Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird clown I encountered (Spoilerfest)  (Read 1086 times)

Kirdus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird clown I encountered (Spoilerfest)
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Ok so this guy attack and killed me yesterday and it struck me as pretty bizarre:

Firstly, I didn't know demons were ever born, there's no mention of it on the wiki. Also, this took place on a world that has no fort so there's no connection to hell. I know those special demons still manage to escape somehow but this guy seems different to them.

I don't think it had a name until it killed me, either.

Anyway, some back story. My adventurer is a legendary fighter, swordsdwarf and master dodger. I was attacking a necromancer tower when one of the zombies got a lucky hit and broke my foot. I tried fleeing but they followed me for a bit. Then, out of nowhere, this demon shows up and tears all the zombies to shreds. Once she finished with that, she killed me. The necro tower was a days journey from any civilization. Has anyone encountered anything like this before. The only mod I have is DFhack but I haven't used it for anything in that world so I don't know what it would do.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Weird clown I encountered (Spoilerfest)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

Clearly necromancers summon the demon poorly, It murder them for trying to bind it.
Walk out and thought you were a necromancer and killed you by accident.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:46 am »

Maybe it's a mod or a duped raw?

or I guess it was somehow teleported from hell when you were somewhere near the necromancer tower. Most likely due to an awesome bug.
It proceeded to killing zombies and necros - they were clearly killed in play in the loaded area, because there's no worldgen death from colliding with an obstacle, I'm sure.
Also, it never started roaming anything, it just appeared in the tower and klled them all in one month.

The demon was born because it was a regular one - a part of hell's population of demons, which keep reproducing like normal animals.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:48:42 am by nanomage »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:39:54 am »

It seems that some bug teleported the demon from hell.

Now we have to find how to reproduce and weaponice this.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:03:44 am »

This is definately cooh.

Ill get a clown visiting a camp (and raising its occupants) in rough 1/3 worlds I gen.  And more if I raise the genned demons.
Lazy me, I have yet to visit them, mostly because I'm not sure where thery are...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »

Have you tried going back to the tower, and if you already have was the demon still there?

If she's still around there, I would try to lead her into a civ site. This is a rare opportunity; WE MUST PERFORM !!SCIENCE!!
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

Kirdus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »

I save scummed and wandered round the region for a bit, resting and waiting but she hasn't reappeared. I still have the save from before this happened so I could keep trying but I don't think I'm gonna find anything.