Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Twisted Metal - A(n) (At The Moment Unpopular) Scifi Space Suggestion Game  (Read 2278 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

*Drip*
*Lub-dup*
Click-click-click-click

*Lub-dub
*Drip*

*Lub-dub*

You wipe the sweat from your nose before it drips onto the keyboard again. This thing is taking to long. That fall you took on your Tools must have messed them up...

*Lub-dub*
There is a bloodcurdling moment as the light goes out indicating that the process is ongoing before the green light indicating that it is finished lights up. Wasting no time you rip the Tools out of the port and jam it in your thigh pocket, zipping it up. You adjust the wrap around your face that has gotten wet with sweat and wants to hang off of you. You head into the grate you entered from and close it up behind you.

You crawl, hot as hell, listening to the swooshing and whirring noises of machinery. The darkness is calming as it means that you haven't been seen. Eventually you get to the grate you entered from and almost unhinge it, before ou see that there is someone people talking in the room before you.

"... Yeah. I know I don't see anything but that's what the scan says. All coms and cameras down."

A second, huskier voice replies "That kind of crap happens all the time, probably some lower deck scum trying to steal pens and paperweights or something."

"Maybe... Either way you know the drill, and you know who pays our salaries. Anyway..."

Your heartbeat jumps as you hear footsteps and push yourself back. You move around, twisting in a very tight space. You skitter along the hot metal frantically, feeling for a latch. Eventually you find a fork.

Left or right?

Code: [Select]
Inventory:
BodySleeve
Black cloth facewrap
MiniLight: off
Plastiknife
Tools:With Data

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:09:18 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Twisted Machine - Scifi Space Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »

And here is the secondary GM, not sure what all to post. Just PTWing, I guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:06:08 am »

Left.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:26:54 am »

Left. No wait..er..right!! I mean..uh……oh dear…..left? Yes. Definitely left.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:32:42 am »

Without thinking twice you head to the left. The only noise, your heartbeat in your ears, and the quiet rasp of fabric moving through thick dust. All of your muscles feel tense as you scuttle like an insect along the small shaft until you finally see dull light. The light is a soft blue, filtering in from a grate just big enough for you to fit through. You can't see much on the outside of it from this angle but a potted plant and the corner of a poorly lit room. The hatch comes loose and opens up with a quiet hiss.

"Erund and Kim Accounting" a screensaver says on a small monitor. It sit's at a desk next to a fire extinguisher fastened to the wall. The light seems to be given off by a soda machine near the grate and reflected off of the pale ceiling panels. There is a window Looking out onto the street a number of levels down, you can see security cars parked outside and a drone floating about, you duck under a desk, your adrenaline spiking, as it passes close by a window. As you look for exits, you see a door accompanied by a window, leading into a cramped carpeted hallway. You sprint to the door and try to open it, fussing with the handle. The door won't even think about budging. For a split second you wonder why a door would be locked from the inside and then you remember that drone you saw. It probably manually locked each compartments system's.

Your throat feels dry as you look for an exit, suddenly you feel trapped.

Inventory:
BodySleeve
Black cloth facewrap
Plastiknife

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 01:40:10 am »

Draw the curtains on the window/close the window's blinds/move something in front of the window in order to prevent anything outside from seeing in. Grab the fire extinguisher and bring it over to the computer. Set it down at your feet and then access the computer using your Tools. Attempt to unlock the door to the office from the terminal.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 12:40:55 pm »

Your eyes flash to the window which have no blinds to speak of. You hp around to the side of the desk and try to push it up against the window... to absolutely no avail, the desk has been bolted down. You hop onto the computer and jam your tools into the port.

As the software kicks in you snag the fire extinguisher off of the wall and set it at your feet. As you do so you notice how heavy the bright yellow canister seems.

A password bar flashes onto the cheap screen. The tools get to work. The password generation takes a moment longer than you had hoped. Maybe that fall really did damage your tools.

Good morning Daniel Erund.

A picture of a lake with reeds in it opens up as the screens background. Normally you would scoff at such a silly picture but you are way to preoccupied for that. You set to work.

