Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76683 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 1: WUBA Protocol MAFIA
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »

PFP

Extend. Day ends ~27 hours and I don't feel we're done with D1.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:51 pm »

Outstanding activity, everyone! (That's sarcasm. We need more posts.) Spoiler because quote pyramids are the enemy.

Spoiler: ZU (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Toaster
Any question I ask is purposed to find scum.  They're inexorably linked in my mind.
So you never ask questions out of idle curiosity?

Quote from: Jim
Think0028, you asked only two people questions. Why are you not hunting scum?
Are two questions always worse than three? How many of your own questions would you consider relevant?

Quote from: Shake
Hapah: Why aren't you voting anyone either?
Because it's one of my flaws. And Toaster's odd question got me off balance a bit, as well.

Dariush:  Is quicktopic working for you?
Dunno, haven't checked it in ages.
Then how are you going to know what your scumbuddies are saying?
What do you hope to gain from this, Shake? The one-off question I can understand, but why the followup? Are you hoping he'll say "Yup!" ? What do you gain from the inevitable deflection?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »

kYes because they meet the 2 requirements I stated. From Jim I learned some stuff on how he thinks about Unpredictable Bullshit, from Hapah something about Brothers and Allies™ and I forgot DS participated in BYOC, lol.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

Show and tell time, friend. Tell us what you learned.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »

Shakerag:
Jim:  Do you feel you have received sufficient amounts of unpredictable bullshit so far?

This is rolefishing, is it not?

Preach it.  Also, if you could be granted immunity from the actions of one player for the rest of the game right now, who would it be and why?

Ooo.  Interesting question.  The obvious answer is "scum," but I can't be sure enough to slap that label on anyone yet.  That said, probably someone who is trigger happy and untrusting or is likely to see me as a threat.  The names that come to mind are Dariush and Jim.

Book:
Toaster: are you a miller? if you had a power like a paranormal stun bomb (which prevents most night actions), when would you use it?

Nope.  Early- the one time I did have a power similar to that, I sat on it and died N1.  Used right, it denies the scum their night and gives the town another day.

Hapah:
Quote from: Toaster
Any question I ask is purposed to find scum.  They're inexorably linked in my mind.
So you never ask questions out of idle curiosity?

Well, almost never, but it should be obvious which ones those are because they're typically thrown in spoilers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 11:11:45 pm »

Bluh, all these posts. 2 more days.

PFP state.

Extend; Votecount?

DS
Anyway, it had a question to Tiruin, that I shall place here: Why are you answering some questions that weren't asked to you?
Answering? Please tell me how I am answering other's questions which are directed at those people?

I'm inquiring based on the questions others ask. Conversation comes from inquiry.

Also.
Deathsword: if you suspected the most voted player to be a jester, would you try to dissuade others from voting him? how?
Book: I would state my suspicion that the player was a jester, and try to point out evidence for that, such as not really trying to defend themselves.
So how would you discern a jester from a flailing newbie, or flailing scum. Or just someone who is confused on defending himself?

In short: I'm adding to Book's question. How do you diffrentiate a jester from someone who is panicking?

ZU
kYes because they meet the 2 requirements I stated. From Jim I learned some stuff on how he thinks about Unpredictable Bullshit, from Hapah something about Brothers and Allies™ and I forgot DS participated in BYOC, lol.
Lol indeed.

So...deriving from those questions, how does it link to scumhunting? From where I see it, all you got was opinions and you are claiming they're important.

Toaster: So it seems that you're basing your vote on how players respond. Why haven't you voted someone at the current moment? Still, seeing your case on me: Confusion == or =/= scummy, how?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31:46 pm »

EBWOP:

[...]unvote
Y?

And if your post vanished, could you re-post what you intended? One question given and answered, who are your top scumpicks for now?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:31 pm »

I'm going to revise my definition to also include provoking thoughtful discussion.

But I already did that.

