Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76587 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 1: WUBA Protocol MAFIA
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »

PFP

Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »

Thats funny, outsider isn't on the list of alignments.

Hmm... also unless the payoffs get significantly better, you're going to have a hard time reaching your wincon.

Extend
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »

PFP

Thats funny, outsider isn't on the list of alignments.

Hmm... also unless the payoffs get significantly better, you're going to have a hard time reaching your wincon.

Extend
If I'm reading right he's bastard, so it actually makes sense, in a roundabout sort of way.

Votecount?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2012, 07:52:05 pm »

No time for a proper post, but extend. What's an Outsider again, just someone whose wincon isn't directly related to the other players?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

Outsider == nonstandard wincon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »

Finally off! Will try to catch up to the day's events now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »

So it's tied up 4-4 Shake-ZU? Do I have that right?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:14 pm »

Web, please answer this and give me a little time before day end.

Does Deathsword's asking for replacement remove his vote?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2012, 09:08:27 pm »

...wait. It doesn't matter, does it?

If DS's vote does count, then the only way I can change the vote is by moving my vote off Shake. It's 4-4 now, I can't bring anyone else up high enough.

If DS's vote doesn't count, then the votecount is 4-3 ZU-Shake, and I can't do anything to stop the ZU lynch.

Damnit. Sorry, ZU.

(I'd still like to confirm that I got the votecount right, though)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2012, 09:17:00 pm »

NOOOO
Please lynch Toaster tomorrow.

Brief case:
Further, I notice you didn't respond to any of the answers to your starter RVS post.
This is a scumtell which hasn't really been publicized and it doesn't happen very often. Other notable instances of this scumtell happening are by Think0028 in Super V and me in BM26(?).
Its a scumtell because it shows that Toaster doesn't really have anything to say and is padding his posts.

Dariush:
It was a reaction test.  You didn't do well.

Irony:  Please restate your whole cases against ZombieU and Shakerag.
I've already mentioned the first part is total BS. Also Toaster pulled the same thing in Cybrid IV after becoming cybridized.
The second part is also an example of post padding.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »

No I don't think those are the reasons people are voting you.

The terseman terseth.

I do love how you deny something and fail to elaborate on your denial.

Toaster

What the.

So your sudden case on Toaster is meta tells.

Further, I take it you believe Shakerag's claim since you so suddenly decided to change your vote.

Shakerag, why claim?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »

You really think Hapah is voting Shakerag because he wants to be beat in the head with a shovel?

I'm going to go along with Shakerag's claim right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2012, 10:57:47 pm »

Day Extended to Wednesday.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2012, 12:52:39 am »

Interesting. I think I believe Shakerag, though his claim and playstyle have both made it pretty clear that he's a liability regardless.

Toaster:
Shakerag's Hapah thing irked something in my gut; it just felt off, like I've said. Literally speaking it could have just been baseless pressure, which seems in vogue in this game, but something about the way he did it seemed a lot less innocent.

In addition, his other contributions suck. He started by pestering Dariush using baseless pressure as well, then spent some time riding his vote on a player who'd admitted he was doing badly, which he also returned to when his Hapah maneuver didn't work. I didn't have any particular feelings about his Dariush shenanigans at the time, but his Deathsword stuff seemed lazy and unproductive.

ZU's felt dodgy in general. Some of that might just be that a lot of his conversations are pointless and long, but it feels like he's had several areas where he just hasn't been answering straight.

More specifically, he's been talking about RVS questions and what makes them good all game, then replies to a question about good non-RVS questions with "they're different." That feels like he's trying to weasel out of admitting that he's not asking good ones, or that he doesn't actually know (or possibly care), which implies... what, exactly? That his whole case on Shak is an excuse for some ulterior goal?

He also skipped over Jim's rather important question, despite answering something decidedly not important from him in that very same post. Don't like that either.

Neither of these include material they provided after my last post, though there's a lot of reinforcement (Shak not town, ZU making wild baseless accusations) in there.

Dariush:
I consider what Tolyk did scummy because he was pretty vocal that everything he said was 'just a guess', but then he directly and strongly contradicted his own words.
Where did he "directly and strongly" say the opposite of "it's just a guess?"

Accusation of being a lynch candidate. It is scummy for exactly the same reason describing someone as scum, but not voting them (or addressing them, for that matter) is.
I don't get it. How is asserting that someone's likely to get themselves lynched but not doing anything about it equivalent to stating that someone's probably scum and doing the same? What are they supposed to do about it?

zombie urist:
This feels like a huge dodge. You say you were asking good questions, and get into a detailed argument about just what good questions are. Then you're asked about now, and you respond with "they're different."
Different how. Especially for someone who makes such a massive, stark distinction between RVS and scumhunting, going into detail about what makes a good RVS question work and then brushing off scumhunting as "different" strikes me as very suspicious.
My distinction between RVS and scumhunting is that the main purpose of RVS is to provoke discussion and scumhunting is to actively find scum. It's possible that RVS will reveal scum but that is not the main priority. Since these two activities have different purposes, naturally they have different guidelines.
I want you to explain how this answers my question, in nice, loving detail.

You also skipped Jim's rather pertinent questions. I mean, you answered to the "that's obvious" part, but completely skipped over the juicy "if that was his plan why didn't he go through with it?" bit that I wanted to hear about.
Also, what makes you think that was his plan?
He probably gave up his plan because I pointed it out. I think that was his plan because its a simple way to get a mislynch.
This makes mild amounts of sense if you already knew he was scum, though even then, I'd like to know why being a simple way to accomplish scumgoals makes you certain that was a given scum's goal.

More importantly though, I'd like to know how you knew his alignment well enough to surmise that "doing Plan X would be a simple way to mislynch someone" translated to "thus he was trying to do Plan X."

NOOOO
Please lynch Toaster tomorrow.

Brief case:
Further, I notice you didn't respond to any of the answers to your starter RVS post.
This is a scumtell which hasn't really been publicized and it doesn't happen very often. Other notable instances of this scumtell happening are by Think0028 in Super V and me in BM26(?).
Its a scumtell because it shows that Toaster doesn't really have anything to say and is padding his posts.

Dariush:
It was a reaction test.  You didn't do well.

I've already mentioned the first part is total BS. Also Toaster pulled the same thing in Cybrid IV after becoming cybridized.
The second part is also an example of post padding.
What the

So your sudden case on Toaster is that he's been padding his posts twice and a reaction test that's bullshit for reasons you can't be bothered to explain?

What makes you say either of those are padding? Why is Toaster's "reaction test" BS? And most importantly, why is this the first we've heard of any of this other than you calling the reaction stuff BS with no explanation, elaboration, or action of any kind?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

Extend.

Catching up will take a while, power failure for most of the past 1 day.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40