Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 15447 times)

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:04 pm »

"Guys?  The aliens are opening hostilities...  and watch where you lob those damned pineapples!"
Open fire on the aliens now with the auto-shot equivalent!  They're DEFINITELY going to shoot now after hearing the kaboom!
(Sorry guys, but I think you made the hostage a lost cause.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:27:22 pm by NESgamer190 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:46 am »

"Well," thought Kane, "thats the easy bit done. Now seeing as that chump messed up the grenade throw, how do we get inside?"

Find the largest window on the upstairs floor. See if the shield covers it.
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:56 am »

((She always was to me anyway. If they didnt shoot her, one of us was bound to - getting some combat intel on the greys was always the first priority!))
This is a blank sig.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 03:28:06 am »

(( Lol O thanks a lot you guys im badly bloody wounded and nobody bothers to come and help me. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 06:30:38 am »

(( Lol O thanks a lot you guys im badly bloody wounded and nobody bothers to come and help me. ))

You had it coming lol, outvoting me on RTJ :P

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:00 am »

(( Once I recover from this im going to show you an interesting trick with a knife. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 06:40:45 am »

(( Once I recover from this im going to show you an interesting trick with a knife. ))

Your probably gonna roll a one and stab yourself in the face :P

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 06:41:29 am »

(I duly apologize mesor, but it's either leave you on the ground for the time being to dispose of the unshielded hostiles, or run to ya and get shot in the spine and die trying to save ya...  no hard feelings, right?  I just hope my shooting somehow doesn't end up with some accidental holding of the rifle the wrong way and shooting the whole squad.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 06:44:28 am »

(( Uhm you realize you could ask the cops to come get me right? We can give them instructions. ))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

((Its hard to help from up here on the roof. I recon "mister I cant throw a grenade" has the moral responsibility to help you.))
This is a blank sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »

Theodor was slightly startled by the grenade going off, but the real problem only appeared when the aliens pointed their guns at the group in front of the house.

"Goddamnit. Move to the sides, to the sides! Try to stay our of their line of sight or we'll be toast! Split up! Look through the windows and let's try not to die!" he yelled at the nearby teammates, extending his arm and pointing it towards the sides of the house, hoping the group would not become crispy remains after some hot alien-pistol-on-soft-human-flesh action.

Sprint towards the side, moving away from the aliens' line of fire and towards the side of the house. Shoot one of the pistol-wielding aliens in the face torso along the way. Preferentially the one(s) away from the little girl.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:19:24 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2012, 02:05:04 pm »

((Its hard to help from up here on the roof. I recon "mister I cant throw a grenade" has the moral responsibility to help you.))

((Yes, I should just jump from the plane, rappel down IN FRONT of the alien, just to help him. Great plan.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2012, 02:12:18 pm »

(( You blew me up so do it :P. ))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2012, 07:27:01 pm »

Instead of a turn, you get psionic mechanics revealed! I was quickly realizing that psionics were becoming a thing much earlier in this RtD than I had planned, so I decided to iron out the mechanics.

Spoiler: Psionics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:29:03 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

Here's a recap on the situation, since it might be getting a little fuzzy. You are free to change your actions, just strikethrough the old ones.

A 2 story house with a sloped roof is holding at least 2 aliens and a hostage. The skyranger is hovering overhead. The house's entrances seem to be protected by some sort of shield. Two aliens stand behind the entrance to the main floor, pointing their pistols at the group assembled on the road. There are eight policemen taking cover behind various police cars and are maintaining a surround.

One agent is in the skyranger, one agent is on the roof of the house, one agent is unconscious and broken, lying next to the house (the extent of his injuries remain unknown), and two agents are outside with some of the police on the road.

...oh, I just realized I screwed up the house layout. I've had the windows at the front of the house this entire time, yet I put the bedrooms on the side of the house in the layout. I'll retcon and say there is a window on the 2nd floor at the exit of the stairwell. Anyway, here's an updated map of the 1st floor. Stars represent aliens.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10