Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441333 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2016, 02:50:18 am »

You could also date the elf hippie.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2016, 02:51:56 am »

Which one is the hippie? They all just look like teenage boy band members to me... Hippie sounds least objectionable, though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2016, 03:01:11 am »

The guy who lives on the shack at the beach. Elliott.

This game reached over Nine THOUSAAAAND concurrent players on Steam today, not counting GoG sales.
I almost had enough money to get a chicken coop but there's so much other stuff I want to buy @__@
Hopefully by the end of Spring I'll have it.

Before I go to bed figured I'd share something the game doesn't explain. After you get a better fishing rod you can put bait on it by grabbing the whole stack then right-clicking your rod.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2016, 03:19:49 am »

Trying to do the Introductions quest, which is simply talking to and introducing yourself to every single person in town and thus not spoilery at all. I've gotten 26/28 done, but there's three people left on the social list. One is Sebastian, Robin's son, and I have no idea what time he crawls out of his hole.

Spoiler: The other two (click to show/hide)
I can't find Sebastian. I've only seen him leave home once for a event and that didn't count it seems. Otherwise he's inside his room, sleeping till noon and on the pc, like me!

EDIT: Sappho, what of the doctor, isn't' he single?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2016, 03:26:23 am »

I know that in the HM games, chickens were almost always a solid investment. Eggs every day, which can be used to freely raise more chickens for more eggs. Super easy to take care of.
I dunno, that's my first big goal in SV after getting the first inventory upgrade.

I already delved to level 5 in the mines, finding some cool stuff that I unfortunately couldn't carry all of. Having a hard time keeping track of the various villagers considering just how spread-out the town is and how much area there is to cover outside the town itself. Haven't started giving gifts yet, also none of the bachelorettes I've met so far have jumped out at me as "yes, this is the one".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2016, 04:11:03 am »

Well, end of first day of gameplay and.. day 22, I'm upgrading the tools to the next tier, got to mine level 40, still haven't got the Chicken Coop as I spent money on inventory and gear, I still can't bring myself to give gifts. I've only given a few gifts on a few birthdays to test it out, and I'm slowly giving gifts to the girl I targeted to find out the best ones.

What I can say is that the game is really fun, but it does have that weird downtime feeling HM used to have, when you're slowing running around from one map edge to another and you start thinking all sorts of weird stuff, philosophical stuff, or even start questioning if the game's that good. But then you reach your destination and it's all good.

I like how combat was implemented, and having an adventurer character on the town makes it less weird than some Rune Factory I tried out years ago in which the whole combat aspect felt completely disconnected from the game's universe.
Once you get the hang of it, however, you can end up forgetting about time and noticing you're out of time to get back home before you collapse. I think there's a bug in which if you climb out of the dungeon exactly at 2AM, the game glitches out, your sprite stop animating (entering a menu and leaving fixes it), and you can play after 2AM. I didn't try to get the character to pull an all-nighter because I had an extremely lucky day and I could just feel a CTD coming.  :P

About fishing, I'm usually the person who completely ignores the fishing-verse of games. But here I think it's actually nice, the fishing mini-game with different fish behaviors is such a neat idea. And hopefully by using bait it becomes less waiting around and more fighting fish to the death.

I'm really hoping that the game keeps unlocking cool stuff and that the end-game looks really cool instead of being boring. That's the only 'danger' I feel at the moment, but so far so good.  :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2016, 04:42:04 am »

What I can say is that the game is really fun, but it does have that weird downtime feeling HM used to have, when you're slowing running around from one map edge to another and you start thinking all sorts of weird stuff, philosophical stuff, or even start questioning if the game's that good. But then you reach your destination and it's all good.
"I hear the chirping harmony of the myriad birds around me, the leaves rustle quietly in the wind, and I ask myself...
Do I exist? Am I only but an inconceivably small accident in the plan of the universe? One that cares not for the petty whims of myself and others? I remember I missed my brothers birthday because I was so invested in my books, and that chance will never come around again, I always think myself above others, with their egotistical snobbery, but am I really any better? Am I-
Oh, I'm here, YAY! BLACKSMITH GIVE ME THE THING I WANTY!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2016, 04:52:08 am »

I already delved to level 5 in the mines, finding some cool stuff that I unfortunately couldn't carry all of. Having a hard time keeping track of the various villagers considering just how spread-out the town is and how much area there is to cover outside the town itself. Haven't started giving gifts yet, also none of the bachelorettes I've met so far have jumped out at me as "yes, this is the one".

I'm leaning towards Penny atm, partly because I run into her most often and partly because I have a thing for redheads. But yeah, only 8 days in and as I do with HM games, I've spent most of my time makin' money.

I'm really hoping that the game keeps unlocking cool stuff and that the end-game looks really cool instead of being boring. That's the only 'danger' I feel at the moment, but so far so good.  :D

That's my only worry as well, that the game might not keep opening up new things to do. That was the thing about HM, early to mid game was hella fun, but later in the mid game and in the late game things started to drag. I've got a good feeling about this though, seems there's a lot to do community centre wise, and just in general building up your farm.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2016, 05:29:55 am »

Spoiler: PS2: Love interest (click to show/hide)

*does a Google image search*

I was already going for her too, but that certainly help with the decision :P.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2016, 05:50:47 am »

So...during the summer festival your suppose to bring something to throw into the to potluck. I threw in a field snack, which is made from acorns, maple seeds and pinecones. The event didn't progress forward.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:52:48 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2016, 05:52:43 am »

I keep getting random crashes to desktop with no error message, just the standard uninformative Windows 10 box.

The thing is, I can't even pin it down to a particular point in the game. I could be playing for ten minutes or two hours - it just randomly crashes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2016, 06:39:47 am »

Started Day 10, and I still haven't gotten the backpack, or the money for it. Then again, I built myself a storage chest at home, which really takes some of the burden off inventory management.

Slightly annoyed that you cannot make charcoal with the furnace, I have to buy coal from the blacksmith at 100g.

Might have irritated Abigail, since I talked to her and she said she was in a bad mood. Then I have her a gold star-quality daffodil.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2016, 06:44:24 am »

Slightly annoyed that you cannot make charcoal with the furnace, I have to buy coal from the blacksmith at 100g.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to pick up torches once you've placed them? I put one down in the forest by accident and can't find a way to get it back. It's hardly an urgent situation, I guess, but that seems like something you should be able to do...

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2016, 06:49:36 am »

Try whacking the torch with a pickaxe.

And yes, as per the spoiler above, check the official Wiki site and your 100g might stay firmly in your pocket.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2016, 10:19:56 am »

I had about two hours to play last night and I really enjoyed it. My biggest gripes are mostly minor things. I think you should run at least 50% fast, for instance, and I have trouble getting the tools to work quite right, even with "always show hit location" on.

It is frustrating that you can only save when you go to bed. I use sort of a non standard set of movement controls so the first thing I do is rebind all the keys when I start a game. I am happy you can do this in Stardew but they did it in an annoying way. You can't bind a key to a button that is already bound so if you want d to move you down you first have to change "move right" to something silly. Anyways, after making the key bindings my bitch I open my journal and promptly delete the mission to meet everyone in town. Fuuuuuu. I tried to load but there is no load button, the only open is to exit to desktop. I exit the game and come back in.... can't skip the logos and little intro thing... fine fine. I load my game and my key bindings didn't save! Curses!

That is all I can come up with to bitch about really. I think the game is amazing and I can't wait to play more.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91