Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27523 times)

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile

Slab me. On a completely unrelated note, can I get a look at the stats screen?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Slab me. On a completely unrelated note, can I get a look at the stats screen?
uh... stats of whole fortress, or of your dwarf?
Anyway
Spoiler: Fortress State (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pitchblende II (click to show/hide)

Ten new dwarves migrated here. Two rangers, two farmers, fisher and surgeon. Others are children.

They was not the only migrants. Down there at caverns, next to Temple...

That creature came hunting for elk birds, but suddenly found more tasty prey... Dwarves.
It continuosly emits with some kind of gas. Zedot the Bad Devil they call it...
We called for squads to rush down. With all those digging  we can't seal off, so we have no choice but fight, and I'm praying for our archers to be as effective as they've always been before.

- ...This fort is descending into bloody hell! - spit the phrase Urvad, the axedwarfess of Pitchblende's squad. - Dwarves are not only dying here, but they are left to rot with no burial! Who would like to live here if you don't ever get a coffin at the end of your life?! I'm not speaking about mere clothes. Just look at this dress! and shoes! and hood!
Urdad has a personal matter here. Her mother got killed by zombie kangaroo and her body rot before coffins were made. That depressed Urvad alot.
- Oh, shut up already - replied with tired voice Lorbam, the speardwarf of same squad. -  I'd never put this tattered stuff on, but it goes well with your appearance.
- WHAT YOU SAY, ASSBEARD?!?! - Urvad turned deeply angered and stroke Lorbam, but he easily blocked the strike. Other squadmates seized Urvad not letting her continue the atack.

- Stop that now! - Pitchblende the 2nd entered the circle. - Urvad, you've just attacked your squadmate. I never tolerate this in my own squad, and you know of course that it's an official crime. And that when we're ready to attack the monstrous beast! - She sighed and continued - Now you have the only choice to expiate this, by meeting with that beast before the guard captain knows that. Now, we're all going to report the crime, and you do your choice. Guys, move off.
- GO TO HELL ALL OF YOU, ASSHOLES! - shouted Urvad in mindless anger while all others moved toward the stairs to captain's office. -FINE! I'll take out it on my own!! COME TO MY AXE, YOU FROG!

They met at the top of the demonic temple. Beast were emitting bursts of gas that could throw a dwarf for a few yards, and trying to avoid the gas Urvad got kicked in the head. Her hands softened and she dropped her axe and shield... Beast didn't finish her work quickly, it kicked her barely alive body, bite her foot off and finally crushed her skull.

RIP, Urvad.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile

Dwarven justice at it's finest, leave your squadmate to be horribly killed by an eldritch abomination because she was having a bad day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bet the captain of the guard didn't even recognize tantruming as a crime. They never do... I have yet to see a single disorderly conduct in my justice systems.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After poor Urvad got what she deserved, the archers began the attack... Actualy, one of them just stepped out of gates and made a single shot. In frog's head.
Frog drops dead immediately. Our archers are still the ultimate power!

And just the beast died, Kadol the engraver who was locked at the shadeNight's appartment got fey mood. I think this results in a magnificent art object!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A vile force of darkness has arrived!
Actually, after living here for a few years, you don't count goblins as a Vile Force Of Darkness. Next to undead beasts they are more like kittens. But the Code of Record Keepers forces me to state the arrival of goblin siege wit those words, so...
Anyway, there are three squads - pikemen, hammermen and axemen lead by two swordmasters and axe lord. And a group of trolls.
I wander who they are going to fight with, since our gates are locked. Maybe undead horses?

Engraver finished his work

Again piccolo. Why, why anyone's trying to bring us some music? are we elves?!
Good thing he's master engraver now.

Trolls attacked horses, lost their leader and retreated.
Goblin axemen attacked undead horses and trolls, lost their leader and retreated.
Two other squad destroyed the undeads, but thn undead horses got reenfocement, hammermen squad was scattered and retreated.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are those zombie horses native, or leftovers from some merchant?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are those zombie horses native, or leftovers from some merchant?
Native horse corpses.

So, goblins fled defeated by local wild-undeath. Then we opened the gate to lure undeads in, some of them were killed by trap, some by archers, and we went out to collect the loot.

Unfortunately, then another group of undeads came, and we lost a few citizens to them. Also our captain of guard was injured, and the only justice oficer left active was Obok Shotpartnered the Russet Influence of Ferocity, Hammerdwarf and Gem Setter (creator of gem chain).
He's a quite noable figure. First of all, he's father of undead Tirion who moved here after his son. He killed a hydra somewhere in his travels, and a troll. And he killed three dwarves accused in violating production order of mayor!
Also, he's the suspected in murdering some guy being in tatnrum.

And we have another beast. With webs.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, Shotpartnered, his name refers to the shooting of his partner... but by whom? He?

I guess it's better not to dwell on it.

Reporter: Obok, is it true that you were the last one to see Urist before he turned up dead? Several eyewitnesses claim you've punched him to death while...
Obok Shotpartnered the Russet Influence of Ferocity: I've had enough of your snide insinuations.
The Hammerdwarf strikes the reporter in the mouth, bruising the skin bruising the muscle and fracturing the jaw!
The reporter falls over!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry, we have TWO beasts.

And they attacked us from two sides at once! The leech settled in between the stairwell to deeps, while grime humanoid entered the corridor where Nix and BFEL tombs are. Shit. It looks like a planned attack!!!

I'm failing to describe that bloody and glorious battle we had. Two beasts, that killed most of militia, so I even had to call to arms any peasant we had. But first leech got shot(after Broken cut both its wings off) and the grime man got smashed by marksdwarf going melee! And also we had enough zombies risen... One of zombies has risen at the hospital and killed all other patients.

In short words, we're 115 now.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile

Wow. How's my dwarf doing?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow. How's my dwarf doing?
He survived that zombie apocalypse with no injures.

After all corpses were moved to undeads-free zone, we left at 108 dwarves total.
We settled a temporary hospital, since our old one is haunted by undeads:

I'm ready to retake it.

While we were retaking the hospital, Tirion the recruit turned into zombie and killed a few dwarves next to the temple.
Also, we lost Obok the Hammerdwarf to hospital's undeads.
We're 98 now.

And we have a gabbro crown:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:29:08 am by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wait, when did second me die?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wait, when did second me die?
well, I missed that moment. I had to jump from one battle point to another to watch how the madness goes on. But it was after beasts were defeated, since I saw him struggloing at the webs left from grime man. So, I guess he was struck down by some zombie and then I saw the report how his corpse fights with some peasant.

But now everything is ok, we're down to about 80 dwarves, InsanityIncarnate, Pitchblende, ShadeNight and Peragarrette survived. also, new mayor was elected - old one was killed by zombie.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:21:33 am by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No new tantrum spiral brewing?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18