Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: You are a headcrab: A suggestion game - Reboot  (Read 11006 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: You are a headcrab: A suggestion game - Reboot
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:17 pm »

Also, what's a vortigaunt?
Vortigaunt

You quickly try to think of a way to infect it, and you consider throwing one of your disciples. Alas, the vort is to far for that. Maybe there is another way?

((You'll need to tell me HOW do you plan on catching/infecting the vort))
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2012, 09:20:45 pm »

sneak!
and by sneak I mean walking awkwardly at it while loudly moaning and tripping/stumbling trough crates and bodies.

that way we will surely catch it, right?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:27 pm »

You sneak towards the vort. It'll never see you coming!

Well, it wouldn't if you knew how to sneak. Instead you walk somewhat awkwardly while bashing anything withing arms reach while your posse sing holy chants.

The vort seems unimpressed with your might and continues on it's way, eventually reaching the door. It goes through it and you curse your lack of sneaking skills. Or you would if an explosion didn't suddenly come from the door. And then the hallway behind it collapsing.

It looks like the God-Director has smitten the heathen vortigaunt for fleeing, rather than facing his army of righteousness! Praise the Director!
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:58 pm »

Yeah, let's claim the vortiphant for the director!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:34 pm »

You wish the vortigaunt had been a vortiphant instead. Those are so cool. Or would be, if they existed in the first place. Alas, that is not the case.

Anyway, the corridor is collapsed. And there was an explosion, you doubt much could have remained of the vort. You check to be sure, simply to confirm your suspicions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »

Also, what's a vortigaunt?
Vortigaunt
Thanks!

((You'll need to tell me HOW do you plan on catching/infecting the vort))
...The same way we do with humans? Too late.

-----

...Practice Headcrab Necromancy? Not enough for that. Uh, reverse-track it to its lair/the exit?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2012, 09:49:41 pm »

Yeah, let's track the Voldepheasant to its lair, and try to find more!

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:12 pm »

Don't say its n...never mind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:05 am »

You briefly consider using necromancy to ressurrect the vortigaunt (not voldepheasant). But you do not have any magical powers. And even if you did, necromancy is blasphemous in the eyes of the Director.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

You briefly consider using necromancy to ressurrect the vortigaunt (not voldepheasant). But you do not have any magical powers. And even if you did, necromancy is blasphemous in the eyes of the Director.
Oh... he's dead.  I thought he got away.
Let's not go that way.  If it can kill a Voltacan't, it can probably kill us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2012, 07:26:11 pm »

Wait, I thought headcrabs made zombies...
Eat the Vortiwhateveritis!
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2012, 07:34:17 pm »

Wait, I thought headcrabs made zombies...
I... yeah.  Don't they?  I guess we do know necromancy.  And we are the prophet.  So I guess the Director is actually the patron god of necromancy.  I mean, all of his people can do it.
I'm excluding the Voldepigeotto.  We don't know if it can do necromancy.  Probably not now that it's dead.
Eat the Vortiwhateveritis!
...That sounds like some kind of terrible disease...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »

At first you consider devouring the vortigaunt (not the voltacan't, vortiwhateveritis or voldepigeotto), but you can't reach it under the pile of rubble.

You then ponder the philosophical implications of zombification, and after some time come to the conclusion that the zombification isn't necromancy because: A) it's not magic. B) The hosts need to be alive, and remain alive. So it's more like them being infected by a parasite that controls them while riding on their heads.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »

Is at least the head reachable? we need to teach our hedcrabbys to latch firmly after biting! after all with proper training they will be closer to the god-director!

and isn't a zombie somebody who was dead but now it isn't (as in come back alive)?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »

and isn't a zombie somebody who was dead but now it isn't (as in come back alive)?
It's a living human controlled by the headcrab.
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15