Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441209 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #795 on: March 06, 2016, 05:15:38 am »

Sir, I hope you do not mean to suggest that I, a gentleman of decorum and breeding, should wear a fedora?

Wear the Hard Hat or the Sailor Hat and play YMCA by Village People. You know you want to.

PS: I finished the game still lacking like half the artifacts and one mineral, and I was popping around 200 geodes weekly on last winter. Maybe I just didn't treasure hunt enough while fishing.  ::)

Oh Gods. If only I could remove my character's shirt!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 06, 2016, 05:19:26 am »

I was popping around 200 geodes weekly on last winter.

How in the heck did you get so many geodes? I swear my lucky days are abysmally few and far between. I get maybe 3-4 geodes per average mine run.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 06, 2016, 05:36:28 am »

How in the heck did you get so many geodes? I swear my lucky days are abysmally few and far between. I get maybe 3-4 geodes per average mine run.

I haven't scored those numbers, but bombs help a great deal. Once you get yourself a steady supply of charcoal (charcoal burners ARE useful, in large numbers), you can spend your excess/obsolete copper or iron ore to make boom-booms. Evfen a single, well-placed cherry bomb, can net you a few geodes with a little luck.

Also, remember to watch television. While I am not sure that the Spirits' disposition affects anything other than harvest quality, it can't heard to save your strip mining expedition for a day when they are in good... erm, spirits.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 06, 2016, 05:59:38 am »

On spirits:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 06, 2016, 06:33:06 am »

Spoiler: Because (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 06, 2016, 07:25:50 am »

These Boxes around the village...
Anyone???

EDIT::
This is what I am planning for my new Farm this round...
https://stardew.info/planner/9d47eb39-f822-459e-b6dd-ade9f3a36f0d/#
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:27:19 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 06, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »

I see people complain that the days are too short, am I the only one who doesn't have an issue with that? I tend to use up my entire energy bar by 4pm, and sleep shortly after. I also don't socialize a whole lot though, maybe that's part of it? I just deliver my man his eggs every day and talk to a few people on the way to any shops and stuff.

Also, what does "watering can proficiency" and the like from skill levels entail? Using less energy per swing?

I don't think so, never saw'em. But a friend of mine told me that coal foraged from the beach has quality levels. I think this only happens there.

Now, though, I have fallen in love after seeing my mate Alex lifting weights in his bedroom. I have a seasons worth stash of his favorite vegetable and he will love me. Working on getting my coop so that he can love me even more. I visit every day.

Out of curiosity, does the same-sex relationships flow normally or is there something off? I just ask this because there's certain days where Alex says 'he wish the town had more girls, you know what I mean?', and that if you don't raise hearts with Haley she usually talks a lot about Alex or Sam (can't remember), so I'm wondering how the game handles that, or if there's some different bits to dialogue on same-sex relationships.

One of my long goals (for when SV becomes a casual game for me) is to get 10 hearts with everyone, and I only got 'bro' scenes from the dudes - I think I'm only up to 6 hearts with them - so I'm wondering if there's different scenes.
And even though I'm married and got kids, there was a scene with one of the girls that had a "(creepy) Give me a kiss" dialogue option.. would be funny if there were bits and pieces different for certain situations, but that would be a lot of work just for some funny moments. I didn't choose to be creepy because I had an option to be philosophical, and nothing like being philosophical to guarantee you won't be getting any kisses.

Everything seems the same to me so far. In fact the only time I've seen anything like that (so far) is in that scene with Leah. The scenes with the other girls (I've seen scenes with Maru, Abby, and Haley) have been pretty bro-tier? Though I haven't gotten them to 6 or 8.

The ones with the guys are the same, though I think perception might color it.

Edit: I don't think town dialogue changes, but I don't know how they react at getting a bouquet, so I'm curious there - a la Alex's wishing there were more girls. He says that in my game even though he has 4 hearts currently just because I always manage to talk to him every day hahaha.

Alex is pretty girl-centric. He also says something about

I've decided that he just is repressing his bisexuality because of his grandparents. Headcannon for the win.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:21:38 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 06, 2016, 02:25:10 pm »

Issue with the day length starts once you are buying/making/acquiring food to restore energy. Then you're always at 100% energy but always running out of time.
I think even with the horse and speed boost it can feel too fast when, for instance, you're distributing a lot of gifts. But time management is a part of the game, I guess.
I'd prefer that 10 seconds real-life were 10 minutes in-game (it seems it's 6 seconds = 10 minutes), though.

An yep, proficiency lowers energy use.

Luck, more bombs than what should be legal for the average farmer to carry, mining rank and good locations. That's all I can say.  :P
I was even thinking on suggesting the dev to make a way to mass-process geodes, because in end-game it takes too many minutes and is really boring.

But regarding luck..I always had bad luck in this game. On that wheel of fortune on one of the events, I lost 10 times and won 0 times, and you'd think it's a 50/50 chance..
The spirits really hated me for some reason even though I have a shrine to Armok. Damn heathens.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:53:40 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 06, 2016, 02:31:19 pm »

On spirits:

Note that geodes are affected by the luck when you acquire them, not the luck when you open them.

Sir, I hope you do not mean to suggest that I, a gentleman of decorum and breeding, should wear a fedora?

Wear the Hard Hat or the Sailor Hat and play YMCA by Village People. You know you want to.

PS: I finished the game still lacking like half the artifacts and one mineral, and I was popping around 200 geodes weekly on last winter. Maybe I just didn't treasure hunt enough while fishing.  ::)

Oh Gods. If only I could remove my character's shirt!

I think there's a shirt that looks like no shirt, you'll have to get access to the character customizer though, which you can access in-game if you fulfill the requirements.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 06, 2016, 02:53:25 pm »

EDIT::
This is what I am planning for my new Farm this round...
https://stardew.info/planner/9d47eb39-f822-459e-b6dd-ade9f3a36f0d/#

Unless you want to have to pick up and replace those iridium sprinklers on the right side, you don't have a way to harvest the middle hops.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 06, 2016, 03:19:50 pm »

Days feel really short when you're spelunking

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 06, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 06, 2016, 03:48:47 pm »

WOW the punishment for death in the mines is...harsh, to say the least. I lost over 1000 gold, every weapon I owned and most of my tools, and a couple elevator buttons to boot. That is...never going to happen again.  :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 06, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 06, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

WOW the punishment for death in the mines is...harsh, to say the least. I lost over 1000 gold, every weapon I owned and most of my tools, and a couple elevator buttons to boot. That is...never going to happen again.  :(

I've quit and reloaded a few times because of it.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 91