Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 15397 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »

"Clear my ass." Theodor bit his tongue to the point of drawing blood before finally speaking on the comms, his teeth gritted. "The girl is dead."

The soldier tapped Moe's arm before pointing towards the remaining bedroom and Jackson. If any of them didn't die until the mission ended, Theodor would be having a talk with Jack afterwards. And oooh, how he wanted Jack to just die.

Check the remaining bedroom, let Jackson try to put his snout in first.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:08:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:53 pm »

"Clear my ass." Theodor bit his tongue to the point of drawing blood before finally speaking on the comms, his teeth gritted. "The girl is dead."

The soldier tapped Moe's arm before pointing towards the remaining bedroom and Jackson. If any of them didn't die until the mission ended, Theodor would be having a talk with Jack afterwards. And oooh, how he wanted Jack to just die.

Check the remaining bedroom, let Jackson try to put his snout in first.

((I was talking about the room I was in :( ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »

((I was talking about the room I was in :( ))
((I know you checked another room. That was just Theodor lashing out in anger.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:03 pm »

"Shit...  they killed her..."  Moe said in a fairly grim state, before being tapped.  "Let's go...  I've always wondered what mutant burger tasted like...  I'll take point, just in case the assassin's in the building still."  It's pretty evident Moe is taking a bit of a toll from the sight.  "After this is over, we're going to have to get this girl a proper burial."
Examine the last bedroom on the upper floor, taking point again.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2012, 01:03:13 am »

Kane was not happy - his team mates were having all the glory and fun. "Hey, cops, get me a ladder and a gun!" he yelled down to the locals...

As above - ask the cops to get a ladder and a gun so I can get down and fight.
This is a blank sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 05:12:45 pm »

The team heads into the last room, the parent's bedroom, and find it empty. Just as they were starting to realize what had occurred, a faint 'thump thump thump thump' can be heard above them. The team gathers outside and watches a small half sphere UFO float up out of the forest and into the air. Four long, skinny legs retract into the ship, and the UFO hovers off into the distance, no sign of what propels it.

The team reports in that the site is clear and waits for the clean-up team, which appears within a matter of minutes. Men in bio-hazard suits pile out of VTOL transport craft and storm the area, while men in black suits, armed with rifles,  start making a perimeter around the site. The team, their duty finished, pile onto the Skyranger. The shutters are lowered and the Skyranger roars to life, leaving the men to their thoughts.

An indeterminate time later, a blinking red light appears on everyone's visors, and a video feed is linked to it. It's Commander Grant.

"Failure. The little girl is dead and the aliens, with most of their tech, escaped. This is a nightmare for PR. We already have some governments starting to question how we operate. This can do no good for establishing trust in our agency.

The only good news is that you recovered an intact alien corpse and three alien artifacts. You'll each receive two credits for this, but I expect better performance next time, agents"
, he says, putting stress on the last word. With that, he closes the channel, leaving you once again to your thoughts.

-------------------------------

I've messaged Dwarmin on how he wants to handle you lot, and he hasn't responded, so I'm handing the mission team off to him. He may leave you on the Skyranger or throw you into VR, up to him.

Here is the 'cheat sheet' I used for the mission. It should be correct and updated, please notify me if it isn't. Since you did not complete the primary mission objective (collect the alien shield technology), you will not get stat increases.

Spoiler: Cheat Sheet (click to show/hide)

You are all in the on-base thread now.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 05:36:26 pm »

((Great... we failed, and lost someone....... :-X))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

I've messaged Dwarmin on how he wants to handle you lot, and he hasn't responded, so I'm handing the mission team off to him. He may leave you on the Skyranger or throw you into VR, up to him.

((oh come on, it's only been two hours and I was watching Ironman :P Will probably update tonight.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »

(( And who's fault was that lol. if I'd lived we probably would of managed to get it done. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2012, 10:39:57 pm »

(( And who's fault was that lol. if I'd lived we probably would of managed to get it done. ))
((But you didn't. So it's nobody elses fault. Now quiet this down until we get the next mission briefing.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]