Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21353 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »

Theodor returned the interrogator's stare firmly. The chatter of the communications system should be enough for them to determine what had happened.

"One of our teammates decided to use a grenade to open a hole on a sloped roof and it predictably fell near agent Lindon, screwing him almost completely. He was still alive, but the aliens' grenade finished the job our companion's started. That's the gist of it."

Deliver the answer to the interrogator.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »

(Did you miss my action, Dwarmin?  I wanted to be in the VR exercise.)

((Yes, and fix'd. You're added now))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:27 pm »

"It's just a simulation, right?  Just a simulation."
Try to ignore the shortness of breath by convincing my brain it's not real.  Fire back at the enemy with my rifle using the sides of the boat as cover, until we get close to the beach.
"Anyone that's not a sharpshooter, take cover!  I'm going to try to take out some hostiles to make the landing easier.  Can anyone spot for me?"

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

((Did you get my action?))
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2012, 08:02:22 pm »

Aria squished herself down as best she could, smirking a bit. Mousy medic, eh? Not a bad role, all things considered.

Try to squish down a little more, get ready to dash for cover when we land.

Flashback...

"I suppose," she said lightly to Delorean. She liked him, seemed reliable.

"My apologies then," she said to the other one, trying to keep most of the smirk out of her voice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2012, 07:25:17 am »

((Bluh. Power outage at this time? D:

Also, nice 'assets' GSF. Look at them for all you have now.  :P))

Springfield Rifle. Bolt-Action. Added a scope in replacement of iron sights. Five shots.

...They had women soldiers? Huh, strange when you're in a lighter color...

Ria whispered a few words to herself before nodding, liking the shift of accent into a more western tone. Her vowels seemed to be elongated.

Hmm, this was an interesting experience.

"Alright, everyone. Listen to each other and focus on the voices. We're in a Higgins boat, and when we either reach the shoals or the beachfront, the door will fall leaving all of us vulnerable to open fire. Currently, we're safe behind that sheet of metal."

Oooohhh, English!

"I'd suggest to lob in a grenade over the door as the sounds get louder. The force would probably create a brief shroud of sand that would block enemy fire. Us snipers will be aiming for those probably in gun nests, those at the front should look for any place which gives lower ground.

"Do not move out into the open unless you're under covering fire. If my history serves me right, we have tanks. Stay close to them and use them for cover. If not, then be aware of trenches and bunkers. Most of the defense will focus on keeping us at the beachline - the deathzone.

"I'd ask anyone to hold fire - they may be targeting those of higher importance than...us."

Assess the situation, how far is our boat from the shore, and does our navigator know if there are any sandbars in the way?

Anywhoo, try to take an advanced shot at any enemy soldiers out in the open - priority going to those nearest to our position.

Please don't drop us in the water...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2012, 12:59:30 pm »

Jackson looks away nervously, staring at his shoes. mumbling something about "I did not kill him...."
Explain how the green on green was not my responsibility - if needed, drop the responsible agent in the cacky to cover my own back. Once that is done, have a wander around the base to get a feel for the layout.
Theodor returned the interrogator's stare firmly. The chatter of the communications system should be enough for them to determine what had happened.
"One of our teammates decided to use a grenade to open a hole on a sloped roof and it predictably fell near agent Lindon, screwing him almost completely. He was still alive, but the aliens' grenade finished the job our companion's started. That's the gist of it."
Deliver the answer to the interrogator.

The interrogator seems to record all your words and body movements on a pad, showing little emotion.

"And who exactly threw this grenade?"

Kane all but blurts out it was Jackson.

"That confirms what we knew."

He turns to Jackson, his face turning to stone.

"...if this was any other situation, I'd have you washed out and court martialed for recklessness. You killed one of your teammates-that's not a gold star. It was a pointless waste of life, since you could have inserted any number of ways.

As is, Xcom can't afford to remove you. Yet. You'll spend the next few weeks in firearms safety courses, boning up on the basics.

I'll be your tutor. So if you mess up after I'm done with you, I'll quite literally shoot you myself. Do you understand?"

=====================================================================================

Flashback...

"I suppose," she said lightly to Delorean. She liked him, seemed reliable.

"My apologies then," she said to the other one, trying to keep most of the smirk out of her voice.

He seems to consider you again, in a different light. He turns to face you, and you see his eyes a pleasant shade of gunmetal blue.

That's certainly something you've picked up on-he rarely speaks without thinking it over first. Not to be mistaken for a slow mind-it's calculation.

"You're certainly a woman of few words, Ma'am. Can I ask your name?" He says politely, a small smile playing about.

He must know your name-you doubt this man would miss an obvious bit of intel on who he is gaurding-but he's asking for it all the same. Or to be more precise, permission to use your name.

The other one (mentally, he doesn't really exist in your level of atmosphere) seems to withdraw into his own thoughts. Twisting the ring harder than ever. He seems to get an inkling of something between you and his friend, and gives Delorean an ugly sideways glance.

=====================================================================================
Omaha Beach VR

Ed tries to concentrate on his real self... [3, 6+1=7]

Screw this, he's not that old-and whoever said old was weak? He feels his strength coming back in spades-where before he was an old man, waiting to die...now he feels the strength of a generation of training and experience coming back to him. A veteran now, he must have seen it all. He can take on anything. (+1 to All rolls for the rest of the VR)

Carinthir checks his weapon-looks free of dirt and grit-and prepares to rush. (+1 Dexterity)

Ria tries to read the situation...the shore is getting closer, and so is the volume of fire-not only guns, but artillery too, sending spraying water and sand into the air. She grits her teeth and hunkers down.

