Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441277 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #675 on: March 03, 2016, 04:22:55 pm »

Stardew Valley + Factorio would be incredibly awesome. It always annoys me in the these games that after a while it's basically a daily grind. An addictive grind, but a grind nonetheless. Imagine building complex automated moving sprinkling devices. Or hiring farmhands. It'd be pretty great...

This. :)

I just need one item to finish the Community Center..I guess I'll keep visiting the cart and exploding mines until someone gives it to me.

Agreed. There are plenty of able-bodied young people just hanging around the village, presumably doing nothing but helping with the tiny family business the majority of the year. I would love an option to put them to work after cultivating a friendship, for a per-job/crop wage , of course. I'd pay them ten times what Joja does. :P

Fortunately, artisan goods are a much less tedious alternative to traditional farming once you have the funds.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 03, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »

Ever since Maru became my Waifu, Haley have started to ignore me.
If that is the case, It is interesting that the game seem to have some sort of jealousy system.

Or maybe it is simply because I have neglected her heart levels completely. :p
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:38:49 pm by Ultimuh »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 03, 2016, 05:49:52 pm »

How do you water all that? Are there spaces between the cornstalks? @_@

You can walk on your crops; no damage is caused to them but you do go slightly slower. The only thing you cannot walk on are plants growing on a trellis, like beans and hops.

My tilled fields are... small by comparison. I've been making roughly 700g-1400g a day throughout summer. Can't wait for fall though. Gonna grow me some pumpkins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've mostly been spending most days in the mines. I'm at around level 55 down there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #678 on: March 03, 2016, 06:00:13 pm »

Searched the wiki and the #stardewvalley IRC is awfully unhelpful. ANyone figured out how to get your farm animals (cows, etc) pregnant?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 03, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »

Searched the wiki and the #stardewvalley IRC is awfully unhelpful. ANyone figured out how to get your farm animals (cows, etc) pregnant?

I want to know that too. I've had cows for a long time and they never got pregnant, but my barn's always full. Maybe you need extra space for them to get pregnant?
I've been incubating some duck eggs and they hatch just fine. But nothing with the bigger animals.

I've been getting all sorts of weirdness with the wife. Sometimes she gets stuck in front of the exit of the house, so I have to restart the game for her to start the day somewhere else.
Someone said wives try to look at wall decorations, and if something is in front of it they fail their pathing, go 'angry' and say 'the house is a mess', so I'm reorganizing and making everything easy to access to see if she stops being so weird.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2016, 07:25:47 pm »

I know if you pet the cat aggressively it will move a little bit over. Perhaps you need more heavy petting with your wife.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2016, 10:06:45 pm »

Pretty sure animal pregnancy is just a random chance. You probably need to have space in your barn as well. My goat just gave birth and I didn't have to do anything special. Seems like the chance of it happening is pretty low because I had cows for a long time that did not get pregnant but my new goat did (lucky for me I was just about to buy another one!).

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »

Why does this game hate giving me clay?

I don't even need that much but I cannot find enough of it. There's never any worm tiles in my friggin' town, and if I go through the mines I might get 2-3 pieces max. Tilling the dirt randomly outside isn't doing much good, either.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2016, 10:23:09 pm »

I know if you pet the cat aggressively it will move a little bit over. Perhaps you need more heavy petting with your wife.
Instructions too complex, now I have a daughter. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Enabling her to path to all decorations (including wall decorations, except windows), seem to have made her behavior better and stopped weirdness.

I still need a single Rabbit Foot to finish the Community Center and my Rabbits aren't collaborating. Where's a butcher mod when you need it?

Why does this game hate giving me clay?

I don't even need that much but I cannot find enough of it. There's never any worm tiles in my friggin' town, and if I go through the mines I might get 2-3 pieces max. Tilling the dirt randomly outside isn't doing much good, either.
I believe you only use clay for silos, or am I forgetting something? But it can be pretty boring to get it, and you're already doing everything I know to gather clay (mines, till random dirt especially during rain, worms).
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:14 pm »

I believe you only use clay for silos, or am I forgetting something? But it can be pretty boring to get it, and you're already doing everything I know to gather clay (mines, till random dirt especially during rain, worms).

Kegs also require clay, though only one each.

The problem is I've found, so far, enough clay to build 1 silo and 4 kegs. I would like another silo (honestly primarily for decorative reasons) and some more kegs (as wine takes forever) but I can't friggin' find clay. I feel like I found a ton of it before but according to that I've only found 17 clay in my whole game (I have 3 right now) so I'm wondering if I'm an idiot and I just sold a big lump of it at some point, or something.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:33:49 pm by variablenonsense »
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:57 am »

Any ideas on what would make an animal "look sad"? Both my goats are at 0 hearts and look sad. It can't be food because they have plenty of grass to eat. I'm kinda baffled as to why they are upset.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 04, 2016, 12:36:43 am »

Any ideas on what would make an animal "look sad"? Both my goats are at 0 hearts and look sad. It can't be food because they have plenty of grass to eat. I'm kinda baffled as to why they are upset.
is it winter. Do they have a heater???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 04, 2016, 12:38:38 am »

I'm pretty sure the Goats' status screen is bugged and always shows sad. Mine have all the hearts and are still sad, while producing Large milk.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:51:04 am by Gabeux »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2016, 01:01:04 am »

This is my Farm during winter atm...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53:22 am »

You know, I find it really hard to play without feeling that I'm doing something wrong. That I'm spending too much time slowly doing something when I could be doing something much faster.
It's actually kind of ruining the game for me. Even though the game hasn't said so, it feels like I have to juggle all the 'professions' (farming, mining, fishing, etc.) or suffer in the long run. And doing that just isn't fun.

Am I wrong here? I heard something about a possible time limit, and the way you get occasional cutscenes hinting at an overarching story also makes me antsy.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 91