Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27524 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Surface beast has come, just to help us to lift the siege.

Look, it's a baby minotaur!
It was quicly killed by trolls and goblins. And I wanted to capture it and grow as our ally... *Sigh*

Zombies are dead, corpses moved to graveyard. I decided to move magma workshops closer to the new stairwell, just because. We dug a room and made holes for smelters, and then I came to build the smelters...

I woke up at the hospital bed... Looks like I'll have to stend some time here

Another beast in the caverns, next to flaming one.

And some child made this:

I got my splint on the arm just in time to greet some new guys who came here... Unfortunately, we've got only three adults.

Kobold ambush was discovered by zombies. Those little sneaky bastards... they shot all zombies and rushed to our gates that were left open. We lost four recruits to their arrows, and two children who were wandering near, but finally made then suffer for their thiefty nature!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm back to this, again.

We got three events. First, we have another artifact - rutherer bone amulet "The Cheerful Elbows". The rutherer whose bone was used had killed some of our dwarves during undead invasion and got name Eteskan.
Second - we have a few more citizens. We're 59 now!
Third - one of rangers went hunting and shot that mud slug. Great hunt!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good, good. Is the FPS god still pleased with this fortress?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good, good. Is the FPS god still pleased with this fortress?
yes, it's quite playable.

Another bunch of small events
We have another mayor Edzul Polishedpages, who shortly after her election mandated making of two scepters. I made her office under ShadeNight's rooms at Temple. The lowes floor of it is still inhabited with undeads, but we're working on it.
Momuz the glassmaker got secretive mood.
Coral quadruped destroys old graveyard, and ghosts from it angered at closest dwarf they can find. A baby ghost just have scared a recruit to death! We need many, many slabs!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scared him to death? How does that happen?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scared him to death? How does that happen?

Like this:

An angry ghost of small girl killing mighty soldiers. Just a cliche of most horror stories. Good we already set a slab for her.

Zaneg the axedwarf was attacked by undead harpy and got injured. Later in the hospital he turned berserk and went killing left and right with his adamantine axe! Luckily his wound slowed him a lot.
Nevertheless he cut the head of some child, and cut Tirion's right arm off when militia arrived to put him down. But Tirion stabbed his arm back with his spear hold by another hand and he dropped his axe. In a few seconds it was finished.

We finally cleaned the temple of undeads!

with a cost of  two marksdwaves. Now it's time to make this temple into a royal residence!

And we got another beast.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:33:42 am by peregarrett »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Dwarf Fortress is the only game where it's considered unsurprising to house nobility in a demon temple that was up until recently filled with undead.

And how many forgotten beasts have attacked so far? They seem to be coming far more regularly than in any of my fortresses.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress is the only game where it's considered unsurprising to house nobility in a demon temple that was up until recently filled with undead.

And how many forgotten beasts have attacked so far? They seem to be coming far more regularly than in any of my fortresses.
VAMPIRE noble, I must add. King is vampire.

I'll check it tonight, I guess we got about twenty beasts. Overall death count is over thousand now.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

VAMPIRE noble, I must add. King is vampire.

I'll check it tonight, I guess we got about twenty beasts. Overall death count is over thousand now.

Wait, is the king here? If not, is our population anywhere near 140?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, is the king here? If not, is our population anywhere near 140?
No, we're about 50 now. But I'm looking forward into it - we're going to accumulate wealth and population to become Mountainhome.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have 4 alive beasts (actually I think some more of them are hiding), two undead, 12 dead (13 with baby minotaur). Total death count is 1290, 51 alive dwarves and 80 tame animals.
Overall status is:

Glassmaker made this:

Nice, but he'd better not waste presious adamantine wafer on decoration.

We're smoothing the temple from outside and encrusting it with statues. Statues everywhere!

And finally dwarven caravan came

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We failed to trade with caravan, just because our broker is lazy asshole. Shit. If we'd sold them a lot of valuables, the migrants would arrive in numbers inspired by our riches!

There were two goblin ambushes, all were dealt with by caravan guards.

The losses we suffered at the temple affected our morale. Fist fights, angry cries and so on:

what a strange fight move he made...

I'm making statue gardens everywhere. Hope that cheer them up.
ShadeNight finally had time to finish the meeting with human diplomat (nothing important) and started meeting with dwarven liaison, who promoted our land to county.

And we got another beast at the caverns, next to temple. This one looks most dangerous

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, it's been a more than week!

Short summary of updates:
First, a brewer has made an artifact mechanism:

it's the second artifact mechnism made here

then we got a salamander beast:

and a wereshrew:

who killed one of undead hands of soneome crawling here and there, then transformed to human and then left in shame

Also we got a minotaur who climbed our Eagle Tower. While he was killing eagles and owls we set there a trap, and now we have a nice piece of royal zoo!

12th Felsite, 111
Bembul the Recruit was driven crazy with watching the falling dwarf blood. His eyes are so deep dark and he looks so grim that no one dares to ask what's up with him. We're just following him and watch what he does.

Meanwhile, elves came, heartly greet by goblin ambush. We're locked and busy building the watchtower on the other side, so we don't care too much.

Out archers shot the leader of ambush and we ran out to finish then off!!!
But.. Shit! Another ambush! Those evil-hearted creatures just spend the first squad to lure us out. We have no choive but... CHAAARGE!!!!!

We destroyed the second ambush. One recruit is dead, and two soldiers are injured. Goblin arrows hit hard.

Bembul the Recriut has missed all fun gathering stuff into buthser shop... What does he want to do with all that garbage?

Bembul has finished his craetion, but we lost a few citizens... due to their own dumbness, I must say! They wandered into old halls and were torn by beasts!
Here's the thing that Bembul made

So cute, especially that fluffy image.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The shield would have been really badass if it didn't have the fluffy image. Now it's unspeakably awesome.

And there are so many things attacking. So. Many.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile

That is an awesome shoe.
Reminds me of this quote.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18