Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crafting in adventure mode  (Read 8317 times)

FinTheHuman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Crafting in adventure mode
« on: September 29, 2012, 12:30:16 am »

So after reading the (amazingly interesting) adventures of Deebus my interest in DF was peaked again and I decided to load it up once more. Of course this time I went straight for adventure mode :3. So when I killed a load of dingos, in true Debbus fashion I wanted to triumphantly put it's skull on my head and wear it as a silly hat, while also wearing it's skin as a cloak. I know the Df community does a good job of labeling and categorizing these things but I can't seem to find anything about how to do this. How extensive is the vanilla Df adventure mode crafting system, is there a Minecraft-esk list of crafting recipes? I really enjoyed how Deebus made use of his fallen enemies like he did, turning them into: armour, coats, or decorations. Is this possible without mods?         

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:35:36 am »

I don't think so, not yet.

Although I'm possibly wrong.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:37:06 am »

Quite simply, in vanilla Adventure mode you can't craft at all, bar knapping rocks and butchering a corpse. There are mods (such as the Genesis mod, I believe) that add crafting into the game and you can even add certain crafting actions and recipes yourself if you have the knowhow to add it to the RAWs, but without modification you cannot craft.

FinTheHuman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:00:38 am »

That explains a lot, looks like I'll have to go mod hunting thanks for the help :D

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:04:18 am »

Try wanderers friend, its prety much vanilla DF with AM crafting.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 03:03:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should see in Deebus thread these reactions by Eric Blank... I hope It will this, what you need, just put this in metalworking reactions in raws.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 11:16:25 pm »

Gensis has a GREAT spell/crafting in it

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:11:07 am »

Yes, but how can I craft adamantine stuff out of air?

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

I went straight for adventure mode :3.
I bet you did, Fin. I bet you did. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:52 am »

You should see in Deebus thread these reactions by Eric Blank... I hope It will this, what you need, just put this in metalworking reactions in raws.

Yeah, these are what I posted for Hugo. There need to be a few changes made to them though because at the time they were largely untested and thus buggy. Not fatally buggy, unless you die as a result of darts with no material not killing your opponents because they don't technically exist and "pass right through."

Here's a more complete/less buggy one:

Just navigate to [Your DF install location]/Raw/objects and create a new .txt document named "reaction_adventure_new" and paste these inside, and save it.

Yes, but how can I craft adamantine stuff out of air?

You can use a reaction that doesn't require any reagents, but provides a product, such as an adamantine breastplate. Due to a bug, it is not possible to produce gauntlets that you can actually wear.

For instance, you could use this:

At least, I THINK those will work.

edit; threw in a crutch producing reaction. Always hated being crutchless only AFTER losing a leg.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:37:47 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FinTheHuman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »

Wow I wasn't expecting someone to go that far out of there way, That's a really helpful reply man. I appreciate you doing all the leg work for me now I'm gonna have to give that a go, again thanks :3.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 05:06:22 pm »

Use masterwork and turn off everything that comes form masterwork, there is a FULL Crafting thing, where you can create tons of shiz in adventure mode.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:42 pm »

Yeah, these are what I posted for Hugo. There need to be a few changes made to them though because at the time they were largely untested and thus buggy. Not fatally buggy, unless you die as a result of darts with no material not killing your opponents because they don't technically exist and "pass right through."
But I changed from B to C... And it had material now.
Whatever, how you like.