Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76645 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 2: Toaster Downed.
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2012, 01:58:29 pm »

PFP tolyk yes brachial gland went fr unusable to useable.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »

PFP

Quote from: Book
Penngo will probably be modkilled by end of day anyway. He has done absolutely nothing since his shorten, and wuba already had put him on notice on the day start post.
I hadn't considered that. I wonder if it'd happen before day end or with the lynch?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

PFP

Penngo will probably be modkilled by end of day anyway. He has done absolutely nothing since his shorten, and wuba already had put him on notice on the day start post.
I hadn't considered that. I wonder if it'd happen before day end or with the lynch?

There's a way to find out.

WUBADUB, when will judicious modkills be given out for inactivity?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »

To all, I am not going to explain the shorten, and I might as well say extend now. Also don't even bother asking me questions about it, they are just going to get ignored.

Hapah
pengo009 - I don't like the "joke" jab at IO, and I don't like that his suspicion post was "The hell is this shit ZU -_______-". There weren't any real suspicions or reasons in there, which struck me as a little odd. Leaning scum.
Looks like this godawful reasoning is what has gotten me voted by many...... I guess its fair to say that your reasoning for voting me is about as good as my reasoning(Or suspicion post)  for voting Zombie Urist. So why are you to count my reasoning as invalid when your reasoning is just as invalid.

Dariush
you just jumped on what Hapah said, so I'm just going to ignore you.

Jim

Well... Never knew being gone would end up THIS bad for me. I guess trips are just too op. Lets shorten.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the game, but I've paid enough attention to know that if you're not going to bother to try to give an explanation for why there was no kill given Hapah's claim, then suit yourself, I'll see you out of this game posthaste.

penngo009.
Wait wait wait.... What?
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2012, 03:52:32 pm »

Wait wait wait.... What?

Read the thread.

Hapah claims he delayed you. There was also no kill.

It's a logical assumption that you were performing the kill when you were delayed by Hapah. Ergo, you are scum.

What's your answer to that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2012, 04:25:15 pm »

How do you know that Hapah just didn't lie? In fact Hapah, I would like a role claim from you now.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

He lied?

Not even, my action was delayed, but I don't have a kill?

Not even, I don't have an action, so I'm not aware I was delayed at all?

Not even a shitty attempt at an explanation?

Just, he lied?

I've got no qualms hanging you now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2012, 04:37:47 pm »

PFP

In fact Hapah, I would like a role claim from you now.
And I'd like the lottery numbers, to lose about 50 pounds, and a unicorn named Buttercup that feasts on the souls of my enemies. But we don't always get what we want.

First things first, Penngo: Can you confirm or deny that you were delayed?

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »

I didn't preform an action since I was on my trip.

Steam name- Pengoooo

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2012, 05:46:38 pm »

Thank you. Wasn't so hard, was it?

Wuba: If someone is delayed and performs no action, are they notified in any way?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »

penngo: You're getting yourself lynched and being useless while doing it. This is not very helpful to your faction.

To all, I am not going to explain the shorten, and I might as well say extend now. Also don't even bother asking me questions about it, they are just going to get ignored.
Flat out refusing to explain things is scummy. If everybody refused to explain why they'd done anything, we couldn't really scumhunt, now could we?

Hapah
pengo009 - I don't like the "joke" jab at IO, and I don't like that his suspicion post was "The hell is this shit ZU -_______-". There weren't any real suspicions or reasons in there, which struck me as a little odd. Leaning scum.
Looks like this godawful reasoning is what has gotten me voted by many...... I guess its fair to say that your reasoning for voting me is about as good as my reasoning(Or suspicion post)  for voting Zombie Urist. So why are you to count my reasoning as invalid when your reasoning is just as invalid.
Calling something invalid without explaining why is scummy. Reasons are everything. If nobody bothered with reasons, it'd basically just be a shouting match of "NO U."

Trying to bring someone down to your level is also scummy, at least when you don't have good reasons for it. It makes it look like you're trying to cover up being terrible by deflecting it onto someone else. If you explain why it could work, but even then it looks like you're trying to admit to something while shifting the blame to your target.

Dariush
you just jumped on what Hapah said, so I'm just going to ignore you.
Ignoring other players is scummy. If their arguments are terrible, you should be able to respond to or specifically point out that they're not worth answering on a case by case basis. Stating that you're going to ignore a player sounds like they're onto something and you really don't want to let them find you out. Very similar to ignoring specific lines of questioning, as above.

You should also probably be curious about why someone's questions or arguments or whatever are terrible. Do you think Dariush is misguided town? Obviously if you're going to ignore him you're not very interested in finding out.

