Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Down in the Pits - A Portal 2 RTD - Turn 17 **PLAYERS NEEDED!**  (Read 17636 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Down in the Pits - A Portal 2 RTD - Turn 16 **PLAYERS NEEDED!**
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »

Future seems plausible looking at the wheat field and its probably the combine ruling the world since both games mention each other.
But do the Combine have the proper copyright laws to prevent me copyrighting sunglasses?
Do they even have copyright?
Of course they do, that's why Gordon Freeman couldn't just pick up any Combine's weapons. They have them copyrighted.
Copyright would prevent Freeman from copying the weapons, not using ones taken otherwise.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2013, 09:56:23 pm »

Future seems plausible looking at the wheat field and its probably the combine ruling the world since both games mention each other.
But do the Combine have the proper copyright laws to prevent me copyrighting sunglasses?
Of course they do, that's why Gordon Freeman couldn't just pick up any Combine's weapons. They have them copyrighted.
Copyright would prevent Freeman from copying the weapons, not using ones taken otherwise.
They have a clause in their copyright that prevents the distribution of their weapons upon death.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2013, 09:59:37 pm »

They have a clause in their copyright that prevents the distribution of their weapons upon death.
...I'm pretty sure copyright doesn't work like that, and if it did how could they enforce it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2013, 10:02:51 pm »

...I'm pretty sure copyright doesn't work like that, and if it did how could they enforce it?
Alien technology.
Have you ever wondered why corpses disappear? Alien science is responsible. Those corpses have postmortem nondistribution licenses.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »

By the way, there's also the theory that Chell actually DID die right before Cara Mia Addio. One of the more popular visualizations of entering heaven is a wheat field. So it could mean that the turrets killed her, and her spirit finally exited aperture, entering heaven, taking the form of the Wheat Field.

Or something like that.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:41 pm »

By the way, there's also the theory that Chell actually DID die right before Cara Mia Addio. One of the more popular visualizations of entering heaven is a wheat field. So it could mean that the turrets killed her, and her spirit finally exited aperture, entering heaven, taking the form of the Wheat Field.

Or something like that.
It could be a pun.
Wheatley.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »

Alien technology.
Have you ever wondered why corpses disappear? Alien science is responsible. Those corpses have postmortem nondistribution licenses.
That's silly. The corpses disappear for performance reasons.

Or something like that.
Which means there's no way to tell if the whole world or just Aperture is devoid of human life. Which means that, given the lack of evidence for a catastrophe, humanity's probably OK.
What kind of heaven is that, though?

Or something like that.
It could be a pun.
Wheatley.
Wouldn't that make it more of a Hell?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2013, 10:38:53 pm »

Alien technology.
How do you know? Maybe that's just the excuse they indoctrinated you with, so you wouldn't question the almighty copyright gods.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:51 pm »

Or something like that.
Which means there's no way to tell if the whole world or just Aperture is devoid of human life. Which means that, given the lack of evidence for a catastrophe, humanity's probably OK.
What kind of heaven is that, though?

The 'Gateway Into' Kind.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2013, 11:34:22 pm »

Alien technology.
How do you know? Maybe that's just the excuse they indoctrinated you with, so you wouldn't question the almighty copyright gods.
Almighty cop--this is getting non sequiterey even for Bay12.
Sig

mistertimn

• Bay Watcher
  • hEY BOY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:07 am »

jfc

I think I need to start an OOC thread.

mistertimn

• Bay Watcher
  • hEY BOY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2013, 04:08:56 pm »

Turn Sixteen Results
[[ DAMMIT CONTINUITY ERRORS! Sorry about some goofs on the last turn. Marks cutoff for second term was coming up, and I had stuff to get done. Also, there's too many OOC posts on the thread for me to go back and quote your actions, so I have to copy-paste. ]]

Remuthra:
Do a ninja flip over the hard, metallic thing, grabbing it and tossing it off into the distance while at the same time landing on my feet.
---
5 - Sick moves bro. You succesfully do that sweet shiznit and head ova' to da light.

Greenstarfanatic:
Well, at least what I can feel is safe! See if I can't just tell myself I'm fine. That usually heals me alright.
---
6 - You feel so safe that you completely forget about the fire and roll back into it.

anailater:
"Urghhh"
Look around again, call for help.
---
3 - You call for help, and are greeted by a groan from someone laying on the ground next to you.

GreatWyrmGold:
Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
---
6 - You locate your trusty sunglasses! Except you poke yourself in the eye when you try to put them on.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2013, 04:10:44 pm »

"Hey you all right?"
Try to shake the other person awake, look around the room.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2013, 04:11:32 pm »

Confiscate Sunglasses.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:58 pm »

((CONTINUITY! FUCK NO!))

GAH! FIRE! CLIMB! CLIMB YOU MANGEY FOOL!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10