Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441249 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #750 on: March 05, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »

Out of curiosity, does the same-sex relationships flow normally or is there something off? I just ask this because there's certain days where Alex says 'he wish the town had more girls, you know what I mean?', and that if you don't raise hearts with Haley she usually talks a lot about Alex or Sam (can't remember), so I'm wondering how the game handles that, or if there's some different bits to dialogue on same-sex relationships.
If you court Penny you find out (at eight hearts) that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which has very different implications depending on the player's gender.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:25:32 am by Cruxador »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:36 pm »

Out of curiosity, does the same-sex relationships flow normally or is there something off? I just ask this because there's certain days where Alex says 'he wish the town had more girls, you know what I mean?', and that if you don't raise hearts with Haley she usually talks a lot about Alex or Sam (can't remember), so I'm wondering how the game handles that, or if there's some different bits to dialogue on same-sex relationships.
If you court Penny you find out (at eight hearts) that she's been having sex with Sam the whole time, which has very different implications depending on the player's gender.

Penny? Huh, who would've thought. But "different implications" on a game mechanic way, or in a roleplaying way? I still haven't found anything with real implications, I think.

Everything seems the same to me so far. In fact the only time I've seen anything like that (so far) is in that scene with Leah. The scenes with the other girls (I've seen scenes with Maru, Abby, and Haley) have been pretty bro-tier? Though I haven't gotten them to 6 or 8.

The ones with the guys are the same, though I think perception might color it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I don't think town dialogue changes, but I don't know how they react at getting a bouquet, so I'm curious there - a la Alex's wishing there were more girls. He says that in my game even though he has 4 hearts currently just because I always manage to talk to him every day hahaha.

That's true, everything depends on perception. I think the only other cutscenes with a 'marriable' character I've been unlocking is with Leah, and I guess it all really depends on how you want to perceive it..which is a smart way to not have to write for different circumstances and genders.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 05, 2016, 06:56:34 pm »

Random question, has anyone actually found a Cave Carrot that is silver or gold starred? They supposedly exist but I've collected some 400 of them without seeing anything but the basic quality ones.
You could maybe try putting one in a seed maker and growing the seeds if you get anything. I don't think drops from crates/barrels can have a quality.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 05, 2016, 07:03:13 pm »

I'm really glad the dev is in close contact with the community. I was having issues getting Leah's 10 heart event to to happen so I tweeted the dev about it and he responded with how to edit my save game to fix it. That's quality customer support right there.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 05, 2016, 07:21:01 pm »

Crux, I really wish you had put that bit in spoiler tags.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 05, 2016, 08:05:04 pm »

I've gotten quality levels on all sorts of foraged items ranging from coral to coal.  I wouldn't be surprised to find cave carrots had quality levels at all.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 05, 2016, 08:08:58 pm »

Unless I've just missed them entirely, you never actually forage cave carrots, they just drop from barrels and crates in the mines.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 05, 2016, 08:19:24 pm »

Unless I've just missed them entirely, you never actually forage cave carrots, they just drop from barrels and crates in the mines.
The vast majority of mine have come from hoeing the sand/mud patches in the mine, rather than from crates. It is also counting as foraging when they are acquired, at least as far as skill gain is concerned. The hoeing itself also trains farming.

I've gotten quality levels on all sorts of foraged items ranging from coral to coal.  I wouldn't be surprised to find cave carrots had quality levels at all.
Yep, that's what I would expect and it seems that the data is there in the game files but they don't seem to be actually spawning with higher quality levels. Could just be a bug.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:21:27 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 05, 2016, 09:30:17 pm »

I've finally got to the 'ending'. Lemme break it down for different sorts of people.

Spoiler: Rating (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Further on Rating (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Opinion/Reaction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Complete Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My compulsion has come to an end. My soul is free again. :P
If you gonna quote me, be careful not to end up quoting/reading spoilers accidentally.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:31:49 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 05, 2016, 09:34:15 pm »

If you court Penny you find out (at eight hearts) that she's been having sex with Sam the whole time, which has very different implications depending on the player's gender.

That's not.. quite... what the wiki says. I'm not saying the wiki is correct but I'd assume it would be with the amount of people editing.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 05, 2016, 09:43:28 pm »

That's not.. quite... what the wiki says. I'm not saying the wiki is correct but I'd assume it would be with the amount of people editing.

What is actually said is "I saw Sam helping Ms Penny into a tree, will I be as strong as him?" by Vincent.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 05, 2016, 09:56:47 pm »

That should really all be in spoilers. There's not much plot but I'm sure someone is bothered by it.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 05, 2016, 10:12:10 pm »

That should be spoilered, I agree. Especially with how new the game is.  :-X
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:38:03 pm by variablenonsense »
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 05, 2016, 10:25:47 pm »

I'm sort of courting Alex and Maru at the same time. Not sure which one I'm going to choose when it comes down to it.

Someone should introduce the dev to polyamory!

"It's like one of those harem animes, but with more sex!"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 05, 2016, 10:28:22 pm »

How big a house would you need to qualify for the "all of them" route, anyway?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 91