Chobofrin: Goddess of nightmares, dreams, and the night
- 5 (18.5%)
Thlabifis: Goddess of loyalty, laws, and justice
- 1 (3.7%)
Chucheedrin Plaguepoison: Goddess of silence and torture
- 7 (25.9%)
Foseesus: Goddess of mercy and forgiveness
- 2 (7.4%)
The Nameless Goddess of metals, minerals, jewelry, inspiration, and poetry.
- 4 (14.8%)
Chlombujrer Rapiddelights: Goddess of dance, festivals, music, song, valor, and war.
- 5 (18.5%)
Slachraris Primmusic: Goddess of beauty
- 0 (0%)
Buseelus Boarbearded: Goddess of plants and animals
- 2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Non-Running Kobold Community Camp and Questions About A New One  (Read 23271 times)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Non-Running Kobold Community Camp and Questions About A New One
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:47 pm »

NOTE!  THIS KOBOLD CAMP IS NO LONGER RUNNING!  I AM USING THIS PRE-EXISTING THREAD TO CHECK IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN A NEW ONE STARTING UP USING MASTERWORK MOD.  I will announce the new thread when it is formed and get things running ASAP! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117007.msg3961822#msg3961822 is where the new discussion begins.  Thanks!

Nobody in the camp could remember the Elder Chungotlus ever being a young kobold.  Even the other elders occasionally told stories of him teaching them of the laws of Thlabifis, the stirring war songs of Chlombujrer Rapiddelights, and the wondrous poetry of The Nameless Lady.  That Chungotlus would one day near death had never occurred to any of them.  But there came a day where he did not arrive at the nursery to teach.  The children sought him out and found him still in his furs.

The shaman was called to do her work, but Chungotlus sent her away with a firm reprimand.  “My death has not come, child.  There is no need for herbs or magic,” he barked out with his usual command, but thinner, reedier.  “There are stories in me yet.  The slaughter of Threedlaflradrum.  The conquest of Neldrumdras.  The occurring of Jreengus.  Have you heard the story of Sruchlofisjlufruyus?  Of those flames who burned so bright they could melt the lands with their courage?  Settle in children...  And listen to my story of Nobletongues.”

The other children were gathered and a bucket of water was brought to the failing kobold.  His eyes remained shut until he let out a blustering cough that waggled his moustaches.  “Nobletongues begin as many stories...  With a quest for that greatest pursuit.  Food.”

Sruchlofisjlufruyus

If you are interested in claiming a kobold please post in this thread!  I'll try to keep up with the claimed list and get people their kobolds ASAP!  This post will also have an index that will increase as the story does!  Come join us for a likely bloody, crude, and short kobold community!

Official Post Index

Community Post Index
Spring 126:

Summer 126:

Kobold Waiting List
  • Joost: Male Craftsbold/Hoardcounter

The Gods of The Dark Thrones
Jrodluthis The Drink of Crabs: God of oceans and salt
Jrifunus the Sport of Controlling: God of fame
Chobofrin: Goddess of nightmares, dreams, and the night
Thlabifis: Goddess of loyalty, laws, and justice
Chucheedrin Plaguepoison: Goddess of silence and torture
Foseesus: Goddess of mercy and forgiveness
       : Goddess of metals, minerals, jewelry, inspiration, and poetry.
Chlombujrer Rapiddelights: Goddess of dance, festivals, music, song, valor, and war.
Slachraris Primmusic: Goddess of beauty
Buseelus Boarbearded: Goddess of plants and animals[/list]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:07:05 pm by CaptainKobold »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Kobold Community Camp
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:52:36 pm »

Good to see you again good captain! Shame about the other camp. Now, if I may...

Kobold: Our glorious Kobold Infantry forces, once more as a swordbold named Splinter. "Real kobolds no hide behind bows. Real kobolds show they stronger than enemy."

Now I shall provide advice! Such as it is.
----
Necromancer threat: Either settle far enough away that they aren't a neighbor or just set secrets to zero in world gen.

Brewable surface plants: Damn near all of them except hide root (red dye plant) and blade weed (green dye plant.) But that's excluding special plants. Also not advised for rope reeds, because clothing thoughts. On the plus side, any surface crop will grow so long as the biome isn't freezing (They grow in cold tundras, so yeah.)

Because of thier item thief tag it's hard to attract folks, so taking that off and maybe making them simply unable to communicate will be a reasonable stopgap if we need the 'bolds?

