Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441247 times)

Thas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2015, 04:06:05 am »

You can now watch a Stardew Valley Livestream! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2556&v=tieL7TA_f9o

Game looks amazing so far; release is going to be soon! *hype*
Did they give a date sometime during the stream? I must know!

The game is very close to being finished. I don’t have a set release date yet, but it will certainly be out this year.

Taken from the website. Hype is real!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2015, 04:56:30 pm »

It sounds rather promising to me, but...
The only thing I don't like about it is that it's tied to Chucklefish.
This is the part that mildly concerns me as well.  I don't hate Starbound the way some people seem to, but I just find it bland when compared to Terraria.  Likewise, I'm worried that this will end up being bland when compared to the BokuMono Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »

Chucklefish also published Risk of Rain, and that is a pretty amazing game for how simple it is. I think it might be a little early to declare them the EA of indy games, y'know? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »

I don't hate Starbound. I'm just really disappointed that it's still so incredibly empty after all this time, and I worry that Chucklefish may have trouble finishing projects. Then again, if this is just being published/financed by them and worked on by someone else (not the core team, I'm pretty sure beefy himself is a dev of some kind,) then my HYPE LEVEL will return to 110%.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2015, 07:50:01 pm »

Yeah, chucklefish has published more than they've developed, iirc, and more than one of those titles (Risk of Rain, the Wanderlust stuff... no clue about the other ones, but they at least seem to have fairly positive reviews) are at least decent. They've got a pretty alright record for publishing, imo, so far.

And yeah, they don't seem to be the dev(s), or at least not the primary ones.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GobbieMarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »

I don't hate Starbound. I'm just really disappointed that it's still so incredibly empty after all this time, and I worry that Chucklefish may have trouble finishing projects. Then again, if this is just being published/financed by them and worked on by someone else (not the core team, I'm pretty sure beefy himself is a dev of some kind,) then my HYPE LEVEL will return to 110%.

ConcernedApe has done literally everything in this game by himself.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »

Sweet. Set hype level to OVERMAXIMUMTRIPLEZERO.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2015, 08:23:52 pm »

I'm giving it all she's got Captain, but the hype-drive generators just can't sustain that level!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2015, 08:39:41 am »

PTW

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2015, 08:56:48 am »

Are you saying we should go to ludicrous speed?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2015, 06:18:44 am »

New dev update a few days ago.

Now he's talking about releasing it next year. There goes the hype train, right off the rails and over a cliff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2015, 06:23:41 am »

When I saw a new post in this thread, I was hoping for good news. Well, to put an optimistic spin on it, 2016 isn't that far away and hopefully the delay means more polish.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2015, 11:48:54 am »

Early Q1 2016, quite likely. The game is largely finished by December.

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2015, 04:00:09 am »

So, steam page is up. Guess it will come out soon(TM).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2015, 08:04:08 am »

Oh, cool. They're not doing Early Access like everyone else and their dog. Respect.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 91