Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27496 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Another update after long pause... does anyone enjoys that? Ah, nevermind, I'm enjoying writing it  8)

Human caravan came, met the undeads and spent some time killing them. they lost one of their pack animals and turned back. Just in time when goblin siege came!

First we locked down inside, and were busy with our own things - you know, ghosts and such.. we had a ghost battered ShadeNight - no tearing limbs, but fractured liver and broken ribs, and we had a ghost who killed some blue peahen. Then peahen rose undead nd began attacking dwarves.. oh, just the everyday routine here.

But later, after goblins tired of their games with undeads, their trolls tried to out down the doors into our guardtower! We called to arms and repelled the invasion from our corridors! Also our arhers shor some goblins from central guardtower, to after trolls were defeated they esided to retreat.

And then a group of migrants came. Those guardtowers worked good, we'll ger less casualities from wandering undeads.

And we got another artifact:

Our main problem now is the lack of skilled smiths and armor-grade metals, just copper and adamantine... We need armor masters to clad our militia into adamantine! For now we're training some peasants with copper, we have tons of it here.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Random contribution!

fractured liver
How... but... um...
I don't even.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fractured liver
How... but... um...
I don't even.
Yes, but it healed by itself while your dwarf was idling or hauling or picking up new socks or whatever. Luckily there were another diagnosts (but lazy assholes too! Is it a discipline they study in medicine college?! They would get a perfect mark for that) who picked a few minutes to state that, so now we're waiting for suturers and dressers to fix baroness' broken ribs.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is my last dwarf still alive?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is my last dwarf still alive?
Yes, but with lost hand

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's 17 of Limestone, 113, almost a year passed since I touched my diary last time.

Things are going well. Or rapidly descending into madness, that depends on your point of view. Our population oscillates around 60 dwarves, and our calculated wealth is 6.6 megabucks! Six point six million!!! That's wonderful and awful, both points are rational.
But let me explain.
The problem/miracle was our large adamantine supply and Thikut the moody armorer, who made adamantine chain leggins, called Waxedorbs the Reverence of Euphoria and valued to 1.1 megabuck.
That creation was not remain unheard by our enemies, so from that moment we are getting constant sieges. The trolls broke into east guardtower and we had to barricade it.
Thikut now makes various masterwork armor parts from adamantine and that raises our fortess wealth more and more. Last time we had another siege before the previous were completely lifted off, and the more treasures we get, the stronger enemies are. This time they brought five squads lead by warmasters, who are so hard to deal with! We lure one squad into trap corridor where a horde of trolls died before, and whole squad was torn to pieces except for their leader, spearmaster. That bastard just walked back and forth over the traps easily dodging their hits! Looks like he even enjoyed that! Good thing that cage trap didn't miss, so we have a champion to fight at the Arena!

I don't even mention a swam of beasts that came to caverns. Various nightmare beasts with various deadly attacks, some of them are wreaking havoc at forgotten halls, others just wandering in the darkness.

Also, we've found two more adamantine spires. If we have to fight the endless hordes of undeads and goblins, lets fit ourself in proper outfit!!!

It was more fun to play than to write reports, so sorry.
Nothing really interesting happened, except that moody armorer. Tirion is still alive, InsanityIncarnate is still our chief medic, ShadeNight is still baroness who's so busy that there are two diplomats following her everywhere. Merchants just can't make their way into depot before goblins or undeads got them.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish to be a dwarf if that is still open! A metalsmith preferably.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, siege with only 60 dwarves? I guess that confirms you keep getting them once you reach 80, no matter what happens.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish to be a dwarf if that is still open! A metalsmith preferably.
Ok, you get that legendary armorer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She's - suddenly - mother of ShadeNight!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:48:10 am by peregarrett »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

You know what, peregarrett? I'm going to give you a massive "thank you" for posting screenshots in a size that I can actually read on my laptop's screen. It's wonderful.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"She has complained of thirst lately."

Hey! I'm dying here! I need booze! :P

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"She has complained of thirst lately."

Hey! I'm dying here! I need booze! :P
- If you're so obsessed with your work that you forgot where the booze is stored, it's not our problem, it's yours. Bookeeper says we have over 700 units of drinks stored, and it's growing, so just go get yourself a drink. Please.

We got another siege, and trolls broke into another guard tower before we closed the gate. We barricaded the entrance there too, and raised the bridge behind them, so we have a squad of goblins and group of trolls locked there. We'll think what to do with them later.
We also captured another warmaster, whose squad perished to our traps. I asked why do they start attacking us and he just showed me their civilization symbol:

I guess that means they came for those adamantine leggins and going to  use them as their banner.

Who ever thought of making trousers the symbol of civikization? I've had an image of goblin horde with trousers flying on the flagstaffs, and can't get it out of my mind.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Who ever thought of making trousers the symbol of civikization? I've had an image of goblin horde with trousers flying on the flagstaffs, and can't get it out of my mind.
I guess they want to let everyone know who wears the pants in their international relationships.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tirion was ocassionally caught by bowgoblins and got heavily injured - broken legs and many wounds. But his urge for fight was stronger than physical disabilities of his body, so he refused to rest and tried crambling to barracks. Unfortunately, no nurse was there, so he died of thrist on his way somewhere.
RIP, Tirion (the second one, one-handed speardwarf).
((OOC: Redorf? We currently have some crafter posessed. She's on her way collecting various stuff))

Also one of beasts got tired with toppling inhabitant qoarters upside down and wanted some company... well, outpost liaison met it, inhaled the dust it emit and dies shortly after that. Beast was captured into chamber - so clever I am, who made it a year before!

We're making another grinder to take care of all those trolls and goblins who is locked in the tower. At least we have tons of no-quality weapons from previous siegers!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My host bodies are progressively less epic... redorf please, but this time name Tirion III to avoid confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18