Evil... No just no. Kobolds rely too much on animal products to even survive very well there (skins/skulls reanimating, skeletal wildlife, shit like that. For a carnivorous race these are all bad/unsurvivable.)

Water: Temperate would work. Then we'd need to either devise a safe way to store water for winter or make sure there's enough drink for the winter.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

Deep within the void between realms, there lies the palaces of the gods. And deep within a bloodied palace locked in a eternal cycle of Defense and Retaliation, A Disciple of Srojachlis Lay Praying for vengeance.
"Long have we suffered, master Srojachlis, from all forces. Please, master, grant me a new chance to avenge my kind."

"THEN SO BE IT, NEREV OF TADLOTLINDRIRAJER DUSHIMUS, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CHANCE. GO TO A NEW WORLD TO AVENGE YOUR PEOPLE, BUT DO NOT FORGET THAT YOU WILL OWE YOUR SOUL TO ME.

Later, Nerev found himself in a new body, albeit a bit... Different.
"Perhaps i could have been more specific in my Begging."

Bold me:

Name: Kalras
Profession: Blood Priestess- A bit of Bonecarving, a bit of warfare(sword and Shield preferrably.)
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »

im in!

Aseaheru, miner, stone worker.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:02:35 pm »

I want to be bolded again lol.

Name: Sen
Profession: Cook/Bone Carver
Traits: Shy, Knows Human language, Loner

I can't wait for the stories -3-
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:05:13 pm »

I was very nervous to be starting again. Thank you all so much for your responses. It does my nervous jittery heart good.

Splinter will no doubt lead armies of legend and wonder such has never been seen in kobold lands before. All will tremble before his blade!

That is some excellent sage advice! I'm definitely too scared of Evil places to go for them. Ive previously done Savage Wilds with Hot temperature. I like high savagery for the scarier creatures. Unless I should put them in a savage good place that's a little set.

Temperate sounds like a fun extra challenge!

Nerev ... err...Kalras, I mean, I love that. And you know me, I love the religious angles! Two swordsbolds will make us nicely protected! Depending what Srojrachlus has planned for us.

Happy to bold you Aseaheru! Stonework and mining may be a little boring as bolds can't dig through stone in this version. I may be able to find clay and they could do some adobe buildings though!

Welcome back Sen! Awww... sad little shy sen is back! We will absolutely need fine feasts so everyone holds strong!

One big question: Do you want secondary narrative (like Chungotlus) or for the story to stand alone? For that matter would Chungotlus or a different narrator be more interesting to you? I have a fragment of an idea in mind if people aren't too thrilled with the storyteller aspect.

First semi-post will be either tomorrow or Monday'

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:43 pm »

'Bold me! I just read yer old camp, a damn shame it got necro'd :C

Name: Drix
Profession: Hunter, Tanner, Leatherworker
Quirks: Big Game Hunter bold. No beast too big, no foe too dangerous. Boastful of kills and prowess, but not arrogant. Loves company.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »

Give me a Butcher/axebold.

And of course his name shall be Taz.

All hail the glorious god of revelry! At least...I hope we get one.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »

Name: Corai
Profession:Swordsbold
Quirks: Nervous, paranoid that enemies are behind him all the time, and a recluse ... Until blood starts flying.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »

Holy crap. That is the fastest I've had one of these threads fill the first 7! I'll get it going asap to get more people in!

Glad to have you all aboard!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »

I never miss a kobold camp. It would be unkoboldlike for me.

I almost missed it though, usually I get 1-2 PMs every time the word "kobold" pops up in a thread title. Heh.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

No Kobold Camp is complete without Corai!

I'll take a kobold. Drakruldus, who was rumored to have been raised among dwarves. Drakruldus wants to make a bug clay fortress, and will try to take some rock to make a kiln with if s/he can. Ideally he'd be a Mason, but architect or mechanic is good too. No gender preference. Dwarfy personality traits ideal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 10:35:56 pm »

Hey, your first camp was pretty awesome storytelling. And I imagine the old guard wants to see their 'bolds fight for life once more.

And I never get a chance to join a fortress at the start, to help form it from the ground up and try to make it a home.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:11 pm »

Sounds good! I feel silly having a waiting list before anything is posted! Ill try to crank out season 1 asap! And I'll set up a google spreadsheet like last time though I want to be more organized on my end so the stories keep characters consistent more. I love the traits and characters you have all provided! This shall be the grandest camp yet!

Note: If we dont all die immediately.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 10:38:07 pm »

I think you should make it possible for kobolds to get through stone, but only if they somehow manage to acquire one of the fabled dwarven mining picks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21