Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441359 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2016, 07:11:31 pm »

Huh, had no idea you could do that, I knew you could break stuff with it, but mostly unintentionally break important stuff, like your jam making machine, losing your last strawberry of the year in the process :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »

GAH hate, HATE, HATE! When you ship the wrong thing and can't get it back... 80 Salmonberries shipped by accident... They were food for mining... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »

I need a dandelion for the thing, but I haven't seen one in the wild in nearly two weeks, and I've only got a week left of Spring. Is there any merchant who sells dandelion seeds, or am I sol?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2016, 08:14:46 pm »

GAH hate, HATE, HATE! When you ship the wrong thing and can't get it back... 80 Salmonberries shipped by accident... They were food for mining... T_T
That's not so bad compared to the original HM, when you try to toss a crop into the shipping box... and miss. Or worse, trying to toss a crop into the horse's saddlebag... and the bugger walks away. You can recover the last item you put in the shipping crate in this game, though.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2016, 08:33:35 pm »

That's not so bad compared to the original HM, when you try to toss a crop into the shipping box... and miss. Or worse, trying to toss a crop into the horse's saddlebag... and the bugger walks away. You can recover the last item you put in the shipping crate in this game, though.

Wow, I almost broke a PSX controller when that happened back then. The rage is real. And yeah, you can right-click the shipping box to take out the last item thrown in, which is great. I picked a quest that needed exactly the last thing I had thrown in...would've been really frustrating if that feature wasn't in.

I'm still trying to understand the use of daggers, in combat. Much like daggers in Starbound, they are a suicide weapon with a very specific advantage - fast attacking a enemy that is stuck/close to a wall will enable you to simply hold the button and kill it.
But it seems to me they are supposed to be critical-power weapons, however..most weapons same level will have 2-3 times the damage of the dagger, which seems to grant higher critical damage than the dagger along with its bonus.
There's also another thing combat-related..
Spoiler: Ranged (click to show/hide)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »

So far one of the more irritating things about combat is how the viewpoint means you can attack really far when facing upwards (2-3 tiles) but you can only reach the tiles directly below you with a swing.

Just did the spring dance festival thing. Wow, I can't remember there being a dance more lame in a game like this, but at least it was nice and short.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2016, 08:55:52 pm »

So far one of the more irritating things about combat is how the viewpoint means you can attack really far when facing upwards (2-3 tiles) but you can only reach the tiles directly below you with a swing.

Just did the spring dance festival thing. Wow, I can't remember there being a dance more lame in a game like this, but at least it was nice and short.

Yeah, it was kind of lame, but I just figured it was because I didn't have a dance partner (too busy getting mad dosh). Is it more involved if you have a dance partner?

EDIT: Next time you boot up the game, click the "E" in "Stardew" on the main menu a few times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: In regards to that discussion above, passing out at 2AM gives you no energy, you start the next day with the same amount you passed out with, which can really fuck things up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:22:59 pm by Glloyd »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2016, 10:39:47 pm »

Selling in Shops
MUST COME WITH OPTION TO CHANGE MIND!!!
Just bought a ton of Seeds then accidentally right clicked them. Back to him they went at half price...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2016, 10:44:49 pm »

Fella already made a mod to pump run speed and fix diagonal movement.
https://github.com/kevinmurphy678/Stawdew_Injector/releases

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2016, 10:51:30 pm »

Fella already made a mod to pump run speed and fix diagonal movement.
https://github.com/kevinmurphy678/Stawdew_Injector/releases

See, I don't mind current run speed, but the diagonal movement thing is quite annoying.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2016, 11:31:55 pm »

The speed change is configurable, so you can probably set it to 0 for just the diagonal fix.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:24 am »

Found out a little thing: The bath near the train station opens up in your first summer, and you can go there to recharge your energy for free. Just sit in the water.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2016, 01:29:29 am »

Spoiler: found something hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:31:55 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2016, 01:50:27 am »

I just bumped my "please add save and quit" thread on the Steam discussion forum. So far a handful of other people have written to agree, so it's obviously a common complaint, but the dev hasn't responded yet. If he doesn't respond soon, I'll see if I can find another way to ask him - someone mentioned Twitter, I think?

I'm sure he's somewhat overloaded with people contacting him right now, but I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this idea gets through. Save points in a modern game are just... Why would anyone ever think that's a good idea?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 28, 2016, 01:58:27 am »

I just bumped my "please add save and quit" thread on the Steam discussion forum. So far a handful of other people have written to agree, so it's obviously a common complaint, but the dev hasn't responded yet. If he doesn't respond soon, I'll see if I can find another way to ask him - someone mentioned Twitter, I think?

I'm sure he's somewhat overloaded with people contacting him right now, but I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this idea gets through. Save points in a modern game are just... Why would anyone ever think that's a good idea?

Twitter is a good way of getting in touch with him, he's @ConcernedApe
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 91