Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21322 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2012, 07:09:43 am »

((Keep our soldiers in stasis when we get to face them filthy sectoids, please? :D

Also, we all wish you well there Dwarmin. No pressure  :) ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

((@Dwarmin: No problem.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

((Just glad to see this isn't abandoned. Good luck on whatever is happening to you.))
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:35 am »

((You do whatever you need, Dwarm. Your health is much more important than our entertainment.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »

(Do what you need to do, Dwarmin, and we'll be right here waiting for your awesomeness when the important stuff's done.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »

((Ah, sorry to hear that. Best of luck, Dwarmin.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

While I don't have the mission fully planned out (it may take up to a week or more, just depends on how much time I have), I'm going to start taking sign-ups now, mostly to pressure me into finishing it.

Due to the RP thread being offline for a while, and the mission being more lethal than usual, I'll be taking 7 sign-ups. I would take 10, but honestly I'm not Piecewise and I would get burnt out.

I would like you to post your character sheets (updated to the best of your abilities, you don't know what the Izo drug really does, for instance) with your sign-up. Please include stats, token count, inventory, and really anything you'd like me to keep in mind while running the mission. If you really want to be a help and save me some time, format it how I did the cheat sheet (should be near the end of the mission thread). Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:23:35 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »

((May the people who went in the first mission go in the second?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

Lake checked his PDA.   A message that the next mission was looking for recruits?  Time for the real thing, looks like.

"Good to meet you, pal, but I'm up for this mission.  I'll catch you later, hey?"

With that, he headed up to the briefing room.  He'd stock up on grenades when he best knew which kind to get.

Spoiler: Toaster's Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:58:55 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »

(I'm in.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:36:32 pm by Remalle »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:46 pm »

((May the people who went in the first mission go in the second?))

Depends. We have currently 13 active agents, with five of those being on the last mission, to fill 7 slots. Preference goes to those who did not go on the previous mission. I'm going to give a few days for sign-ups, and if we don't have seven agents for the next mission, I'll open it up to the 1st Mission vets.

((I'll post my sheet, but let me ask this first- can I buy gear after the briefing or only before?))

Both. I allow gear purchases afterward so you can tune your purchases to the mission.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

((Cool.  I'll edit the sheet back into the other post.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »

Well 13 people to fill 7 slots rules out the first 5 anyway ( me included ) since we have 8 people who did not not go to fill 7 slots.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »

I'll volunteer!

Name: Jay Cin (JacenHacen)
Stats: 3 Int, 1 Will, 1 Dex
Skills: 2 Aux, 1 SideArm
Bio: Jay is a former Army private, selected for his intelligence and skill with electronics and mechanics. He's very shy, and tends to avoid crowds. He has an opposed stance toward cursing and drinking, and is a failure at hard labor, preferring to think tactics than lift a minigun.

Gear will come after the briefing.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 24, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

Good luck on the mission guys.

And for morale purposes!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aww, he's already smiling. What a cute little guy. :3
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18