So...deriving from those questions, how does it link to scumhunting? From where I see it, all you got was opinions and you are claiming they're important.
In honesty, not much. I belive RVS is mainly to get discussion started. Also please show where I claimed they're important. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 11:55:26 pm »

ZU.
In honesty, not much. I belive RVS is mainly to get discussion started. Also please show where I claimed they're important. 

^

I was under the impression that you saw your own findings as important, and concluded thus. So...are you going to be vague like the scum you are or are you going to stop evading and answer straight?

Asking questions for their own sake of knowing stuff such as "What made you decide to join another game with unpredictable bullshit?"

Or a possibility such as: "Brother vs Ally play"

And an opinion on preparedness from the newer players [which, IMO, doesn't give anything but a response which you didn't build upon.] "How well do you think Beginner's mafia prepared you for this game?"

All you've done today is...active lurk. Answer vaguely, and add a pinch of condescension on top.
Spoiler: Pinch? Wuh? (click to show/hide)

Oh, and you haven't pursued anyone else by continuing a conversation with anyone. Your vote is on Jim because...? You aren't asking anyone because...?

Nice work with those good questions, btw.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2012, 12:00:39 am »

But I already did that.
Did you? I believe you said that you learned, sure, but not what you learned. So, what did you learn?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2012, 12:14:21 am »

I was under the impression that you saw your own findings as important, and concluded thus. So...are you going to be vague like the scum you are or are you going to stop evading and answer straight?
Asking questions for their own sake of knowing stuff such as "What made you decide to join another game with unpredictable bullshit?"
Or a possibility such as: "Brother vs Ally play"
And an opinion on preparedness from the newer players [which, IMO, doesn't give anything but a response which you didn't build upon.] "How well do you think Beginner's mafia prepared you for this game?"
All you've done today is...active lurk. Answer vaguely, and add a pinch of condescension on top.
Oh, and you haven't pursued anyone else by continuing a conversation with anyone. Your vote is on Jim because...? You aren't asking anyone because...?
Nice work with those good questions, btw.
How am I being vague? Shakerag's question was bad and I do my best to point out bad things. I don't really see the need to continue on RVS because it probably won't advance the game more. Vote's on Jim because it carried from RVS. However, unvote. RVS is over, so now I'm focusing on scumhunting.

Hapah:

Shakerag mostly for his bad questions.

As for Shakerag I feel like(In my opinion) that mass claiming earlier does a better deal then late. Now I believe that because when people claim what they have done in the night, that it becomes a puzzle of figuring out who is lying, and I feel like that can be a reliable way of finding scum. Now, that isn't saying you can claim what you've done during the night as well.
So does that mean you'd like to call for a D1 massclaim?  Or a D2 massclaim?  Also, why aren't you voting anyone?
Although I don't agree with penngo's statement, this is a strawman of what he is saying. Also answer my question.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2012, 12:14:29 am »

Tiruin:
Toaster: So it seems that you're basing your vote on how players respond. Why haven't you voted someone at the current moment? Still, seeing your case on me: Confusion == or =/= scummy, how?

Right.  Because I don't have a current focus target.

In that specific case, not scummy.  If my accusation here had been accurate (or possibly even just correct in alignment but not in specifics), you would have known what I was talking about, leading to a response of denial, panic, or backpedaling.  Confusion indicated you didn't understand the attack, meaning a frame of mind that didn't fit the accusation.  Ergo, you are almost certainly not paranoid, which means there's nothing more to go on down that road.

Irony has been active elsewhere but not bothered to give us a first post here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:15 am »

ZU: Yes, you said you learned something about me and Jim by our responses. What did you learn? Spell it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:36 am »

-snip-
How am I being vague? Shakerag's question was bad and I do my best to point out bad things. I don't really see the need to continue on RVS because it probably won't advance the game more. Vote's on Jim because it carried from RVS. However, unvote. RVS is over, so now I'm focusing on scumhunting.
Wut.

So you only get serious when you're being called out on it? No reason to continue RVS? You only scumhunt now?!

