Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found a hidden menacing threat  (Read 1498 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
I found a hidden menacing threat
« on: September 29, 2012, 06:14:11 pm »

Tlastlaylmus jabrarsnus? Gne! Grologumbis nglamaflanga!

Although going to a tomb and raising 200 skeletons may have bugged ambush placement: since the game wants a lot of dudes to fight all the zombies, it places them in a perfect square. But what do I know? Maybe they're Roman Tactics Kobolds in Kobold Battle Formation. Maybe they've totally outclassed my shambling masses of super happy smile buddies. As soon as I took one step, they shot about fifty arrows. It was pretty trippy. Luckily, them chopping zombies in half just means there are now twice as many zombies.

This is my first really successful adventure, actually: I managed to find a vampire (nobody told me they just blink obviously! I wasted so much time asking everybody's name!), drink its blood, waltz into a tower, beat up about ten necromancers and walked off with a mystery slab. Every other time I usually just got lashed to death by an olm man out of nowhere.
My wooden badge was delicious.

KaiserKlay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I found a hidden menacing threat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:25:36 pm »

They're evolving, we must notify the toad at once!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:29:42 pm »

The invasion has begun, you will fall before my elite kobold warriors.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:28 am »

This is my first really successful adventure, actually: I managed to find a vampire (nobody told me they just blink obviously! I wasted so much time asking everybody's name!), drink its blood, waltz into a tower, beat up about ten necromancers and walked off with a mystery slab. Every other time I usually just got lashewalked off with a mystery slabd to death by an olm man out of nowhere.
You don't have to find the heavy stone slab, books can contain the secrets, too. You can usually tell by the titles. In my current world, that would be something like "Immortality exposed", "Did Doom Falter?" or "Oblivion In The Modern Era".
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:51:37 am »

Kill them all, find their home civilization and exterminate the garbage-speaking menance.
Reanimate them and then kill ANOTHER kobold civilization, the world is a better place without them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:55 am »

Kill them all, find their home civilization and exterminate the garbage-speaking menance.
Reanimate them and then kill ANOTHER kobold civilization, the world is a better place without them.
I has to support Corai on this one, kobolds are too cool to be reanimated and kill their own species off. Or die at all actually. :P
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:10:00 am »

I has to support Corai on this one, kobolds are too cool to be reanimated and kill their own species off. Or die at all actually. :P

BURN THE TRAITOR!        a hidden message : o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:06 am »

I killed them all, but it's ok because now they're all my super happy fun buddies! I have over 500 happy buddies now and I got another kobold ambush happening right now. Yay!

Also, one was named "Fungus". I killed him personally.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:32 am »

I killed them all, but it's ok because now they're all my super happy fun buddies! I have over 500 happy buddies now and I got another kobold ambush happening right now. Yay!

Also, one was named "Fungus". I killed him personally.
Poor bastards... killing their own brethren...
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

SEE!  They're helpful little buggers, aren't they!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v