Office Settings

Opaque Window/Off...
Door/Locked..
Light/Off...
Fan/Off...
Videoscreen/Silenced...

You change the door setting to unlocked.

... Loading ...

I'm sorry this threshold can not be accessed at this time.

VESSEL SECURITY has set this threshold on lockdown. Would you like to contact this party?

Your heart sinks.

Inventory:
BodySleeve
Black cloth facewrap
Plastiknife

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »

Opaque Window: On

Disconnect and use the fire extinguisher to knock the handle off of the door. Stick your hands in there and try to unlock it manually. If that fails, then keep hitting that part of the door until you bust it. Cancel that ("keep hitting that part of the door") if you know someone might hear you.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 01:26:26 pm »

Opaque window/On...

The window all at once becomes the color of frosted glass and then becomes clear again. You grit your teeth for a second worried it didn't work until you remember that opaques are usually one way.

Without wasting a second you grab the fire extinguisher and hop to your feet. As you leap over to the door you raise the heavy steel canister above your head and smash it against the handle. Surprisingly it works like a charm and knocks the handle off and tears a portion of the steel locking mechanism out of the aluminum door. A second swift bash sends the door swinging outward. You drop the extinguisher and run down the hallway toward the portion that isn't an obvious dead end.

The hallway is unremarkable in the sense that it is just a small corridor with a series of carbon copy offices lining it. After about three or four minutes of sprinting you come across an elevator and about forty feet in front of you you can see a fire exit sign sticking out of the all on the left. Perpendicular the elevator is a series of picture windows. You can see more red and blue lights reflecting off of other buildings and walls.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »

Make yourself small and crawl towards the fire exit.
Enter the elevator. Put something in the door to make sure it doesn't close. Go back to the office you trashed if you need to. See if it has an access hatch in the ceiling.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:15:04 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile

Enter the elevator. Check to see if it has a vent you could open on top, while also taking note of how many floors the building has.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:46:51 pm by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Enter the elevator. Check to see if it has a vent you could open on top, while also taking note of how many floors the building has.
Good idea. *action edited*
@ThreadTitle Its rather interesting IMO.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted Metal - A(n) (At The Moment Unpopular) Scifi Space Suggestion Game
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

You push the button signaling for the elevator to come and wait a few moments for a reaction. You know that the drone probably left the elevator functioning so the Vessel Security could navigate the building, but you aren't sure if they are tracking it's use.

With a chime the elevator opens up. You dive inside as you feel your hair tickle at the strange feeling of gravity being negated by a passing drone. You smash the button to close the doors. The elevator quickly replies and brushed steel doors quietly shut around you. You are enveloped in fluorescent light and brushed steel. You note there is a hatch between two dim light panels. It's small, but you think you could manage it. You also notice the floors, in order shown.

SB Deck 3         5
12                    4
11                    3
10                    2
9                      L
8                      B
7                      SB Deck 2

You can feel your heart rate start to drop, and that worries you. When people become calm, they become vulnerable.

Inventory:
BodySleeve
Black cloth facewrap
Plastiknife

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51:39 pm »

Check what floor you're currently on. Climb through the hatch onto the top of the elevator and observe your surroundings.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »

Floor 9 is highlighted with a glowing light behind it.

You reach up and can just barely touch the hatch. You push upward and the hatch, gives stopping after an inch with a loud screech. As you stand, even on the tips of your toes, you can't push it any further so you begin to jump, solidly pushing the hatch each time. Eventually the maintenance hatch is freed from the rust and falls over backward onto the top of the elevator.

You hop up and grab the edge of the now open hatch and pull yourself upward. The shaft is completely dark with small columns of light for each floor peaking out, illuminating dust motes, thick in the air. The now open hatch, however, provides quite a bit of illumination in comparison, allowing you to see a service ladder bolted into the wall. The elevator remains, unshakably between the large magnets keeping it level and that propel it, when necessary, in one direction or the other. Beyond that, however, you can see little else. The chamber is very poorly illuminated.

The dust here is very thick, caking on your BodySleeve in grey patches.

Inventory:
BodySleeve
Black cloth facewrap
Plastiknife
Pages: [1] 2 3