Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 440964 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1125 on: April 05, 2016, 10:57:07 am »

Time to mod the greenhouse bigger.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 05, 2016, 12:45:06 pm »

Don't forget that you need 25k in sipment to trigger a certain event.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 06, 2016, 01:37:18 am »

I like the proposed edits above, though I think the dynamic should be this: Joja sells low quality crops of all types, all-year round (what with imports), as well as certain exotic ones (rare fish, desert forageables) on an RNG basis. Charges a through-the-fucking-roof premium for out-of-season goods depending on the time of year. In-season crops, however, should be dirt cheap, what with their Monsanto-esque armada of contracted farms.

Pierrre, on the other hand: buys and sells in-season produce only. No price difference for quality of purchases on fruit, with a random chance for gold and silver goods daily. Wool, eggs, cheese, etc. are extremely cheap (with Joja, you'll be paying 2000G for a small block of cheese). Pays significantly more for artisan goods.

Additional Event Expansion: Joja driven out of town, Pierre's becomes a high-integrity small franchise, with you as his supplier. Former Joja employees are hired, and have new things to say and events involving them after their lives suddenly become livable again. Introduce business sim mechanic, whereby, you ultimately attempt to unite small businesses from different towns in a concerted effort to provide quality and sincerity over quantity and convenience, and completely drive Joja out of business/the national market.  8)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 06, 2016, 08:11:17 am »

Additional Event Expansion: Joja driven out of town, Pierre's becomes a high-integrity small franchise, with you as his supplier. Former Joja employees are hired, and have new things to say and events involving them after their lives suddenly become livable again. Introduce business sim mechanic, whereby, you ultimately attempt to unite small businesses from different towns in a concerted effort to provide quality and sincerity over quantity and convenience, and completely drive Joja out of business/the national market.  8)

And then He Who Fights Monsters comes into play, and you become the next Joja. :D

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1129 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:36 am »

I don't understand the "you must grow crops equally" restriction o.O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 06, 2016, 08:35:14 am »

I think, Nocberry, the idea is to balance income/labor, instead of allowing you to simply farm only the most valuable crops. With a seed machine, the profits are exponential. With a seed machine and nothing but the highest profit crop, you'll be rolling in cash without a challenge.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 06, 2016, 08:52:33 am »

I think, Nocberry, the idea is to balance income/labor, instead of allowing you to simply farm only the most valuable crops. With a seed machine, the profits are exponential. With a seed machine and nothing but the highest profit crop, you'll be rolling in cash without a challengetedium.

Fixed. Multiplying the amount of days it takes to do stuff isn't challenging.

The new ideal seems to be never buying seeds at all. I've had an entire month where the bushes around town didn't spawn forageables. You get one of those months in year 1? Guess what, no seed mixes for you. I hope you like parsnips. That's not my idea of fun.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 06, 2016, 10:44:23 am »

Even given those restrictions, min/maxer will still go for ancient seeds / star fruit production with whatever max allowed kegs / preservers.

Restricting seeds source via seed maker only will still make a straight line profit spreadsheets.
Seed cost (saved from buying) to raw produce sell price to processed artisan goods.

Each plant will have their profits, and limiting to 100 plots per crop is an arbritrary limit to allowable profits.

It's a decent goal for non-min/maxers as it helps give them clear goals.  Make 100 plots parsnips, ok.  Make 100 potato plots, ok... and so on.

At which point, I would probably be looking for the cheapest energy source.

Have any of you done, or at least watch a video farming/planning for 2000+ of same high yield crops?  It takes energy, multiple days, and even rain maker totems.  It's ok to watch, but seems kinda pointless in a gaming pov--sure multi-million profit is nice--but to get to that point in the game, money/object isn't as challenging as when starting from 15 seeds + 500 gold on day 1.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 06, 2016, 10:57:52 am »

What I think would be interesting is crop rotation with in-game mechanics.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 06, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »

What I think would be interesting is crop rotation with in-game mechanics.

That would be acceptable to save re-fertiization if it can be implemented that way. 
Basic fert = 10%, Super-Fert = 25%.  Crop Rotation should give maybe add 10% chance for higher tier produce.

Still wont apply to strawberry, cranberry, blueberry's plant once harvest many advantage.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 06, 2016, 02:27:02 pm »

I think, Nocberry, the idea is to balance income/labor, instead of allowing you to simply farm only the most valuable crops. With a seed machine, the profits are exponential. With a seed machine and nothing but the highest profit crop, you'll be rolling in cash without a challengetedium.

The new ideal seems to be never buying seeds at all. I've had an entire month where the bushes around town didn't spawn forageables. You get one of those months in year 1? Guess what, no seed mixes for you. I hope you like parsnips. That's not my idea of fun.

Understandable. This is why you mod the seed mixer in to level 1.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 07, 2016, 02:04:48 am »

Understandable. This is why you mod the seed mixer in to level 1.
If you talking about my challenge, its mainly limited to the capabilities of modding the shops. A lot of it would be impossible or altered if the changes are unable to be done. For example the not buying seeds would only be there if I could find a way to get joja's inventory selling some crops already, that is the actual product, but at a higher then normal price. If that wasn't possible, there would be a softcap of say 15 Seedpackets of each crop to be purchased and then none after that and you just use the Seedmaker to keep things balanced...
As I said though, most of my challenge rules would limited by the ability to change the code with some things...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 07, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »

For modifying what is sold in the shop, this post point at some of what you need using SMAPI to modify shop stock and prices.

As a random interesting thing, this artist has done some pretty good realistic portrait paintings for the female marriage candidates.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 08, 2016, 01:21:45 am »

As a random interesting thing, this artist has done some pretty good realistic portrait paintings for the female marriage candidates.

Those are outstanding! Though, I feel Penny could be quter...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 08, 2016, 06:45:16 am »

Apparently realistic means all of them looking like generic white people.

I mean, they even made Maru look white, which is a feat in of itself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 91