Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Best Embark Ever  (Read 4095 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Best Embark Ever
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 02:34:59 pm »

Sadron is pulling your leg, methinks.

Awesome embark... though I think Toady could do some work on the starting points of major rivers. :P
Possibly :P

Dam it all, make your fortress inside the rivers. Wait for it to rain.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:42:38 pm by Loud Whispers »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »

He was using a mod.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »

Same thing. Can't happen in vanilla.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:36 pm »

He was using a mod.

Yes I am using a mod

Yes it can, have you never seen a river start. This was pure coincidence that it started right there at the same place the other started.
 the mod I use does not mess with river formation and generation.

Here is the embark site:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:35:35 pm by Hurize »
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

Sorry to be noob, but why is this embark so special, as in why do you want 2 rivers? :/
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 03:45:34 pm »

Sorry to be noob, but why is this embark so special, as in why do you want 2 rivers? :/

Except for the fact I am Designing a high pressure water room that is created from 2 flowing river with unlimited water?
It will rip the goblins into small giblets soon as the high velocity water hits them.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 03:49:15 pm »

He was using a mod.

Yes I am using a mod

Yes it can, have you never seen a river start. This was pure coincidence that it started right there at the same place the other started.
 the mod I use does not mess with river formation and generation.
Lol, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Sadron's beer rain. No need to get defensive. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

Your rivers will stay half dry or dry out completely. Their starting points are bugged, and river sources are too few and too isolated to provide enough water to fill a major river. I had once a major river start on embark map, and water never rose over 4/7 in it. All fish died, but dwarves were able to walk in and collect it at least.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 03:57:42 pm »

Okay, Decide to start somewhere else in my world, And I found another major river starting place.
Whoa, what?

Wow okay
Wait, Something doesn't look right here....

Hovering water pools!

This world is amazing.

Edit:

SO MANY ANIMALS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:06:20 pm by Hurize »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 05:26:19 pm »

It looks pretty. But I generally avoid rivers like the plague, after reading that they're a significant drain on FPS.

If I were to embark there, though, I'd be tempted to try a sort of "pole village".
Rivers don't seem to lower FPS for me unless there's a waterfall.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

You def have something effy going on with your mods if there are floating murky pools.

My best embark was an volcano with marble, coal and loads of magnetite, some black sand and a little river on the end. Moderate amount of trees and vegetation. One edge of the screen had some joyous wilds and the rest was savage. Basic 3x3 embark. It had no gypsum but you can easily trade for that.  It said it had 3 diffrent enviroments but two where about to same. I had changed a bit in the map generator when I got it but nothing drastic, most of the changes where related to adding more biomes that were evil and good since I rarely got the embarks I wanted on those (still havent seen a skeletal giant scorpion..)
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »

It has nothing to do with mods, I've had murky pools emptying into volcanoes in vanilla.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:54 pm »

If you sealed off several pump operators completely along the water, and made them pump screw pumps continuously, could you super flood the world?

Or, something similair with water wheels? Water source blocks are an infinite water source, right?

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:33 am »

Giant sponge :(

It CAN actually rain beer ?

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:30 pm »

If you sealed off several pump operators completely along the water, and made them pump screw pumps continuously, could you super flood the world?

Or, something similair with water wheels? Water source blocks are an infinite water source, right?

I would assume so
Also, One of the rivers are not draining?
Dafuq?
Pages: 1 [2] 3