Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441074 times)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1035 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:28 pm »

I wish this game had standing orders where you'd enter into a contract to supply nearby towns with certain goods within a certain timeline, quicker you do it the more money you get.  Or, have it so the price of goods spike and drop randomly based on demand due to events like festivals, droughts, etc.  For this to work they'd probably have to add in spoilage/refrigeration and lower the current sell prices of all goods.

Sounds similar to Story of Seasons. Maybe not the certain timeline, but there are demands that increase prices, you have different merchants that you need to trade with, if you give too much of one good to one merchant they won't pay as mch for it, etc.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:51:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1037 on: March 24, 2016, 12:55:57 am »

Harvey is much more attractive if you mod out his mustache, but his personality doesn't seem to ever get any less off-putting.

I'd like to see more character appearance mods that give us more options for what type of people, at least appearance-wise, we have in our village. I'm awfully tired of the "white place with a token person of color" situation. So far the appearance mods seem to be focused on things like making your characters anime, etc. I'd like to see some subtler changes... I wish I could find the time to do it myself!  :-\

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 24, 2016, 01:36:18 am »

Just get the Linus Cleavage mod + date Linus mod and you'll always know who to pick as your mate.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 24, 2016, 03:52:10 am »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 24, 2016, 04:57:12 pm »

EDIT: Ok, I caught 2 super cucumbers and got a second diamond (donated the first one). What was I supposed to do with these, again?
Sell them for large quantities of money?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »

I think Vector meant this thing you can do with them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 24, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »

Oh, yeah, I have that thing. Apparently, there are more of them being found.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:48 pm »

I just realized that you can take a furnace and some ore on your fishing trip and smelt ore while fishing... Or a recycler. So much time wasted.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 25, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »

I just realized that you can take a furnace and some ore on your fishing trip and smelt ore while fishing... Or a recycler. So much time wasted.

Depends on which ore and how long you'll be fishing. Gold ore takes 5 hours.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 25, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »

In my personal opinion.. Smelting time for anything below Iridium tier, should be reduced to no more than two hours maximum.
Balance be darned, gold shouldn't take that long to melt. :v

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 25, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »

I just wanted to upgrade my pickaxe and fish while it was being done, and realized that I didn't make the bars yet. Took everything with me to fish, and managed to catch the blacksmith right before closing.

I smelt gold overnight. I also build 5 furnaces to smelt in batches.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 25, 2016, 06:48:32 pm »

Yeah iron and copper is fine to babysit, even quartz but I prefer to recycle for that, gold and iridum take just too long. Definitely use more than one furnace. You can get at least 2 uses if you smelt in the morning and before going to bed.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 25, 2016, 11:43:17 pm »

Anyone notice something down at the docks during winter?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 26, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »

Hey, I happened to see the appearance mod Diverse Stardew Valley and it reminded me of this post. It's still in progress though.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 91