Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: M E I N K A M P F : A Tale of Vainglourious Basterds - [GAME OVER: 5/11]  (Read 68909 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Also shorten.

Toaster, what are you going to do tonight if the game isn't over by then?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

IronyOwl.

Dariush:  I feel almost certain it will be- ZU is the first person to flip with a role other than "Spy."  Other than that, I hadn't really thought about it.  Probably reread and jack a vote from somebody, because it means victory hasn't been achieved yet.  (And probably be blocked by you.)

I am curious what our inspectors have turned up.  Obviously I successfully stole Irony's vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

IronyOwl.

Toaster, you forgot to put down your second vote.

Thinking in advance, I'd ask everyone to sit on their hands if (when) IO flips Soviet. I'm rather paranoid, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So.

To start with, yes, I'm a Soviet Executioner. I don't think that means what you think it means, though.

Basically, our mission was to retrieve the artifact for ourselves. Trouble is, we weren't informed of how to do that; there didn't seem to be anything we can manipulate flavor-wise, so we were mostly left with a combination of the Kommandant's game and sort of waiting around. Or at least, Jim was; ZU decided that the only possible explanation was that we needed to dispose of some people, and thus began his far more aggressive, antagonistic play in that direction. His play for French loyalty at the end was more desperation than certainty that wiping out two other teams was the answer, but he'd been entertaining it as a possibility prior to that.

So with that out of the way, I think lynching me today is a bad idea. For one thing, I'm the only one with a gun; that might come in handy later, especially if the Kommandant isn't satisfied with four more spies either.

For another, you know I'm not openly antagonistic. Jim told me all your roles D1; I knew Dariush was a roleblocker, and I knew he was targeting me. I didn't bother killing him, even though he was openly antagonistic towards me, because I didn't think removing him would be productive to anything. If I was scum, there really wouldn't be any reason to leave that kind of a liability alive. The only player I did (successfully) kill, in fact, was Deathsword, and that only because I figured he'd get himself lynched at some point so I might as well speed things along a bit.

For a third thing, my lynch is lazy and you know it. Granted, ZU was a traitor to pretty much all of you- but Jim wasn't. That wasn't anything innate in ZU's role, that was him deciding to take a far more aggressive stance. Otherwise, all you've got is that Soviets are different and you're terrified of kills.

IronyOwl.

Thinking in advance, I'd ask everyone to sit on their hands if (when) IO flips Soviet. I'm rather paranoid, though.
Incidentally, you've seemed awfully nervous even for scum. Are you that terrified of night actions, even with my kill disabled?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Oppose Shorten.

My question is why Jim didn't say anything to anyone else.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Appeal to emotion, blackmail, attempt to win our sympathy by admitting to not killing a known roleblocker, bullshit explanation regarding DS kill... Nah, I'm not buying it. If you're telling the truth and are indeed the only one among the 'elite' division with a gun, that'll make you the most dangerous among us after (if) we kill Kommandant. Your team proved to be antagonistic by not claiming your knowledge (that everyone is a spy) outright.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I don't need to- it goes automatically.

Waiting for Shakerag to chime in, but I seriously doubt he'll say anything that'll change my mind.  (Also, for the record, that case he found had my syringes for the double vote power.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Quote from: IO
Incidentally, you've seemed awfully nervous even for scum. Are you that terrified of night actions, even with my kill disabled?
Of course I'm nervous. And I'm not scared of night actions (barring yours, of course), I'm scared of some guard seeing someone running about in the night and the Kommandant declaring that we still have a Spy problem. I think taking no action when you flip is the safest course of action, but I'm very doubtful I'll get everyone (or maybe even anyone) on board. I just don't see what we'd have to gain running around this next night.

My vote stays on you, IO, but we've got a couple of days to kill. If you think you shouldn't be lynched, what course of action do you suggest? I don't think a no-lynch will work (per the rules, and the Kommandant's opening today reinforces it). What would you have us do?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

I don't need to- it goes automatically.

Waiting for Shakerag to chime in, but I seriously doubt he'll say anything that'll change my mind.  (Also, for the record, that case he found had my syringes for the double vote power.)
Okay, I'm back amongst the living. 

What I found from inspecting IronyOwl: Found a knife, no maker's marks on it, can't tell how old it is.  Blade and handle seem to come from different knives.  Clean and well cared for.  Also found a small leather case.  Small syringe and three sharp needles inside.  Also has a small corked vial, label torn off, half full of a clear liquid.  Did not smell it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

So he's a killer and probably a blocker too.  Yeah, doesn't change my desire to hang him.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

IronyOwl.

So basically ZU could talk to everyone and IO could do everything?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

So, shorten or wait until tomorrow to see if IO replies?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's made like fifteen posts since last posting here. There's no point in waiting, IMO.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Wow, you weren't exaggerating, lol.

Shorten.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

He's made like fifteen posts since last posting here. There's no point in waiting, IMO.
I concur.  Shorten
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37