Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441313 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

Steam syncs saves and you can load Stardew without Steam running.

Fuuuuck. I'm holding off buying it because I've got a paper to write, but this game just keeps getting better and better.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »

has anyone figured out what does the gift checkboxes mean in the social menu?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2016, 08:20:49 pm »

Their secret fav gift and other slots of less fav gift, perhaps? Give fiber and rocks to everyone and see what changes.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:44 pm »

I don't know, but I assumed it had to do with this.

• You can only give people a gift twice a week, instead of one a day like in similar games. This is tracked in the social tab so you don't accidentally overdo it.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »

Is there an easier way to do the fishing mini-game then mashing the left mouse button? I feel pretty incompetent because I fail nine times out of ten.  :P

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2016, 08:32:29 pm »

Is there an easier way to do the fishing mini-game then mashing the left mouse button? I feel pretty incompetent because I fail nine times out of ten.  :P

You can hold it instead of rapidly tap it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »

Also autoclickers, if tapping works better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »

Trying to do the Introductions quest, which is simply talking to and introducing yourself to every single person in town and thus not spoilery at all. I've gotten 26/28 done, but there's three people left on the social list. One is Sebastian, Robin's son, and I have no idea what time he crawls out of his hole.

Spoiler: The other two (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2016, 09:02:44 pm »

Steam syncs saves and you can load Stardew without Steam running.
Thanks for the info; it gave me the push to buy the game!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:09 pm »

Trying to do the Introductions quest, which is simply talking to and introducing yourself to every single person in town and thus not spoilery at all. I've gotten 26/28 done, but there's three people left on the social list. One is Sebastian, Robin's son, and I have no idea what time he crawls out of his hole.

Spoiler: The other two (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About clicking, maybe the X/C keys work? You can assign keyboard keys for the left click / right click actions, and I'm using that since my right mouse button is working poorly and I just can't fix it, and I don't feel like buying another mouse..  ::)

By the way, the dev even managed to keep that "mysterious" vibe in the game. Since I don't know any mysteries nor their explanations, I'll just describe what I heard/seen in-game, so minor spoiler (or 'medium' spoilers if you really don't want to know anything!):

It's really fun to even have this "Is this some actual stuff in the game, or am I making this up?" thought in 2016.

PS: Sorry for my nostalgia-ridden feels. But HM was a real huge part of my childhood. I even lied to told a kid from my class back then that the dog on HM could have puppies if you did some weird thing, and 2 years later he would still ask me to give him a copy of my save game.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:21:41 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2016, 09:21:55 pm »

Jas was easy. I found her and Vincent being tutored by Penny at the library/museum.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2016, 09:24:25 pm »

Ooo thanks for the tip. I tried going to the wiki but there was everything she liked, disliked and all that spoilery stuff..with no info of where she'd hang out.
The funny thing of this kind of quests is that everyone will always have that one NPC that they have a hard time finding.

Spoiler: PS1: Leah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PS2: Love interest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:28:54 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

I am going for Maru in my current playthrough.
And as far as my courting have gone (currently 1 heart), I have found a few of her likes/dislikes.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:40:18 pm by Ultimuh »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2016, 10:22:14 pm »

Niiice! She was my second choice, actually.  :P
I'm pretty sure if we keep posting, we'll end up making the whole board get the game. I'm on the 8th day now and I enjoy it a lot.
It's silly, but I love how expressive the characters are. Not only they make the old-school emotes like in HM and other games, the faces, poses and 'exhales' the character does makes things really funny. Pretty sure my character did the 'Fry Face' when someone told him something weird.
Oh yeah, and the character portraits also have different expressions, so that's 3 ways for the characters to express themselves!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:29:39 pm by Gabeux »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2016, 01:29:00 am »

Ahh, I'm rested up, time to start playing again. One thing I don't like (literally, the only thing so far) is that all the single men seem to fit some teenage stereotype. There are no male characters who are just mature "guys" who aren't married. All the single ones look like members of a boy band, and I would never be attracted to any of them in the real world. I'm going for the doctor now, just because he seems the least boy-bandish, but he's also kind of gross. What's the deal with that? The female dateable characters all seem fairly normal, from what I've seen so far. Which is odd, because normally it's the other way around.

I mean, there's the boy who thinks about nothing but sports, the moody emo one, the musician, the nerdy germophobe... Are you supposed to be 15 in this game? I'm 30 years old and it's a bit strange for me to have to choose my mate from a pool of teenage stereotypes. Maybe I'll just date one of the girls... At least that's an option.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 91