Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You Are Bolo: A Suggestion Game  (Read 7328 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Bolo: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »

Defend self. If vocorders or somesuch are available, use them to apologize in case of misunderstanding.
Deadly force, or purely passive?
No more than is needed to get them to stop attacking me. Of course, we're a tank the size of a building, do we even have a nonlethal option?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 11:59:00 pm »

Defend self. If vocorders or somesuch are available, use them to apologize in case of misunderstanding.
No!! Don't shoot! Deploy battle screen and take cover until the humans come to their senses.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:55 am »

@ GWG: You mean aside from simply ignoring/defending against them? No. Bolos are weapons of war, designed to besiege entire continents or defend entire planets if needed. They are not designed for police work :P

@ GUN: Great is taller than any of the nearby buildings. Where exactly would you take cover?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 12:17:33 am »

Great is taller than any of the nearby buildings. Where exactly would you take cover?
I'm assuming that the anti-tank weapon was protruding from a window or mounted upon a sill, therefore my action would translate into "move out of the line of fire".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:23 am »

You stated that one of the humans was trying to get them to stop, so my intention is to keep ourselves from being too terribly damaged until they realise what they're doing and presumably come to help us. We really could use it right about now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:40 am »

Great is taller than any of the nearby buildings. Where exactly would you take cover?
I'm assuming that the anti-tank weapon was protruding from a window or mounted upon a sill, therefore my action would translate into "move out of the line of fire".
Ah, okay. That makes more sense.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Saving this from page 3. :P

Agree, try to avoid killing humans. Presumably the anti-tank weapon has a limited field of fire or effective range. So attempt to get out of one or the other. Keep asking for cease fire too.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42:11 am »

Sorry for the update-less day, had some writer's block. You know how it is :P

Just letting everyone know this is not dead or abandoned yet.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 02:03:47 pm »

is this still going on?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 02:06:15 pm »

Author said it's not abandoned...No updates for almost a week...Probably not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 02:44:40 pm »

Blame school and XCOM for distracting me :P

T+ 000:55:31:999

Your Battle Computer is designed to take down threats, but it's easy enough to override in case of friendly fire or other misunderstandings. It's entirely possible that this is one of those times. You raise your battlescreen anyway, and begin moving around to another side of the building, hopefully out of range of the cannon.

As you drive around, very carefully keeping your operational guns from pointing at the weapon platform, you watch the humans through your optical heads. They seem to be having an argument of some sort, the gun crew pointing at your bulk while the third human shakes his/her head and points back in the direction he/she came from (2). You decide to test your auditory sensors, and are surprised by how well they function (6).

Gun Crew 1 (M): Lookit the weapons on that thing! Ain't no way the General has anything like that in 'is arsenal! It's gotta be the Rats!
Gun Crew 2 (F): Yeah, what he said! C'mon, let's blast it before it moves any further!
Human 3 (F): The Commander said to hold fire, quarter-wits! It's hailing us, it is!
Gun Crew 1: Commander can go gak himself, he can! We stop shootin, it'll kill us and go get backup!

The man who last spoke lunges for the gun controls and takes aim, while the second crew member wrestles with the messenger. Another half a second and you'll be out of his line of fire, but there's a roughly 64.767% chance he'll get another shot off before he does.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 02:50:28 pm »

Sweet, I was wrong.

Try to destroy the weapon without harming the humans if it can be done with no more than a 20% chance of harming the humans. Otherwise, wait. No need to prove the angry nut right.
Sig

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »

Wooho I like this one. I find it relaxing to participate in somehow compared to say the excelent Roll to Migrate i'm playing in that has me worried about gory annihilation every single turn. :D Being a self repairing giant battle tank takes some of the pressure off.

Loudhailer: Stop shooting at me! Hey human, you have it backwards, if you keep shooting I may have to kill you. But I don't want to. I could have dropped your entire building on your head a split second after your first round hit.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17:04 pm »

Destroy the weapon. no matter the cost, but try your best to prevent hum casualties.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2012, 02:12:41 am »

*subroutine activated*
*analyzing situation... ... ...*
*tactical recommendation: destroy stationary emplacement with single, targeted shot. broadcast audio and radio warning that further attacks constitute treason against the Concordiat.*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5