Andrew Andrea seems more interested in herself than the mission at hand. She takes a good...long...look. Well, from this perspective it's quite...illuminating. She's sure she is a pretty girl..but do Women really have to carry all this around? All the time?! She feels like somethings going to fly off if she runs too fast...

Still, she can't help but look at the other girls and feel a bit self conscious. They seem prettier to you. Like, oh my God. Life is so hard!

...where did that internal valley girl accent come from?

Feeling confused and slightly turned on by himself, he makes a mental note to follow the others-let someone else go first!  (-1 to all hostile attack rolls)

Lake hunkers down, feeling like a piece of meat tossed onto a grill (-1 to next hostile attack roll)

Alexande prepares to dash for his (virtual) life.  (+1 Dexterity)

Aria hunkers down into the lander, wishing she had some cheese to nibble. (-1 to next hostile attack roll)

Volleys of bullets begin to strike the lander as it beaches itself on shore.

[1d10=1]
[1d8=4]

A whickering blue energy bolt sneers toward Andrew/Andrea...

[1d6-1=2][8]

But the person in front of him (Lake) pulls him down before it can scorch his pretty blonde head. Wait, Blonde?

Ed [6+1] Ed leads the charge, first out of the lander. The bolts of energy fly past him, and he feels no fear. Only when the others have found cover does he do so himself.

Casually, not really hurrying at all. He even has time to plan his teams next move-right up the center left, where a burning crater is giving enough smoke cover to shield their advance.

Damn, this feels good. (Under Cover, cannot be targeted this turn, Can transition to next cover without rolling)

Carinthir [2] barrels out, immediately hitting a patch of something wet and slimy-seaweed-and falling on his face. He's completely open to enemy fire...

Ria [6][5+1] Ria dives for cover, but leans out, preparing to fire... (Under Cover, cannot be targeted this turn)

Andrew[4][6+1=7] Andrea/Andew feels a burst of spidery feminine agility (despite his earlier misgivings, this body feels alot more...dexterous) and scrambles under cover-and he can see a clear line to his next mark too. That's pretty useful information. (Under Cover, cannot be targeted this turn, Can transition to next cover without rolling)

Lake [4][1+1=2] Lake underestimates the weight of the metal tanks on his back-he slides in the surf with a curse, and goes down spread eagle, exposed to enemy fire.

Alexande [1][3+1=4] Alexandre scrambles out of the lander, staying low-he finds cover under some spiky metal contraption. (Under Cover, cannot be targeted this turn)

Aria [6][5+1=6] runs under one of the tank traps quickly, alongside Alexandre-they look like giant metal jacks-and feels momentarily safe. (Under Cover, cannot be targeted this turn)

The team haphazardly returns fire-but at this range, it's more for keeping the enemies heads down than killing them. They're still in their bunkers and nests, tearing the beach apart, trying to kill you.

((Team Ammunition depleted 10%, -1 to all enemy attack rolls this turn.))

[1d10=7] ((Btw, this the amount of enemy attacks in a volley))
[1d8=7, 1, 5, 6, 8, 5, 5, 8] ((and this is the number pertaining to you, with Ed being 1 and Aria being 7. An 8 is just miss))

Aria, Ed and Alexandre feels a spray of plasma burst against their respective covers, slightly melting them-but leaving their bodies unharmed. Woo!

Unfortunately, the Alien gunners see a juicy opportunity. A few bursts of blue energy arc toward an unprotected Lake...

[5-1=4]
[2-1=1]
[6-1=5]

[1, 1]

...he opens his eyes after a second, hesitantly. He's unharmed!

It seems the shots were blocked...by...the explosive tank...on his back..

His world is engulfed in fire and pain. Ow. The Fire feels real!

Agent Lake Has been terminated

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Did you get my action?))

((Link please? I'll retcon you into this turn, I guess.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2012, 01:13:29 pm »

Feeling no guilt for hopefully keeping a liability away from him when on active duty, Kane goes for a wander of the base facilities, keeping an eye out for any interesting places - interesting being where new, shiny and hi tech gear is to be found, especially if it is linked to unorthadox warfare methods.

Find the mad scientists! Be thier guinea pig/victim!
This is a blank sig.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2012, 01:20:56 pm »

Roll to the next cover, shooting as I roll!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »

"Sure, I guess. But before we run off to some classroom or firing range or something, where am I?"
Here it is.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2012, 01:33:53 pm »

"Sure, I guess. But before we run off to some classroom or firing range or something, where am I?"
Here it is.

Abello blinks.

"Xcom HQ of course. Didn't you read the dossier?" she asks, impatiently. "...I've little patience for the misinformed. As they say-are you In? Or Out?

She leaves without hearing your answer-forcing you to either follow her or stay here and feel used.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2012, 01:55:59 pm »

"Understood..." Don't even talk about it. Try to make eye contact, at-least.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:39 pm »

Follow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

((Well, at least I called it.  I feel like an extra in Saving Private Ryan now.))

Lake was unhurt, of course, but this was a wake-up call.  He's only been under fire once before, but that was way back in Argentina, when they were hired out to clean out that crooked gold cartel.  He was in the back of an armored truck then, too- he was there for the cleanup, not the fight.

This was different.  This was
real.  One little mistake out there, and he could be dead.  The thought unnerved him- and his job required steady nerves.  He looked toward Abello.

"I guess that's what I get for going into battle wearing a gas tank, right?  I don't suppose I get paradropped back in or anything, right?  I'm no use out here."

Ask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:58 pm »

Dive straight for the nearest cover, Do not return fire unless the enemy is within effective range.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18