Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441252 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:05 pm »

Welp. New game possibly steals Stardew Valley's thunder.

Looks a bit more heavily scripted, like something done with RPG Maker. Still could be good tho.

It is done in RPGMaker.

I know, it makes sense that it looks like it.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2016, 04:35:20 pm »

Looks like we'll be getting news this Friday :)

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/692086063968468992

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2016, 10:10:38 pm »

The publisher makes me wary...

Chucklefish has a history of pretty much leaving Starbound as a heap of broken promises. While the Publisher isn't the developer, I wonder what these people could do to this particular game to screw it over...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2016, 02:45:19 am »

The publisher makes me wary...

Chucklefish has a history of pretty much leaving Starbound as a heap of broken promises. While the Publisher isn't the developer, I wonder what these people could do to this particular game to screw it over...

To be fair, Chucklefish (while a shit developer) has proven to be a pretty good hands off producer. Look at Risk of Rain for example. Plus Concerned Ape has held off releasing for so long because he doesn't want to do any early access thing, unlike Chucklefish.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »

Recommended by steam curators "Waifu Inc" and "Hella Yuri".
Recommended because the game has a relationship system and because you can play as a woman while romancing women, respectively. Both of which are features that Stardew Valley will supposedly have as well, and so will probably be recommended by those same curators. Was there some sort of point you were trying to make?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »

Recommended for Hell by Westboro Baptists (and a bunch of other denominations).

I look forward to seeing how Stardew does conversations in game.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »

Recommended because the game has a relationship system and because you can play as a woman while romancing women, respectively. Both of which are features that Stardew Valley will supposedly have as well, and so will probably be recommended by those same curators. Was there some sort of point you were trying to make?
Not everything in life needs some deep point. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy perspective.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »

Well, we have an official trailer and official release date now: February 26th. So less than a month away. I'm tentatively excited.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »

Do we have a price yet?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2016, 08:33:30 pm »

Do we have a price yet?

I feel like he said $15 a while back, but I dunno for sure.

EDIT: Supposedly the quote was between 10 and 15. Either way, we'll likely know soon.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

No, that's not how you farm! No-till farming, permaculture!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:59 pm »

*vibrates intensely*

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:10 am »

No, that's not how you farm! No-till farming, permaculture!

Nice, it finally gets mentioned on this forum by not me! Thats Larry Korn and I have worked with him before. I am a permaculture designer and teacher and I live near San Francisco. See my website: www.UPISF.com

Ok sorry, dont mean to derail but you don't often see permaculture mentioned in places such as these :)
I got nothing

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2016, 09:41:03 pm »

Dev answered a bunch of questions on Reddit, here's a summary:

• The launch price has yet to be finalized, but has been confirmed that it will be within the $10.00 and $15.00 (USD) range (or 9.23€ to 13.85€)
  • As of creating this post, there are no other videos available that showcase gameplay (outside of the trailer) other than the streams that have been done with/by Chucklefish, but since the release date has been set, /u/ConcernedApe has said that he believes there will be more streams leading up to launch - this means more gameplay will be available to the public before launch
  • When asked about secrets, /u/ConcernedApe confirmed that there are a large number of secrets that have yet to even be discussed that exist within the game
  • At this time, there are no concrete plans in existence for DLC in the future, but it's not something that's yet been ruled out. If the game is successful, there is definite interest in releasing free content updates from time to time
  • Mac and Linux ports are something that will be looked into after launch, and although there are no technical barriers, it will rely on whether or not there's a large enough demand to justify the work it will take to port to other operating systems
  • The possibility of a console (specifically Playstation 4) port has been discussed with Chucklefish, but as of right now there are no definitive plans in place - however, /u/ConcernedApe feels the game would be really fun to play on console
  • The game will be somewhat "moddable" out of the box, although it won't officially be mod friendly at launch. This is something that /u/ConcernedApe is interested in doing, but it isn't a top priority - he's personally supportive of mods and would like to do what he can to help in the future
  • The game will support controllers 99% out of the box, the only hiccup is that name inputs (pets, farm animals, babies, etc) will still require you to utilize a keyboard
  • Multiplayer co-op is officially planned, but won't be available at launch. The co-op gameplay will be almost identical to single player, except it will feature up to 4 players working together. Unless an unforeseen technical barrier pops up, multiplayer will function similar to Terraria in that you can simply jump in and out
  • Characters will play a big part in the game - there are over 30 people living in and around Pelican Town and each will have their own personality, dialogue, routines, and friend circles. There are at least 70 "character development events" and 10 marriage candidates, each with 5 events of their own - there will also be 2 festivals in-game every season
  • If you marry someone, they will eventually move into your house, and you have the option to have kids - same sex marriages are also supported within the game
  • The layout of your house is pre-determined, but you can buy house upgrades from the local carpenter - there are also wallpaper and flooring options available (in addition to furniture) so you're capable of creating a personalized look within your home

Original thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 91