Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441428 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #495 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50:31 am »

Hrm... The new Harvey images don't seem to work right. :( It's replacing his walking-around sprite instead of his face. Maybe I'm replacing the wrong file?

EDIT: Ah, I think I found it. It's in the "dialogue" folder, right?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 29, 2016, 09:14:29 am »

New update, they reduced the scarecrow range to 8 tiles.

Do Rarecrows have the same effect as normal scarecrows?

8 tiles!? That sounds pretty small. I'm going to have to redo my entire crop layout now.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:57 am »

New update, they reduced the scarecrow range to 8 tiles.

Do Rarecrows have the same effect as normal scarecrows?

8 tiles!? That sounds pretty small. I'm going to have to redo my entire crop layout now.

It's still a pretty decent area covered. Need to space them separations of 8 by 16 for full coverage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 29, 2016, 09:43:23 am »

Hrm... The new Harvey images don't seem to work right. :( It's replacing his walking-around sprite instead of his face. Maybe I'm replacing the wrong file?

EDIT: Ah, I think I found it. It's in the "dialogue" folder, right?

No, replace the one in the Portraits folder. I've been using it for the last few hours, no issues.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #499 on: February 29, 2016, 09:51:43 am »

Thanks. There are a surprising number of files with the same name!

Have the torches stopped working for everyone else, too? I mean, when you're carrying them? Before, they would provide light while I walked around. Now they don't. I hope it's just a bug and not intentional because it's really annoying trying to walk around at night with no light.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 29, 2016, 10:02:37 am »

I haven't tried this morning when the game updated, but the last time you mentioned it I held a torch in that cave on the farm and it did provide minor amount of light.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:46 am »

Is there a sustainable way to feed farm animals? I planted a bunch of grass outside the barn but they ate it all within a few days.

Have the torches stopped working for everyone else, too? I mean, when you're carrying them? Before, they would provide light while I walked around. Now they don't. I hope it's just a bug and not intentional because it's really annoying trying to walk around at night with no light.

That's strange, I just tested it out and the torches still work fine for me.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 29, 2016, 11:58:13 am »

Feeding the farm animals feels wrong / unbalanced.
You can't really plant grass on their pasture, or they'll go through it in 1-2 days. People have been reporting planting Grass Starters and waiting whole seasons for very little additional grass to grow.
I planted a patch of 10 grass and in 10 days it only grew maybe 2 or 3 new tiles..which is pretty terrible.

So what I'm doing is growing grass on a locked area for the animals, and when there's enough grass I'll let'em feast on it for a day or two, then back to hay. I also keep planting some patches around the farm, but really I made Marnie my Hay supplier.. However, the dev should knock the price of hay down to 15, or at least make grass grow faster.

Still, it costs 5.600G per 4 animals per season. Turning the produce into Artisan Goods still make having animals profitable (Mayonaisse is 100G, Hay is 50G and all that), but it's too much work for low profit and it feels wrong having to buy Hay having so much farm space and 'good soil' to plant grass.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 29, 2016, 12:07:39 pm »

If you have a silo, you get fodder when you cut grass. That's where the intended balance is.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 29, 2016, 12:09:40 pm »

I just found out the hard way that all the wild grass disappears once winter hits. I was saving cutting grass as a winter chore. My poor silo was only half full. Woops!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 29, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »

I just found out the hard way that all the wild grass disappears once winter hits. I was saving cutting grass as a winter chore. My poor silo was only half full. Woops!

Good to know, thanks. That would've screwed me.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 29, 2016, 12:12:18 pm »

It's sad that the grass completely disappear when eaten or cut. Real grass will grow back up as long as you do not uproot it. It would make much more sense, and make buying grass pack for your enclosures actually worthwhile.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 29, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »

It's sad that the grass completely disappear when eaten or cut. Real grass will grow back up as long as you do not uproot it. It would make much more sense, and make buying grass pack for your enclosures actually worthwhile.

Maybe suggest it to the dev? The game's not exactly realistic when it comes to its farming, but it's a valid suggestion for balance reasons.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 29, 2016, 12:23:18 pm »

Anyone able to say if using star quality ingredients effects items made from it? Just randomly picked up a gold star quartz and would like to know if smelting it to refined quartz would be worthwhile or if it is better to keep for gifting/selling.

I haven't tried smelting yet...but I preserved a lot of silver and gold starred crops before noticing that the preserves created were all of the same quality and price as preserves made from normal crops.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29:35 pm »

My game crashes every time I sleep now. I made it all the way to winter and I don't think I have the enthusiasm to start from the beginning again.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91