you expect overall flow of this game to be different due to a hard cap of 72 hours for each day?

Tiruin:  You're a spy and it's N1.  You can choose to be untargetable or use a roleblock.  Which do you pick?

IronyOwl:  What do you make of there being four spies in an eleven player game?

blackmagechill:  If you were a miller, would you claim in your first post? 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Hapah: How do you think the game was affected (if at all) by having it start at night?

BMC: If you could choose between being a commie or a nazi (but not a spy), which would you choose?

Toaster: If you were a nazi and had a protect, how would you decide on whom to us it on?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HMM, that's a good question, along with a bit of rolefishing in there. Curious? I'd probably claim pretty early, because its in my best interest to not seem suspicious and not waste town inspects and/or lynches on myself. Early claiming also keeps people from calling you out on claiming to avoid a lynch after your scumbuddy got in trouble.

BMC: If you could choose between being a commie or a nazi (but not a spy), which would you choose?
I don't know if there are commies in this game or not (trade unionists maybe, but commies? That's a bit of an unfriendly term), so I guess I'm stuck being a Nazi. Siiiiiigh

DeathSword: What did you learn from your last BM game with me?

Hapah: Say your a vig with a kill that has a 25% chance to name you as the killer. When do you use, and how sure do you have to be to use it?

Tiruin: Is this the game that Hapah's right about you always being scum? Do you think your reputation will influence anyone's voting?

Shakerag: Who do you think the third party would be, if there is one? (I'm betting it's an homage to Inglorious Basterds if there is one)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Powder Miner: Do you think our Kommandant did the right thing? What do you think about the setup of the game, and how do you think actions are going to be played?
What do you hope to gain by asking a flavor question, in specific that one? You might as well ask "Are you scum?". Now, as for the setup of the game, I think it's going to make decisions rather rushed, we should be putting our effort into working quickly- and therefore we can't just RVS for a week and a half. We can't just go and ask silly questions. As for how actions play out, how would I know? I don't know your roles, just mine, so I can't possibly predict it. It seems more to me like you were asking about my role. I don't intend to tell you.

Blackmagechill
Why are you asking questions about previous games? What do you hope to accomplish from asking about something that will have very little to do this game, after all, roles are switched up between rounds.

Shakerag
Would you think a jester would be more likely to win in this format? What about other third parties? Do you think they will even appear?

Irony Owl
What is your opinion of doing classic RVS in this setup? Do you think we'll run out of time?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Shakerag:
... I'm thinking there will be at least a handful of unexpected things.

Do you consider that a good thing?

Deathsword:
Toaster: If you were a nazi and had a protect, how would you decide on whom to us it on?

I'd try to pick out someone I both thought was town and was also a priority kill target, to maximize chances that I did some good.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blackmagechill
Why are you asking questions about previous games? What do you hope to accomplish from asking about something that will have very little to do this game, after all, roles are switched up between rounds.
I know pretty well how the game works.

Why is it such a big deal to ask questions about previous games, hmm? Deathsword does a lot in BM games, and I wanted to get a read on his definition of good play on his part, and Tir always being scum is mostly Hapah's joke.

I'm trying to get a pretext from how everyone else is reading things (specifically tells), and there's nothing to look into here but RVS.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

(Disclaimer: I've had a couple drinks)

Toaster: Why'd you drop the line of questioning?

Hapah: How do you think the game was affected (if at all) by having it start at night?
If must've done something, or else it wouldn't have happened. Right? (I haven't had a chance to read WC1 yet, but I got far enough to know it started N0 too, so I dunno)

Quote from: BMC
Hapah: Say your a vig with a kill that has a 25% chance to name you as the killer. When do you use, and how sure do you have to be to use it?
Wouldn't change a thing. If it was multi-use I'd use it every night, if it wasn't I'd hold onto it until I thought I was going to die.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Toaster:
Irony:  What relevance does Godwin's Law have to this game?
None. It's all Nazis all the time to begin with.

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  What do you make of there being four spies in an eleven player game?
Not sure exactly. I agree that it means something wonky's going on, but whether that means a lot of power roles or a split scumteam or what I can't say.

blackmagechill:
HMM, that's a good question, along with a bit of rolefishing in there. Curious? I'd probably claim pretty early, because its in my best interest to not seem suspicious and not waste town inspects and/or lynches on myself. Early claiming also keeps people from calling you out on claiming to avoid a lynch after your scumbuddy got in trouble.
I wouldn't tend to consider miller status rolefishing accusation worthy. Why so coy about this?

Deathsword:
What was the point of this question?

Powder Miner:
Irony Owl
What is your opinion of doing classic RVS in this setup? Do you think we'll run out of time?
I think it's the only real way to progress.

We might run out of time, though I'd imagine it'd be more "making a hasty decision" than "running out of time," per se, but I don't see any real alternatives.

What do you hope to gain by asking a flavor question, in specific that one? You might as well ask "Are you scum?".
Is there a reason you didn't answer it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Jim:  What lessons can you take from WC1 and 2 to apply to this game?

That being scum is hard.

Let's go back to a time before we knew how bastardly LNCP actually was. I am, of course, referring to the signups to Witches' Coven I. Bright-eyed with the chance for a flavor-heavy, flavor-relevant game of immense detail, we all signed up, clueless of the perils we were to face, especially those who were to have the misfortune of rolling a witch, like me.

Witches were the scum team. They had abilities of various use, but no kill. Who did? Why, none other than a vigilante lumberjack, a sociopath wizard who sought his rogue golem, and the rogue golem who was powered by lynches. In a game of roughly twelve.

We did not stand a chance.

Let us then move forward to a time when we thought there was no way LNCP could be that bastardly again. I am, of course, referring to the signups to Witches' Coven II. Slightly unsettled about the difficulties imposed on the roles, but still greatly entertained by the flavor and detail, we all signed up, confident in our assumption that there was no way LNCP could be even more bastardly than before.

How wrong we were. Especially for those of us who had the misfortune of being scum. I was on the Elf team. The Elf team was a cult. A cult with a mole. A mole who was also a member of the Witch team.

That was fucking bullshit.

Point being, I am going to confidently assert that the scum team is most likely not the biggest threat to the town. I don't know what the composition of the rest of the threats to the town will be, but I think they're going to be significantly more threatening than the formal scum team.

Jim:  Do you expect overall flow of this game to be different due to a hard cap of 72 hours for each day?

Oh, yeah.

Since we're all a bunch of busybodies who can't get anything done in less than a week.

I think we'll have to keep in mind that we'll need to make and get reads quick.

Dariush: Do you plan to go against society, as usual? Or do you plan to find the infiltrators using more pacific methods?

I prefer Atlantic methods myself.

Shakerag: Who do you think the third party would be, if there is one? (I'm betting it's an homage to Inglorious Basterds if there is one)

Speaking of Inglourious Basterds, I haven't seen the movie, but I'm going to ask you to speculate about its relevance to the game.

Deathsword, do you Heil Hitler every morning, noon, and night?

Powder Miner, as I recall, you were in a previous LNCP game, so I'm curious why you're questioning people regarding the importance of flavor.

Hapah, what do you think will be the relevance of flavor in this game, seeing as how this is your first go through an LNCP game?

Toaster, Day 1 flavor claims. Good idea or not? Keeping in mind that we did them in WCI & II.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37