Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441405 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #420 on: February 28, 2016, 06:45:39 am »

Jesus christ I leave one part of my farm alone for one second and the lwest side is overrun by trees!
There are so many of them! When I grew them they took almost a month to get to full size!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2016, 08:18:21 am »

Heh....
So, Demetri came to the farm, suggested on using the cave there to encourage some natural growth, bats or mushrooms...

Well I had to answer someone out of game, turns out that that moves the chat along and the game selected one that was highlighted at that time. I can't remember tbh. BUT I also can't go check until I upgrade my Pick or something, CAUSE THE METEOR IS IN FRONT OF THE ENTRANCE!!!

ALSO:: Did no realize that Spring was a 28day season... Shitakimushrooms!!! THEY ALL ARE 28day Seasons!!!

AND::
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:47:52 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2016, 09:14:44 am »

Spoiler: Saw the scene where (click to show/hide)

Might be a bug, but I was throwing some copper ore into the furnace. When the last batch was in, I accidentally right-clicked the furnace with the empty hotbar slot, uprooting the furnace and destroying the ore/coal that was inside.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:22 am »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 28, 2016, 10:09:03 am »

IS anyone doing it for their first Playthrough???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2016, 10:11:13 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:06 am »

My brother sent me this very... strange image yesterday. Spoilers for the mines, and not very classy

I'm just going to say that at character creation 'favorite thing' prooobably should have been more specific than 'thing'.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:00:38 am by OzyTheSage »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2016, 11:01:18 am »

I found a bit of an exploit that is useful if you need clay for your silo

I'm loving the game so far. Except fishing. Fishing makes me want to throw my controller across the room.  :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2016, 11:09:18 am »

I wonder why everyone finds fishing so frustrating? Most of the fish that you catch near the beginning (at least for me) have been really easy. But then the difficulty spikes on them. Catching my first... I think it was a catfish... was the most frustrating thing. Then there was the pike. Maybe the game just isn't intuitive to some people? It even shows a little tutorial. Is it because people don't know you can click and hold the mouse button?

Also, I got a diamond from a treasure chest while fishing, so there's another bonus for you. I tend to bring my rod everywhere and use it while I'm waiting for stores to open etc. I do feel that some of the fish sell for rather low considering how difficult some of them are to catch. Largemouth bass and Pike are both 100g, I think, and yet largemouth bass is much easier to catch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:04 am »

ARGLEBARGLE!!!

So I found a neat level 3 sword in the dungeon, served me nicely, but I had some spare cash so I decided to check out what was on offer in the guild. There was a level 4 cutlass for 1500 gold, a bit expensive but the upgrade was well worth it. Then I remember I had a slayer quest completed with gill, so I go to check what he has for me.
It was a level 5 sword :I
Ok, fine, I'll eat the loss, so I go to sell the freshly bought cutlass for 200 gold, and while I'm in the shop screen I want to move the reward sword into my hotbar, forgetting for a split second that clicking stuff in the shop sells them.

I ragequit at that point, hopefully it didn't save anything :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2016, 11:31:56 am »

I wonder why everyone finds fishing so frustrating? Most of the fish that you catch near the beginning (at least for me) have been really easy. But then the difficulty spikes on them. Catching my first... I think it was a catfish... was the most frustrating thing. Then there was the pike. Maybe the game just isn't intuitive to some people? It even shows a little tutorial. Is it because people don't know you can click and hold the mouse button?

Oh I completely understand the mechanics of it - I'm just horrendously bad at it.  :P

I had to plug in my controller to actually be able to catch anything other than sardines. For some reason using the mouse makes it a lot more difficult for me.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2016, 11:34:19 am »

It only saves the game when you sleep, so as long as you haven't gone to bed you can savescum stuff.
I had to plug in my controller to actually be able to catch anything other than sardines. For some reason using the mouse makes it a lot more difficult for me.
Does the controller give you analog control over the bar?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2016, 11:37:47 am »

I wonder why everyone finds fishing so frustrating?

Probably because some fish are insane to catch.
Fishing is my worst skill, but it is expected that even with the second rod and low skill, you're still gonna have a hard time on some fishes. I believe higher skill means faster and more stable fishing.
IIRC, on old Harvest Moon it all depended on your rod, right?

What annoys me sometimes is when a default fish for the place fights as if it were a shark. You get excited and then you get..a bream.

I'm loving the game too, but I do think that the slow movement speed and no save on quit makes it terrible for people who have kids/are married/have full-time jobs. I'm currently not in any of those, though.  8)
I'm gonna have no mods for the first play through, but next time I'll definitely grab some movement tweaks. I wish some unlockable/buyable/reward boots gave movement bonus. Maybe they exist, but it shouldn't take long to get'em..
Just like in HM, there's the horse. But I'm on 1st of Fall and still don't have enough resources to get it.

However, as some people might suspect after exploring, there is a thing that can help with movement:

Edit: Don't ninja me when I'm using the forum on the phone, people. That's hardcore mode to edit things.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:41:35 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2016, 11:40:55 am »

Some of the fish are absolutely brutal. I've spent over an hour save scumming trying to catch a pufferfish. Tuna are pretty hard, but pufferfish are just ridiculous. I'm close to giving up and saying you need a level 3 rod with tackle to make them even possible.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2016, 11:41:07 am »

IIRC, on old Harvest Moon it all depended on your rod, right?

Depending on game, sometimes it just depending on your sense of timing.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 91