Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27504 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

I look forward to the bright future of this fort.

P.S. I really loved that "zombie was animated in hospital, killed all patients" part. A true classic of zombie horrors.

Wool attacking a shearer made me chuckle.
bright future
What a ... HERESY!!!!  :o

Thanks for appreciating. I really hope I will make this fort to its epic end before Toady releases new version.
Sadly, no much time to play recently  :(
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

P.S. I really loved that "zombie was animated in hospital, killed all patients" part. A true classic of zombie horrors.

bright future

Thanks for appreciating. I really hope I will make this fort to its epic end before Toady releases new version.

I doubt Toady will release it that soon, much less release a playable, not broken version of it  :) Take your time.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile

bright future

I doubt Toady will release it that soon, much less release a playable, not broken version of it  :) Take your time.

Not to mention, I believe there're still occasional the old 2D version and 40d games popping up. Or the Eternal Halls :D

I've seen a few fortresses being kept up for as long as 2 to 4 years, though it's rare.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're still working on traps to clean the old halls from zombies. It's two-step plan. First we lock the undead beast inside the wall, second we let zombies into our traps.

Looks like the will that controls zombies (if it exists) tries to interfere our plans.. two undead harpies flew into our castle, dropping out the recruit who was training there. Tirion killed one of them with minor injures, butthe another killed two children before got shot.

Tirion (the new one, of course) behaves weird, and it scares me...

He was training at the barraks when suddenly he screams in rage and poses as prepared to fight. It was for a few moments, then he calms down and awakes
He said later  he had a vision of that undead temple and a feeling of some enemies that overcome him... That scares me.

OOC:Really, I got message of Tirion entering trance, was like "WTF??!?!?!", zoomed to that message and it showed me the Temple. Holy carp!

Oh, those goblins never learn...

There is new beas at the lowest cavern.

If it'll get killed by zombies and arises undead, we'll have to dig another capturing box for it. Shit.

Oh. I think we've got an battle of alive beast against undead one. Too bad I can't watch that in motion...

Alas, we've got a winner!!!
Ngok dodged Zagith's attack staight into magma and burnt there!

Gobbos left, and there come elven traders.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, newest me is a wrestler? With visions of the temple where I possessed my first host it all began? Cool!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm finally back to this fort..

Just as elves came, they got ambushed by kobolds.
Funny, but kobbolds just  injured one of merchants and his animal and left. Maybe that's elven magic?

No, elven magic doen't affect undeads. Kobold and harpy corpses chasing them all over the place. Okay. We'll get their stuff then.

We made a capture box for undead beast, but it refuses to enter it. Thos undeads sometimes show extraordinary intelligence. I'll set there a bait, I think.

And Id the bone doctor got posessed...

Oh, finally the beast was captured! Now, it's time to let zombies in!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good luck. This fort is made epic by it's long survival against the undead.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

27th Malachite, 108
Hooray, migrants! 6 new brave guys and 4 children.
Now I do feel that we can bring this lpace back to life.

And luckily undead elves went chasing wild camels, so the way is free. Lower the bridge!

We filled whole archers squad with new guys, and they are ready to fight.

But there comes another beast

I guess I'll let it fight undeads that are left there, and then we'll think of what to do. We're all are tired of waiting there!

Meanwhile, goblin ambush was discovered by undeads, killed them and rushed to human caravan that just have arrived. Humans lost one guard andtwo were injured, but they repelled the ambush.

Autumn has come. Beast killed some of zombies but now is stuck at the cavern pond. Don't know why.

Id finally made her artifact:

Crown with zombie dwarf on it. Yes, this stuff fits this place well. We should give it to ShadeNight to wear, as the sign of the rulership.

Another group of migrants! So great to knowthat the Mountainhome still remembers us...
They were chased by undeads, but had only  one casualty.
And just after they came a child got posessed.

Zombies are slowly marching towards traps...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Human traders haven't left yet, but then dwarven caravan came.

And there were a siege on their backs!

We locked the gate just before they charged, so they stuck into the bridge. There are two elite snipers among them, so I won't let our archers out.

Domas, the child who got posessed, made a shiled of bone:

Quite promising, I must say.

The caverns still spawn terrific beasts.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, as long as the beasts aren't organic, they won't reanimate.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarven merchants did their deal and decided to leave. The problem is what there are a lot of goblins there. So they decided to split - wagons will wait for ocassion to make their rush before goblins catch them, while merchants with pack animals travel underground. Despite our explanations about zombies and beasts they asked us to let them into old haunted halls.
Okay then.

The travelet first down the stairs, then across the old forges and then began their ascent, with guards killing any undead who dare to stay on their way. They did quite good, but finaly they met Oge, the coral quadruped with deadly dust. Guards fought bravely and failed, but two of merchants made their way to the darkness of cavern. The third merchant guard still fight the beast in the cavern pond. Or maybe he just don't have a chance to escape from there, dunno. Dust explosions makes everything there jumping and flying. Even dead bodies of our guys.

Then we found the moment when goblins were busy with undead muskoxen and openet the gate. Wagon animals pull their burden and quickly moved into the show storm. No casualties this time.

Inspired by the lucky attempt of dwarves, humies decided to move out too in two groups. The surface group was caught by goblins, while underground, with Oge being busy wrestling that guard swordsdwarf made to the safety of caverns. I wonder if they will find their way out of caverns...

Another beast has joined the evil forces. Luckily it's in the second cavern that is sealed.

Meanwhile, goblins distracted by human caravan left their guard position where they killed every undead that arised, so undeads had their time to regroup. They arise in numbers an attacked goblins, overwhelming them. So, the siege is over now, just a bunch of undead goblins and muskoxen left.

We've retaken the corridor to the Temple! Now we're waiting for peasants to bury the corpses that are raising time by time. I think it's almost the victory!

And woodworker claimed the carpenter shop in secretive mood.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, it's a Platinum Colossus? Made by animating a large statue of The Tick?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not only Platinum Colossus raised against us, but giant shrimp also does.

We got migrants, but half of them perished to undeads. I should have destroyed them before!

Kogan the woodworker finished his artifact

Quite a pretty thing.

So, it's spring and elves come to trade. I think it's kind of their mating habit that they took from their beloved animals - do nonsence things in efforts of showing themselfes as proper candidate for coupling. Anyway, we get our profit from that.

And there comes another beast, this time made of flame

I think there will be a lot of fire down there.

Elves brought kobold's ambush with them. We don't have time to waste on them. We seized everything valuable from elves instead, and I'm goingto let them thought the caverns...

So, now we've reclaimed low and middle parts of old fortress. The quarters at the top part are still occupied by zombies, but I think I'll leave them as is.

There was an accident with giant cave spider, an then another with undead cave spider... But now everything is fine.

Next step is - The Temple.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, we didn't take over the Temple.
The reason is that those halls are infested with zombies again. Blind cave ogre came from the cavern and killed a few peasants, and a few recruits who tried to stop him. Then undead dwarves killed the ogre. Now we're waiting for archers to FINALLY PICK THEIR FUCKING EQUIPMENT UP and come down to do SOME SHOOTINGS, PLEASE!!!!

Till then that section is locked.

Also, we're under siege that behaves as usual - fights undeads.

And a child got posessed and made this:

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trapfailure. Dat name  :o 8)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18