Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: You are a headcrab: A suggestion game - Reboot  (Read 11004 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
You are a headcrab: A suggestion game - Reboot
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:12:05 pm »

You are minding your on business on Xen, looking for something to eat while trying not to be eaten by a bullsquid. Suddenly there is a flash of green light and the sound of lightning and all goes dark. Then another flash of green light, and you are now in a strange place. The floor is made of metals, and from what you can see so are the walls. There are these square things all over the walls making noises, lights dot the surface above and on the other side of the room is a biped creature covered in white cloth. It's round head seems to beckon to you.

What will you do?

So, I've had this idea for some time but only now have I decided to make anything out of it. As should be obvious in this game you'll be a headcrab from VALVe's Half-Life series, and who just arrived at Black Mesa. I may roll a die every now and then for some actions, but this will be a suggestion game as stated in the thread title. This is my first forum game here, but hopefuly I won't make any mistakes.

Spoiler: STATUS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:59:12 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a headcrab: A suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:44 pm »

Attempt to parasitize the humanoid. That's what head crabs do, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »

You start crawling towards the biped. When you're almost ready to leap it notices you and shrieks. It makes some sounds you don't understand and runs for a somewhat translucent square in the wall. It presses it's face against a smaller square thing next to it. After a second it beeps, but nothing else happens. The biped seems to be competely in panic right now.

>
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

Parasitize it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

With the biped trapped between you and the wall you leap at it again... and you land right on top of it's head. With your beak you break into it's skull and take over. After a few brief moments, the body starts to change: it's hands become claws, and the strenght of it's muscles increases considerably. You also appear to gain some of it's knowledge: that it is a male "human" and that it was a "scientist". Whatever that is. With the benefit of your newly-gained height you can see that the door the scientist tried to open is the only way out of the room, itself quite small. Nearly all walls are covered in machines you can't yet identify.

What will you do now?

(Rolled a d12 and got... 12. Keep this up and you'll end up with a godlike headcrab.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »

Sweet.

Leave through the door. If unsuccessful, try to unlock more memories.

It's probably worth noting that I have never played Half-Life and only read the Wikipedia page on headcrabs. Maybe I should read Half-Life's TV Tropes page.
Sig

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

It's probably worth noting that I have never played Half-Life and only read the Wikipedia page on headcrabs. Maybe I should read Half-Life's TV Tropes page.
You can download Black Mesa: Source for free. It's a fan-made remake of Half-Life, that, while not exactly identical, is (in my opinion) quite good.

The actual result of the action will be up in a few minutes.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »

Smash ALL the machinery!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 10:18:32 pm »

You can download Black Mesa: Source for free. It's a fan-made remake of Half-Life, that, while not exactly identical, is (in my opinion) quite good.

The actual result of the action will be up in a few minutes.
I don't do well at FPSs. I tried TF2 for a bit, but I kept dying. Well, at least I healed people.
Sig

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

You can't seem to find a way to open the door, so you instead try to unlock more of the scientist's memories, but you really don't know how and nothing ends up happening. In frustration, you start smashing the machinery in the room. Eventually your machine-smashing spree causes you to destroy the small box the scientist tried to use earlier. Destroying it causes the door to open and reveal a corridor that ends up in a T-shaped junction.

What will you do, great destroyer of machines?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 10:34:23 pm »

Walk down the corridor and look both ways,
Sig

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:22 am »

You walk down to the junction, in the wall in front of you are two coloured stripes. On goes to the left and another to the right. Looking to the left you can see that the corridor turns to the right not far from where you are, while the right corridor ends in a set of stairs going upwards.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Go right and up.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »

Somehow fail and die horribly, and owing to the laws of the game universe you're in, respawn and parasitize an more physically powerful human.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »

^^
Above user is lame.

GO UP THE STAIRS.
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15