Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441306 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #660 on: March 03, 2016, 09:01:07 am »

Damn, if I had found a Snow Yam on the first day of winter. I would have NEVER had a single day where there wasn't something growing on my Farm...

EDIT:: Their located under the Worms...  I had the Hoe in the shop cause I missclicked thinking it was the Axe... orz

EDIT2:: 3 down 3 to go...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Halfway done and first year is pretty good I reckon...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:28:52 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 03, 2016, 09:27:36 am »

That takes half the day to water? Maybe I'm just lucky but the cart had iridium sprinklers quite often for me. I stockpiled five of them during the winter.
WHAT CART!!!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2016, 09:27:57 am »

That takes half the day to water? Maybe I'm just lucky but the cart had iridium sprinklers quite often for me. I stockpiled five of them during the winter.
WHAT CART!!!
There's a gypsy cart in the north of the forest. If you go straight west from the bottom exit of the farm, you should see it after a bit. She sells various random things at super expensive prices, but for things like Ancient Seeds or Iridium Sprinklers it can be worth it. That's where I got my pufferfish after I got tired of spending every single summer day trying to catch one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:31 am »

Ah that cart, I thought you meant one in the Mines or something. Yeah Annoyingly the first time she had them for sale, I was poor...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:40 am »

Not everyone can leave things running like that in the long term. Imagine a house with small children running around. The baby cries, the toddler screams, and you aren't going to have time to play again for at least a few days. You might be surprised how common a situation this is. It's not always feasible to just leave it running. And really, the idea that the only solution to the lack of basic functionality is to leave everything running until you have time to come back is just kind of ridiculous. I'm really extremely surprised and disappointed to see that a developer who put so much thought and effort into the little things somehow managed to miss such a major issue. Gamers aren't all teenagers these days. People have things to do. It is never a good idea to punish the player for having a life, unless the only players you want are the ones who have no life. And that's a much smaller demographic than most people might think.

Sounds fair enough.  I just figured that (at bare minimum) it was a better option than quitting without saving. 

I am sad to see that you feel personally slighted by indie developers making business decisions like this though.  To him it was more like "do I eat bread and water rations for another X months writing save anywhere code or do I try to finally get a paycheck after years of working on a single product".  That kind of time is worth tens of thousands of dollars to someone that could just quit making games and get a job in private industry.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:36 am »

Once you get access to the sewers, there is a chance you can purchase sprinklers there.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 03, 2016, 11:16:18 am »

Once you get access to the sewers, there is a chance you can purchase sprinklers there.

I haven't seen an artifact in quite awhile and digging up the beach hasn't yielded any glass yet.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 03, 2016, 11:18:09 am »

It's easiest to get artifact count from minerals. Go down to 100 or 110 in the mine, dig up 20 omnigeodes or so and you'll almost certainly get a few new minerals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 03, 2016, 12:56:21 pm »

My mining is around level 8 so I have gotten a lot of that. I need to unlock the desert to see what's there.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #669 on: March 03, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »

Stardew Valley + Factorio would be incredibly awesome. It always annoys me in the these games that after a while it's basically a daily grind. An addictive grind, but a grind nonetheless. Imagine building complex automated moving sprinkling devices. Or hiring farmhands. It'd be pretty great...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 03, 2016, 01:14:49 pm »

Or hiring farmhands.

Not in Factorio at all, but multiplayer Stardew is coming.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 03, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »

Stardew Valley + Factorio would be incredibly awesome. It always annoys me in the these games that after a while it's basically a daily grind. An addictive grind, but a grind nonetheless. Imagine building complex automated moving sprinkling devices. Or hiring farmhands. It'd be pretty great...

This. :)

I just need one item to finish the Community Center..I guess I'll keep visiting the cart and exploding mines until someone gives it to me.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 03, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »

Not everyone can leave things running like that in the long term. Imagine a house with small children running around. The baby cries, the toddler screams, and you aren't going to have time to play again for at least a few days. You might be surprised how common a situation this is. It's not always feasible to just leave it running. And really, the idea that the only solution to the lack of basic functionality is to leave everything running until you have time to come back is just kind of ridiculous. I'm really extremely surprised and disappointed to see that a developer who put so much thought and effort into the little things somehow managed to miss such a major issue. Gamers aren't all teenagers these days. People have things to do. It is never a good idea to punish the player for having a life, unless the only players you want are the ones who have no life. And that's a much smaller demographic than most people might think.

Sounds fair enough.  I just figured that (at bare minimum) it was a better option than quitting without saving. 

I am sad to see that you feel personally slighted by indie developers making business decisions like this though.  To him it was more like "do I eat bread and water rations for another X months writing save anywhere code or do I try to finally get a paycheck after years of working on a single product".  That kind of time is worth tens of thousands of dollars to someone that could just quit making games and get a job in private industry.

It's perfectly reasonable to be upset when devs don't include a feature that's very important to being able to play the game.  Everyone understands there are tradeoffs involved in development.  We can still be sad and upset that things we really want/need to enjoy a game aren't included. 

There's no need to dismiss what someone else is saying by implying that they're overly-sensitive and ignorant (which is what you're doing).
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 03, 2016, 04:05:30 pm »

I think I recall seeing it as an ingredient to craft your own feed, but that's about it. Plus there's beer, but I don't have a keg yet. It really is strange, and a bit upsetting because I bought lots of seeds for it because it has a very quick growing cycle.

Then again, hops is very profitable, since once it's grown, it produces every single day if watered.

I saved all my hops to make pale ale, you can make a ton more money that way once you have a keg.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 03, 2016, 04:12:09 pm »

Oh damn. Summer finished and I forgot to test if we can make animal feed with wheat..did anyone try this?
The grass update was really good and balanced it pretty well, I even had to trim some grass fields, so it feels right. But I should've made a ton of hay for the winter and rainy days already.
I wish there was a Wheat Flour recipe too, and Sugar Canes. And it's funny how Rabbits seem more profitable and cheaper than Sheep.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 91