Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 26857 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts, Good and Evil zone. Winged slug rampage! [Community game]
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:09 am »

23rd Felsite 103

My squad members die quicker than I could get to know them. But that won't slow us down, it will only harden the survivors and make our doctors more experienced. And soon we will salvage enough helms, breastplates and mail shirts to outfit everyone, and melt down the rest to forge gauntlets, greaves, and high boots.
They mostly die because of running out of bolts and going melee. We have plenty copper armor here, some bronze and a few steel pieces.

13th Malachite, 103
We walled off the entrance to that cavern. Despite having wings, that best don't fly, so we cane be safe for now. It destroys the door now, while miners are digging the shooting range, to take care of it safely.

19th Malachite
Near the silver mines I met strange familiar fugure...

Nix stated his will not to be buried or memorized, so his ghost will inhabit this place forever... Well, I hope he won't start batter anyone.

1st Galena, 103
Cavern troll killed one of peasants. Then his undead body killed two others. We're running out of coffins this way!

10th Galena
No, not again!!!

Meanwhile, Human caravan and goblin ambush came. We locked the inner gate letting the traders occupy the depot and their guard take care of goblins. Or vise versa. Whatever. We're too busy with that gem man.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:30:55 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:57 am »

Short update
Human guards killed the ambush to last goblin, and thier axeman got long and stupid title.
Forgotten beast dived into cavern lake and shoots webs from the bottom. Tirions guard shoots back. Every body part of it is chipped, but the beast is far from death. Others are running in panic in all directions.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2012, 02:19:48 pm »

Holy shit. With inorganic FBs, there is only 2 kind: the very easy to kill, and the nigh impossible to kill. Looks like it's the latter.

Strange, I had a gem tick one-shotted (body) in my community fort. Guess that's just the redundancy of organs presented by the humanoid form.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »

Oh boy DorfBFEL is gonna be happy that Nix is back....well unless he starts beating her....why do I have a sudden urge to play that totally realistically in her crazy double talk chirping?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012, 06:42:34 am »

Oh boy DorfBFEL is gonna be happy that Nix is back....well unless he starts beating her....why do I have a sudden urge to play that totally realistically in her crazy double talk chirping?
Oh carp.

Another short update.
The presence of that gem man caused panic, so there're lot of citizens running. Tirion's squad does their job, the beast is covered with cracks, but that doesn't bother it. I've desidneg the cave in to crush it, now we're waiting for miners to wake up from their snap and dig that stone cube.
ShadeNight finished engraving of mayor's office. Will post some nasty arts later.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2012, 11:01:55 am »

Have I been redwarfed?

While I'm on the subject, what are my death-, ghost-, and slab-counts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2012, 12:57:12 pm »

Have I been redwarfed?

While I'm on the subject, what are my death-, ghost-, and slab-counts?
Ahem... have you requested to be dorfed? I didn't notice, sorry.
What skill/profession do you want? So far we have full squad of various melee soldiers lead by Broken, full squad of marksdwarves lead by Tirion, and a whole bucket of civilian professions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28:38 pm »

So that's where my StNPO post went...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »

So that's where my StNPO post went...
Oh lol.
I think I dorf you anyway. None of community games can be 'true old-school' without GreatWyrmMetal in it.

Whateverth.
Marksdwaves run out of bolts completely. The beast still alive, and my plan of crushing it failed. Time for plan B - seal it into the prison!
Miners dug the room, now we're making bridges that lock it inside.

Some migrants came. Human traders ended their patience and are packing their stuff. Huh. Maybe we'll lock them there and never let out? Need to think about it

as promised, some arts pictures of ShadeNight (she's gave birth to dauther recently) and her collegues:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:00 pm »

"None of the community games can be..."
I am honored, good sir!
Sig

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2012, 01:24:06 pm »

20th Sandstone, 103
The presence of that beast has broken whole fortress' life. First of all, it sits in the vicinity of route from food stockpile to dining hall, and anyone who has chew time -takes his food, carries it to dining hall and - right! - sees the beast! Then he panics, drops his food and runs away. After running twenty or so tiles away he calms, sees no beast, sees his food laying on the floor and comes to pick it up. Then he sees the beast again and rans away... Then food that lays there begin to rot and emit miasma. Unfortunately, the miasma doesn't block the sight of that beast.
So, you get the picture. It's a madness!!!
We need to do something.

28th Sandstone, 103
Idash is dead! If the word 'dead' can be applied to such magic construct... Anyway, none magic creatures can stand a ceiling collapsing on it's head! Hooray!!! Forgotten beast meat biscuits to anyone? Serve youself, that isn't rotten.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »

Clear garnet doesn't sound edible.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts, Good and Evil zone. Web shooting beasts! [Community game]
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 07:50:14 am »

Clear garnet doesn't sound edible.
Yes, but I meant the meat from previous beast, giant tick. There are piles of it scattered over the 'scary way', rotting and miasming.

27th Timber, 103
Things are getting better. If you don't mnd tantruming children and peasants, rotting corpses of unlucky guys that were caught by cavein, fell into cavern lake and drowned webbed into beast web - it's a great place to live!
Trade caravan came, but we've forgot to make spears. Now we're making them, I guess Urist the mayor would be happy. He forbade us to sell them, but I'd rather stick the mandate into her ass. They are silver, they are expensive, and we need those supplies that merchants brought! So go stick yourself with spear, dumbass!

Some lye maker got posession mood, claimed the craftshop and works on something. Let's see that Spirit of Mountains wants to gift us with...

13th Moonstone, 103

Fuck. FUCK. FUCKITY FUCK OF FUCKEN FUCKS!!!!!!!!
And it shoots webs again! What is this place, a resort for beasts with webs incontinence?!

oh, and the lyemaker has finished his thing

Seems like the posession didn't end well with him. He state his name from now on is GreatWyrmBismuthBronze, I hardly broke my tongue spelling this.
Spoiler: GreatWyrm (click to show/hide)

Merchants left. Screw them, we don't have time to that business now.

That hairy python killed an engraver. Now his body raises from deat and attacks the python. Meanwhile we're digging capture chamber for them - if we get a herd of webbing beast, lets get a profit from them!

7th Opal, 103

Oh, this love story ended so tragically...

7th Obsidian, 103
Guess what? While our miners, masons and mechanics were working on capture device, some of Tirions' guys headshotted the python. Oh well, we'll use the device for next beast.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:39:12 am by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:38 am »

If we are lucky, it will raise and still shoot webs.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2012, 09:34:49 am »

If we are lucky, it will raise and still shoot webs.
I'd better not try. Forgotten beasts are dangerous, but undead beasts are deadly. And iirc undeads lose their special attacks...

14th Obsidian, 103
Somehow, we ran out of food stockpile. Ordered to butcher some of animals, and do food-producing jobs like milking and cheesemaking. And (CAREFULLY!) transport that beast's body to refuse stockile. If is raises from dead - it's going to be a disaster!

Whoa! After butchering it, out meat stock got 777 units big! I guess our food crysis is over.
Some kobold thief got in, and got a bolt in the head.

28th Obsidian
BFEL died of thrist. Poor girl.

OOC: should I bury her, or make her a ghost too?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18