Look. The RVS is a term pertaining to the vote. Questions asked there are most of the foundation of a conversation. Your scumhunting starts there. Random Vote Stage. You voted Jim for the sake of going into RVS? And you had a hell lot of posts to ensure that conversation would commence, but you didn't.

How are you even scumhunting? You leave declarative statements and no way for your target to answer?

How quaint.

As for Shakerag I feel like(In my opinion) that mass claiming earlier does a better deal then late. Now I believe that because when people claim what they have done in the night, that it becomes a puzzle of figuring out who is lying, and I feel like that can be a reliable way of finding scum. Now, that isn't saying you can claim what you've done during the night as well.
So does that mean you'd like to call for a D1 massclaim?  Or a D2 massclaim?  Also, why aren't you voting anyone?
Although I don't agree with penngo's statement, this is a strawman of what he is saying. Also answer my question.
How is this strawmanning? Why are you pressing others to 'answer your question' when you can't even answer theirs? Ie, Hapah. Me.

Just stating that 'you've answered questions' in a post, followed by us asking for it means that we aren't satisfied with that answer. Stop. Evading.

Besides, you throw a prod at Shakerag...who hasn't even posted after your question. Tell me, what does Shakerag's Hapah over penngo have to do with your concern?

Panic moar, scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2012, 01:02:46 am »

You call that post radical?  I call it lazy.

When Socrates annoyed the fuck out of the Athenian assembly so much that they ordered him to drink hemlock, was that lazy?

When Galileo gave the Pope the bird because he didn't want his research squelched because of dogma, was that lazy?

When Martin Luther pinned his ninety-five theses to the forehead of a Catholic priest, was that lazy?

When Isaac Newton invented gravity by making an apple fall from a tree, was that lazy?

When Michael Faraday made a book out of a candle, was that lazy?

When Nicola Tesla made a death ray and destroyed a huge chunk of Siberia for no good reason, was that lazy?

When Robert Oppenheimer quoted the Bhagavad Gita when he blew up Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was that lazy?

Fuck no, those were all fucking radical, and the shit I'm bringing down on the RVS is just as fucking radical as all of these 100% accurate historical examples.

Jim, do you imply that participating in RVS while knowing your wincon is somehow more productive than doing the same without knowing it?

Knowing your win condition is automatically more productive than not, so yes, by default.

Was this question relevant at all?

Sure, if you'll do my dynamics homework. Are you any good with forced harmonic motion?

Is that the one with the non-homogeneous ordinary differential equation? Then yes.

Why go after the person who has asked two as opposed to the person or persons (like me) who have asked even fewer?

Everyone is equally guilty of not ending the RVS.

But I can only vote one player.

Jim
IronyOwl, what useless RVS questions are you going to ask and to whom, and why them?
First, on what can you define a useless RVS question, and why say it to someone who hasn't even asked anything?

Second, why so interested in knowing the reasons behind a useless question?

The only useful questions in the RVS are questions that lead out of the RVS. And I can't well ask IronyOwl what questions he's going to ask if he's already asked them, now can I?

The questions themselves are irrelevant. I'm interested in the choice of players he asks.

Jim:  Do you feel you have received sufficient amounts of unpredictable bullshit so far?

No.

Are two questions always worse than three? How many of your own questions would you consider relevant?

Too few questions are always worse than too many. On the one hand, you have Bookthras. On the other, you have Org. I will leave it to you to provide the direction of the inequality between those two players.

I'd argue about 75% are relevant, since sometimes I really hate my fucking homework and want to let everyone know about it, and sometimes I try to be funny and I like to believe I succeed occasionally.

Because it's one of my flaws. And Toaster's odd question got me off balance a bit, as well.

Oh, really?

The RVS is useless, so nobody has anything to fear, yet you're off balance a bit, huh?

There's a term for what you are: nervous scum.

Shakerag mostly for his bad questions.

Nice timing.

I am certain that this was in no way, absolutely unequivocally, related to Tiruin voting you for being scum, and thus you reacting to it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40