Jim[/b]
Well... Never knew being gone would end up THIS bad for me. I guess trips are just too op. Lets shorten.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the game, but I've paid enough attention to know that if you're not going to bother to try to give an explanation for why there was no kill given Hapah's claim, then suit yourself, I'll see you out of this game posthaste.

penngo009.
Wait wait wait.... What?
Responding with vague incredulity and confusion to a clear argument is scummy. Similar to explaining things above, if something doesn't make sense you need to explain why. Only very rarely is "Huh?" or similar a sufficient response to move the conversation along.

How do you know that Hapah just didn't lie?
As others have pointed out, responding with vague hypotheticals is scummy. For starters, we don't have any reason to think Hapah was lying, so responding with "Well, what if...?" sounds like you've been caught and are trying to find a reason why it's physically possible that you're innocent.

Secondly, you're refusing to provide any actual information, as others have also pointed out, which is scummy for reasons similar to refusing to answer questions. Even if you're not guilty, there's no good reason to not bother explaining whether you were delayed, or if you know you were delayed, or if you didn't action last night, or any of a number of things that would be more informative than "Well, Hapah's a person, and people can lie, therefore these are baseless accusations!"

In fact Hapah, I would like a role claim from you now.
Making demands of your attacker as though you're suspicious of him right after he calls you out on something is scummy. Once again, it looks like you're on the defensive, and trying to turn the tables on someone who's found you out. Imagine a blustering nobleman who's just been caught, ranting about how this is preposterous and he doesn't have to stand for this and he bets his accuser was the one who did it! And you'll pretty much see the problem.

Beyond that, demanding a roleclaim is scummy. There's no good reason for it outside of a few specific situations, and neither "It's physically possible that he's lying" or "I don't like that he's attacking me" count. You've even admitted that you don't know if he delayed you or not, so what could a roleclaim out of him accomplish? Nothing, that's what, other than letting scum know how soon they should NK him.

Ninja'd by a response, at least, but it's still extremely problematic. Also this was longer than I thought. I advise you read it all anyway, penngo.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Night 1: Containment Leak, I Guess
« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2012, 08:08:13 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
IronyOwl -
penngo009 - Jim Groovester, Dariush,
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Tiruin -
Dariush - Bookthras, IronyOwl,
TolyK -
Jim Groovester -
zombie urist - Tiruin,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, penngo009, zombie urist, Hapah,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »

Penngo, that was utterly awful. I liked you better when you were silent. Punching you in the face is a moral imperative, and I will be much surprised if you manage not to die. I commend Irony's patience, as I cannot bring myself to detail just how broken your thought process is (but as token: your failing to act N1 could explain the lack of a kill just as your being delayed would (it'd imply lack of coordination on scumchat, but had your buddy posted your action for you, you'd still have been delayed)).

...however, all that series of a dozen scummy things Irony pointed out, while true, strike me as too scummy to be true. I try to read behind the words, and it seems more incompetence and mental disability than a noobscum managing to be that scummy in a handful of posts. I'm conflicted.

To make matters worse, rereading a bit I noticed something for which I failed to connect the dots earlier. WUBA: if Deathsword before being modkilled managed to use this power:
(1-Shot, Day) Homestuck [target/self]: Target cannot be lynched or killed during this Day Phase.
... had the target been lynched with a majority vote, would the message at day end be "Player has been lynched! Player has come back to life!"? Or would it be a more direct reflection of the "cannot be lynched or killed" wording of the power? (say "no one has been lynched" or similar)

[still wuba] In other words: did Zombie actually die and revive? If the target of the Homestuck day power was lynched, would the day end message be he died and revived, or that the lynch failed/he couldn't be killed, as the wording of the power says?

...needless to say, there may be complications here.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2012, 12:14:03 am »

I was going to make a post here, but IO got the meat of it. I will put in something he didn't cover, though.

If you're going on a trip, or going to be unable to play for a length of time, tell us. I can't find any post where you said you'd be gone. If it's something planned, like a family vacation or whatever, great, just let us know. If it's something personal, or something serious and you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. Just say it's personal and leave it at that, like Tolyk did.

Basically, don't keep us in the dark on things like that. If you're town it makes you look scummy, and if you're scum it makes you look scummy. Try to avoid it!

PPE:

Book: I think that's a bit harsh, unless you're trying to piss the poor bastard off.

Stuff on ZU lynch/Deathsword powers.
The question is largely academic at this point, isn't it? If Wuba says that DS's ability would stop ZU from being lynched, alright, it obviously wasn't used. If it was used on ZU and would provide the text that we saw, so what? ZU has claimed that he'll die at the end of D2. If he doesn't (because DS's ability protected him), he'll be an easy vigi kill (if any) N2 or lynch D3. He's a doomed man no matter how you look at it; I can't find an angle where ZU lying about his res makes sense. Do you see something I don't?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2012, 01:05:38 am »

Hmm...

I'll throw a vote down for Dariush since he is scummier IMO and will give us more information.

I really really don't like how quickly Dariush threw out a vote on Penngo at day start.

I've briefly looked through DS posts and found no evidence of bussing, but my play right now is not optimal.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40