Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441371 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2016, 12:53:28 pm »

No.
Marginally less interested in the game, now.

... still interested, mind, but if you could I might have impulse bought :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2016, 01:25:41 pm »

The number of times I have accidentally sold an item I just bought or was clicking through dialogue and accidentally bought something....

Also, really hate the fishing minigame. Even if you caught something it took 1/4 of the day to do so. I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to run out of energy while fishing all day long and your inventory is probably not full of fish. All my other skills are 7 or 8. Fishing sits at 1.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:07:44 pm by BigD145 »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:12 pm »

ARGH just accidentally sold the melon I was supposed to deliver to someone. That really is ridiculous. A simple confirm dialogue is a pretty obvious move there.

Also, am I really the only one not getting any light from carried torches? It's STILL broken for me. Tried it in the middle of the night - held torch in hand, no change in light level. No one else seems to be having this problem...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

I've never once used a torch. One of my first drops was a ring that gave off light.

If torches don't work, maybe see about acquiring one.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »

ARGH just accidentally sold the melon I was supposed to deliver to someone. That really is ridiculous. A simple confirm dialogue is a pretty obvious move there.

Unless you need money right that day, does anyone even sell straight to merchants? A dialogue confirm would get annoying if selling en masse, but who does that?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »

Unless you need money right that day, does anyone even sell straight to merchants? A dialogue confirm would get annoying if selling en masse, but who does that?

Only with a few items that the shipping box will not accept but the merchant does like swords to the guildmaster.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2016, 02:24:47 pm »

Only with a few items that the shipping box will not accept but the merchant does like swords to the guildmaster.

Those take up too much space for a couple hundred money. I generally toss things like that.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2016, 02:30:36 pm »

I also get the torches not giving off light bug. I don't know how I fixed it, but it comes back after a while. Try dropping them on the ground, or placing them down then axing them back up. I know that there were some torches inside the mines that I picked up and they gave off no light afterwards, and some fenangling with the inventory seemed to fix it. Maybe get rid of all your torches then make new ones?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2016, 02:36:18 pm »

I agree that the merchants need some sort of confirmation, but I'd vouch for a buy backtab. I had brought 60 califlower seeds and then sold it all back to him accidentally. That hurt the wallet a bit, since after winter I was pretty poor.
There's also an exploit/issue on year 2, Pierre (merchant) seems to be selling fertilizers that were supposed to cost like 800 per unit, for 80 per unit..which is bad.
I won't even exploit it because I'm having a great time doing things legit, but if people on year 2 start claiming to have 1000 tiles of perfect crops, you now know why.

I have like, 500 tiles of sprinkled fields. I'm hoping this will be enough, or I won't have space for animals and stuff.

About torches, even with the Glow Ring (not Small Glow Ring), sometimes it emits a very faint light for some reason, like close to/after 12AM and in certain levels of the mine (as in, 'the previous level was too dark, now it's not anymore'). It might have to do with the "today spirits are disturbed" thing, but probably not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:38:01 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 01, 2016, 02:56:34 pm »

The number of times I have accidentally sold an item I just bought or was clicking through dialogue and accidentally bought something....

Also, really hate the fishing minigame. Even if you caught something it took 1/4 of the day to do so. I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to run out of energy while fishing all day long and your inventory is probably not full of fish. All my other skills are 7 or 8. Fishing sits at 1.

I have to say I have no opinion on how good/bad you are at fishing, but once you get a few ranks (I currently have rank 6) and a better rod, it's VERY easy to use up all your energy and get an inventory full of fish, as well as several thousand g a day.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 01, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »

I have to say I have no opinion on how good/bad you are at fishing, but once you get a few ranks (I currently have rank 6) and a better rod, it's VERY easy to use up all your energy and get an inventory full of fish, as well as several thousand g a day.

Getting those ranks takes a bunch of time no matter how good or bad you are. Most of that time is waiting and not doing anything but hovering over your mouse buttons.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 01, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »

I dislike fishing too, but I waited until the second rod (I figured the second one allowed you to use bait), and that helped a lot. About the energy..can't you eat the fish themselves for energy boost? I don't really fish for profit, though, so I have no idea. I know some people do 6k+ daily on the first year from fishing, but that's definitely not a way I'd play.  ::)
If you REALLY hate fishing, here's how I would do it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And since I dislike fishing, I spoiled myself the conditions to catch the last fishes I need for the bundles. No surprise: they are all caught on rainy days...I always used rainy days for exploring the mines.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:48:01 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 01, 2016, 04:00:36 pm »

Spoiler: Rod unlocks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:02:27 pm by Culise »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2016, 04:47:58 pm »

I have yet to even see a fiberglass rod. Only bamboo is for sale.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 91