Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441425 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2016, 03:59:47 pm »

I just realized something about the forager skill mentioned earlier. Do you think by wood being worth 50% more it actually means you gather 50% more wood?
E: Actually, probably not, that would actually be useful.
You can sell wood for 3 gold apiece instead of 2 gold each. You can get a stack of wood in a single day, so its worth it if you ever consider selling.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2016, 04:20:19 pm »

Speaking of drugs, I had a request from Sam the other day to bring him a red mushroom for some project of his. Didn't consider it too much until me thanked me in a rather specific way, saying that he expected someone like me to fulfill the request. Hmmm..

Also, about fences, am I the only one who's baffled at the progression in the last two tiers?
Hardwood fence is better than the iron one, even though you can get access to hardwood sooner and it's much cheaper in terms of raw resource cost. Yet, it comes later in the crafting unlocks.

I basically skipped iron completely because there was always something better I could do with it than a fence, and by the time I could reliably get it I had plenty of hardwood for the better fence anyways. Seems like a really odd decision there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 28, 2016, 04:29:06 pm »

Speaking of drugs, I had a request from Sam the other day to bring him a red mushroom for some project of his. Didn't consider it too much until me thanked me in a rather specific way, saying that he expected someone like me to fulfill the request. Hmmm..

Also, about fences, am I the only one who's baffled at the progression in the last two tiers?
Hardwood fence is better than the iron one, even though you can get access to hardwood sooner and it's much cheaper in terms of raw resource cost. Yet, it comes later in the crafting unlocks.

I basically skipped iron completely because there was always something better I could do with it than a fence, and by the time I could reliably get it I had plenty of hardwood for the better fence anyways. Seems like a really odd decision there.

Yeah, I don't think ConcernedApe knows that much about forestry. You've got oak trees all over your farm, but they just give regular wood even though oak is a hardwood. Yet chopping up some hollow fallen log apparently gives you sturdier wood than a strong healthy oak tree. Doesn't make much sense.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »

I just realized something about the forager skill mentioned earlier. Do you think by wood being worth 50% more it actually means you gather 50% more wood?
E: Actually, probably not, that would actually be useful.
You can sell wood for 3 gold apiece instead of 2 gold each. You can get a stack of wood in a single day, so its worth it if you ever consider selling.
Dedicating myself to tree farming could actually be pretty effective, I've been spending, like, two in game days trying to cut down all the wild trees and I'm still not done.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 28, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

Yeah, I don't think ConcernedApe knows that much about forestry. You've got oak trees all over your farm, but they just give regular wood even though oak is a hardwood. Yet chopping up some hollow fallen log apparently gives you sturdier wood than a strong healthy oak tree. Doesn't make much sense.

Oh I'm mostly okay with a adaptation like that, it's a game after all. I'm having an issue with the progression part since it seems nonsensical both from a real world standpoint and from a gaming one, so I can't really figure out the justification for it.
AS - IG

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

I'm more concerned with the fact that he has the chickens eating grass...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2016, 04:48:39 pm »

Well the buggers are omnivores after all.
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »

Spoiler: This girl, I swear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other question (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:52:25 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »

Spoiler: Akura (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

Spoiler: Other question (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 28, 2016, 05:38:59 pm »

It's really awesome to come here and see everyone else also having a blast. I'm almost done with fall, almost 10 hearts with the girl, Stable half-way built.
I also died on the level 99 of the dungeon because I was trying to save my last piece of food for later, since I was 3 tiles away from the stair. That hurt my feelings. The spirits were disturbed alright.  :'(

I'm kinda curious to see how the horse works. The pet is, honestly, cute but rather annoying. He has the amazing habit of sleeping in front of the door inside the house, so I have to use a sword or some tool to slowly clip through him. Doesn't happen often, but it happened at 1:30 AM and I really didn't want to collapse..  :P

And the only actual bug I found was that, for some reason, sometimes you'll have nothing selected on your toolbar. This would be fine, but right-clicking a machine (like a Furnace) in this state will break it and drop it and spends energy..and sometimes it doesn't give you the machine back. I ALT+F4'd because it deleted two Furnaces. As a bonus, if you are pushing your luck with low energy, you could go exhausted by breaking a machine accidentally.  ::)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2016, 06:15:36 pm »

The only hardwood you can access before iron is random drops in the mine, and you can get iron the same way. You need iron tools to actually harvest hardwood so it makes sense that iron comes before hardwood in the tiering. Iron is also ridiculously plentiful, just go run around in the 40-60 of the mine and you'll come out with easily a dozen bar's worth.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2016, 06:21:21 pm »

You only need copper tools to bust stumps and get hardwood.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2016, 06:24:22 pm »

Here's stuff about the Horse in case someone don't want to go in blind like me.
Protip: Build the stable as close to your house as you can. I didn't.  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You only need copper tools to bust stumps and get hardwood.
Let's just say that, to make hardwood renewable, one needs iron tools.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:56 pm »

Hey so I've never played a Harvest Moon-like before. I do tend to like strategy/management games and I also quite liked Animal Crossing apart from when it punished me for not playing every day. Is this the kind of thing you think I might like or is it a very different type of game?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 91