Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay4Dead: Community Zombie survival fort.  (Read 978 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Bay4Dead: Community Zombie survival fort.
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »

So, I made a couple community forts. The sucked. Why? I didn't have the time to properly maintain them. I was going for a shitty gimmick. I could defend myself easily, and got bored. Today, that all stops.

Da Rules:

- Corrosion mod. AKA ultra-hard mode, Corrosion mod combines all the fun of Kobold camp, with the joy of terrifying biomes. The "Privations" are depressed, alchoholic, and fatally alergic to stone. They tantrum easily. There is no stone to engrave. The military patrol bug will bite us hard here.
-Updates every three days or less, no Exceptions. If you are familiar with a Toxx Clause, this is like that, except there is no ban involved if I fail.
-No Cage traps in trap corridors. Capturing animals is fine. Capturing zombies En Masse is stupid.
-Feel free to ask for a Private, by using the enclosed form:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Bite victims will be executed by Gas chamber. Unless it is a player with a diffrent prefrence. This involves digging into a DFhack Generated piece of obsidian. Because I can't get magma, and it looks cooler than 'Dig out this wall".
-Privated players may politic with each other, try to convince me to do things, etc.
-We will breach HFS The caverns. This will cost countless lives.
-I reserve the right to stockade a massive piece of open land, since we depend on the surface. We cannot grow food underground. Food grows very slowly. We absolutely cannot live without wood.
-Weapons vary massivley, but in general: Bladed weapons can no longer sever limbs, and inflict less damage over all. Blunt weapons can shatter multiple bones per swing, like, all your ribs. Organs cause much more pain. Stab wounds also hurt more. Much more. Zombies don't feel pain, but clubbing weapons still shatter the shit out of them.
-Armour is much weaker. You can have full body leather coverage, or you can have some metal plating and a lot of open spots.

Castes:

So, who is up for some Inevitable, Painful death?

((Forgot castes for a second. Faaaaaaak.))

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:42:52 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay4Dead: Community Zombie survival fort.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:31:24 pm »

Name: Grant "GreatWyrmGold" Gordonson.
Profession: Smith, reserve militia
Preferred Weapon: Hammer, smithing
Preferred caste: Hillman
Preferred Method of Euthanasia: Suicide mission to help the fort, if possible, followed by cremation in the forge's fires.

Backstory:
Grant was always a bit of a loner, part of a MAG and content to live life only seeing a few people. He was the smith and caretaker of the big country property.
Then they came. The rest of the MAG died before they could make it there, and Grant had to flee. He took some stuff he forged, including a spare anvil, along with a couple gold bars and anything else he could grab. He left, establishing a camp. Now he's heard of a half-dozen others trying to make a new settlement. Seven is a good number, Grant thought. Also, he was about out of food and trade goods. He packed up his smithy and the last of his metal and ore into a wheelbarrow and went out to meet the group. They needed a smith, so he was allowed in.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:51:19 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »

Name: Pariah
Profession/Labour: Woodcutter, Reserve militia.
Preferred Weapon (If Military) Axe + leather armor.
Preferred Caste: Firefighter.
Preferred method of Euthanization: Suicide by siege.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:22:02 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:41 am »

Name: Valrandir
Profession: Doctor
Preferred Weapon: Short Sword
Preferred caste: Doctor
Preferred Method of Euthanasia: 32 z-level fall

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:49 pm »

Fun facts:

Spears tend to break all of your ribs.
Adventurers get big bonuses from being turned.
Newly turned Zeds are berserk
Privations get melancholy far more often than they berserk. This is good.
Rock is still instant death. No 32 z-level falls coming up any time soon.
Caverns are the new HFS.
Most blunt weapons actually have an EDGE attack with low penetration, and use this far more than the smashing attack.
Leather armour can stop some bites, but not clamps.
Crossbows are still railguns
Slings launch ICBM's at a sizable fraction of the speed of light.
Scythe's can still bisect.

Also, weapon list, copy pasta'd.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.