Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 440960 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1155 on: May 04, 2016, 06:37:50 pm »

Thank you, Culise.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 04, 2016, 06:42:53 pm »

Culise is my new hero.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 04, 2016, 07:49:24 pm »

Thank you Culise. The on topic fight is the good fight. Speaking of which, here's the link to the specific post about the future update plans: http://stardewvalley.net/post-launch-progress-update-version-1-1-and-more/

Pretty interesting. CA is continuing to work on the game while Chucklefish does the stuff like porting and multiplayer that would slow down development otherwise. The list for 1.1 looks nice too:

More late-game content
    New farm buildings
    New crops
    New artisan goods
    New advanced farming/producing mechanics
    Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
    More marriage content for all spouses
    More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
    Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
    Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
    More bug fixes
    More secrets
    More small, fun touches to the world

Should be fun.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 04, 2016, 08:15:36 pm »

You know, this discussion ran away from me. All I should've said was that sure, maybe most of them are white, but it's kind of boring that they all had the same facial structure when the portraits were supposed to be realistic.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 06, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »

You know, this discussion ran away from me. All I should've said was that sure, maybe most of them are white, but it's kind of boring that they all had the same facial structure when the portraits were supposed to be realistic.
Dude. Stop.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 06, 2016, 06:22:37 pm »

I'm... kind of dreading the Chucklefish involvement. They somehow managed to make Starbound work in a way that I experienced internet lag like effects while playing singleplayer. Like graphics seemingly being a full second behind the hitboxes during this one boss fight? I don't exactly associate them with technical excellence.

Then again, maybe they learned something from it? Doing good netcode is not exactly the easiest thing to learn either, so they might still get better results than Concerned Ape would've gotten alone. I dunno.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 06, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »

The best part about Starbound was the multiplayer, and I never had any issues with it. The way the game plays in single player will not be affected by the work they do on the multiplayer side. They also have experience with netcode whereas CA doesn't. I trust them to get it done well and faster then he could. Yeah, Starbound didn't turn out the way people wanted, but people seem to have a lot of irrational fears about Chucklefish. Before SV came out, I remember a ton of people were going on about how they wouldn't buy the game because Chucklefish were publishing it, when in reality they had nothing to do with the actual programming of the game and they have published amazing games before.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 06, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »

It still didn't work for me. Cool that it worked for you, but that still doesn't undo it. And that was like 1.5-2 years after the initial release, so not exactly a raw version.

And how are pre-release fears of them doing programming relevant to your argument? They are confirmed to be getting involved in the programming now. If anything it kinda validates the pre-release fears. Co-op was an announced feature, and now Chucklefish are gonna be involved in it as programmers. Isn't that what those people were afraid of?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Well that's likely an issue on your end. I put 30 hours into Starbound the week it came out playing online with a bunch of people from B12 on three different servers. Never had any issues related to the multiplayer itself.

And you used an example of the singleplayer side of Starbound being choppy for you, which has nothing to do with the work Chucklefish will be doing on Stardew Valley. They're not going to be touching the gameplay, as CA as said, he wants full control of the gameplay. All they're doing is multiplayer, something that CA has admitted he has little to no experience with and is something that would take him much longer to do than an experienced netcode developer, taking away time from working on singleplayer. I'd rather have CA working on singleplayer and Chucklefish working on multiplayer than CA trying to balance both to be honest.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 10, 2016, 07:10:29 pm »

Started playing again, finally in a relationship with Alex. I'm really impressed with his character develo--

Spoiler: Alex Dialogue (click to show/hide)

...But that's the only reason I loved you :( That, and the weights.

Also, am I the only one that finds a little bit ironic that one of the big goals in the game is getting your farm to automate itself? I mean, you're returning to that dull office life you were trying to escape, essentially!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:31:45 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 11, 2016, 01:49:34 am »

I mean- that's what people do on Minecraft too. But then you start to get it when the automation means that you are freed to go do something else. Like, dungeoneering.

Besides, unlike office work, it's not like you can't farm while your machine farm your farm as you farm.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 12, 2016, 12:04:23 am »

Tons of other things, too. You're free to hang out with people and immerse yourself in the community. Watch tv. Go to the desert, collect all the coconuts and comb the whole area with your hoe. Plow your wife instead of your fields. Go fishing all day.

You know, whatever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:40 pm »

Basically the upshot is that you don't have a boss.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 13, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »

And isn't that really what we all wish for?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 03, 2016, 06:30:47 am »

The 1.1 update should be up sometime today (outside of beta), according to some sources.
Unfortunately, this won't be the Multiplayer version. Which is said to be out sometime this winter instead.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 91