Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441088 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #900 on: March 12, 2016, 02:12:39 pm »

Bleh... I really hate where my coop and barn are. But it would take ages for me to afford to build new ones somewhere else. And I certainly don't want to start all over again, considering how long it's taken me just to get to the start of year 2. My farm is destined to be ugly, I guess.  :'(

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 12, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »

Bleh... I really hate where my coop and barn are. But it would take ages for me to afford to build new ones somewhere else. And I certainly don't want to start all over again, considering how long it's taken me just to get to the start of year 2. My farm is destined to be ugly, I guess.  :'(
Plant as many blueberries in summer as you can.  Each bush produces 3 berries, and each has a base price of like 80.  That's like base 240 per bush, and they produce like 4 harvests in a season - assuming you don't use speed-gro or something.  That's a BASE price of 960 per summer, per tile.  If you're getting gold crops, or fruit jam, or wine, it's even higher.

I planted like 100 of them with regular fertilizer in my first year, ended up with like 150k by the end of summer.  Cranberries are great for fall as well, they produce 2 berries per harvest.  If you've gotten far enough to have kegs, hops/wheat look great too, as they produce alcohol in just 1 day.  A greenhouse of hops and a chunk of kegs sounds like the best way to have a steady income of booze money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 12, 2016, 02:31:51 pm »

You... could just take cheat engine to the game and give yourself the money(/resources/whatever) to relocate them, assuming you can deconstruct/rebuild. It's an option.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #903 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:09 pm »

I'm sure I'll earn enough money to move them eventually. I won't cheat - I should face the consequences of my poor planning. :P For now I'm moving the stuff around them. I planted loads of fields full of produce, then realized the next day that I'd forgotten to fertilize them.  :-\ Next time around... I really do need to plan things better.

I don't min/max though. I'm enjoying playing the game naturally and figuring things out as I go. Trying to maximize profits or make the farm as efficient as possible would ruin it for me. I know, in this forum, I'm the weird one.  :D

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »

The game sort of tries to anti-min/max itself.  The bundles require you to diversify some.  What it really needs is like, randomly generated bundles over time, to encourage you to follow market trends or something.  Because I did the math and if you get a greenhouse full of hops and 120 kegs, you get 36k every day, as well as all the booze you can handle.  There needs to be some incentive to do other things :P

(Well, you can't do the full 12x10 on hops because of trellises, but whatever!)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2016, 04:00:08 pm »

I'm sure I'll earn enough money to move them eventually. I won't cheat - I should face the consequences of my poor planning. :P For now I'm moving the stuff around them. I planted loads of fields full of produce, then realized the next day that I'd forgotten to fertilize them.  :-\ Next time around... I really do need to plan things better.

I don't min/max though. I'm enjoying playing the game naturally and figuring things out as I go. Trying to maximize profits or make the farm as efficient as possible would ruin it for me. I know, in this forum, I'm the weird one.  :D

We're both weird in that case - it's fun playing organically to me. The game's really relaxing, honestly.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 13, 2016, 02:12:45 am »

The game sort of tries to anti-min/max itself.  The bundles require you to diversify some.  What it really needs is like, randomly generated bundles over time, to encourage you to follow market trends or something.  Because I did the math and if you get a greenhouse full of hops and 120 kegs, you get 36k every day, as well as all the booze you can handle.  There needs to be some incentive to do other things :P

(Well, you can't do the full 12x10 on hops because of trellises, but whatever!)

Do this should eventually result in troops of gnomes coming down from the mountains and raiding your cellars. They are easily frightened away, but while given chase you may run into a yeti or giant eagle, and been brutally eviscerated in the woods north of your farm.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #907 on: March 13, 2016, 03:14:38 am »

After I've finished the monster loot bundle in the community center, is there any reason to keep holding on to monster loot? Or is it safe to sell / give away all of it now? No spoilers necessary, just "safe" or "not safe" will do, thanks.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 13, 2016, 03:25:44 am »

Don't think you would miss this as you should have the items necessary for crafting with them already unlocked...
But still, considering how easy it is to gather them I doubt its a problem when it comes to needing more...

Slimes for Slime Making.
Bats for Lightning Rods.
Monster Guts for Fish Bait.
Don't know about the Solar and Dark Essense though...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Side Note:: Check this out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 13, 2016, 04:06:13 am »

Don't know about the Solar and Dark Essense though...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 13, 2016, 07:31:57 am »

After I've finished the monster loot bundle in the community center, is there any reason to keep holding on to monster loot? Or is it safe to sell / give away all of it now? No spoilers necessary, just "safe" or "not safe" will do, thanks.
personally i wish i'd kept more solar and void because i find myself wanting to do a thing.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 13, 2016, 09:21:01 am »

personally i wish i'd kept more solar and void because i find myself wanting to do a thing.

Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 13, 2016, 09:36:55 am »

They also make an excellent gift for

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 13, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »

Side Note:: Check this out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

That's such an amazing new trailer/tutorial. Wow.

By the way, what's that hand gesture of touching the nose means? Here in Brazil we steal hand gestures from the whole world (not many from italians though, they are too overpowered), but I never saw that one.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 13, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

By the way, what's that hand gesture of touching the nose means? Here in Brazil we steal hand gestures from the whole world (not many from italians though, they are too overpowered), but I never saw that one.
Wow. Never had to explain this before... Um lets see...
Tapping one's nose while winking or such is like, "Hush hush, now you know keep it quiet."
Its mainly used when you either reveal a secret and still want to have the recipient keep it quiet or just when you want to be cheeky and respond without saying anything when asked to reveal a secret...
eg.
Person1: How did you know that?!
Person2: You'll never know *nose tap*
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91