Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40484 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2012, 04:37:30 am »

What difference would de knighting make though. They have the same equipment, same training plus only one person besides you actually has knights. So it's a little pointless and your not really a guild if you have a town and an army of workers. Also you have no control over other factions knights's any lord can knight his men he does not need a guild to do it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:43:50 am by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2012, 06:18:35 am »

I believe that the guild should be impartial to any one party. After all, if one of our allies had to go to war, that would probably lead to something like a de-knighting of all knights in opposing kingdoms. Therefor, I would like to ask the GM if the guild of knights could receive a piece of land in the center of the major cluster of houses, with enough serfs to feed itself.
I'll give you a headquarters somewhere the middle of the kingdom and recommend that other players let them have permanent Guild bases like mesor's, for an immediate Guild response.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 07:18:26 am »

What difference would de knighting make though.

I know, right? And it's not like we're living in the Middle Ages were your title was everything and being kicked out of the Guild of Knights would probably cause the next person on the chain of feudalism to lose all respect for you and probably pull some shenanigans to kick you off of your land.

Only one person besides you actually has knights.

I'm pretty sure that four players have knights, but you bring up a valid point. The obvious solution is that every member of the nobility has to get a certification from the Guild of Knights, or to allow the Guild of Knights to hand out certifications to the nobility. At the very least it'll make them feel big and important.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:35 am »

He's still got to find a way to pay for food, weapons, armor and other items he will need. But im willing to make a deal to provide arms and armor since I seem to have the most miners and workers in that field and Im good with the little outpost in each area idea.
Ill even provide food for the outpost in mine.
On the condition that if any hostiles pass my borders the guilds personnel in that outpost assist me in driving them out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:06:35 am by mesor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

Census of Bloodraven Pop. 7000

2000 troops
- 200 Spellswords
- 1000 Bladesmen/women
- 300 Pyro Lancers (non-magic soldiers armed with a enchanted white-hot pike for piercing heavily armored enemies)
- 400 Archers
- 100 Snipers (marksmen/women armed with the experimental Thermolytic Rifles)

1000 State Magicians
- 500 Healers
- 100 Alchemists
- 200 Elemental Mages
- 100 Enchanters
- 100 Conjurers

2000 Farmers

1000 Craftsmen
- 200 crystal shapers (mages refined in the art of growing and breeding different types of gems for any uses)
- 300 Magik smiths (metal smiths that combine the art of alchemy, they produce all of the fiefs strange weaponry including the Pyro Pike and the Thermolytic Rifle)

rest are children

Population is low due to the duties of the state and the concentration of one's art, immigration is greatly supported.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2012, 10:46:52 am »

Uhm rifles is a bit advanced for this isnt it?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:53:43 am by mesor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2012, 10:55:39 am »

Uhm rifles is a bit advanced for this isnt it?
note experimental and i only have 100 people wielding them, my design for them was only few can carry them due to the skills needed to wield the new weapon and the complexity of creating it (this isn't a regular rifle that can be churned out in 2 weeks, the rifle requires at most a year to produce from acquiring all the necessary alchemical ingredients then the long enchanting period. With this allotted time few of the craftsmen dedicate their time to create this weapon and maybe only 5-10 rifles are made a year.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2012, 10:57:26 am »

What kind of rifle?
Single shot then reload?
Still a little unfair to have pikes that make armor pointless and rifle's that make armor pointless as well in a period where having the best armor was what gave you an edge.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

What kind of rifle?
Single shot then reload?
Still a little unfair to have pikes that make armor pointless and rifle's that make armor pointless as well in a period where having the best armor was what gave you an edge.
Rifle is single shot, it runs on a explosive nature of a strange compound found from the research of magma and requires massive venting to keep the weapon from melting. If under stress a sniper could only get 1 shot out every 2 minutes without blowing themselves up. My reasoning behind my choice of weapons is due to low population and magic sources ;)
Gives me a chance incase you 25000 guys feel like rolling in.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2012, 11:14:22 am »

Im only 15000 :P.

But it's still a bit extreme to have a sniper rifle when the rest of us cant match its range.

Kinda an unfair advantage not including the fact that you have a pike that removes the entire point of having armor.

But besides that you realize that having weapons that are a threat to the rest of us is likely to result in us slaughtering you to preserve the balance of power.
I most certainly will be murdering every one of your snipers im not having a bunch of men around who can sit way outside the range of my archers and pick off my men or officers or leader.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:17:00 am by mesor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:42 am »

Im only 15000 :P.

But it's still a bit extreme to have a sniper rifle when the rest of us cant match its range.

Kinda an unfair advantage not including the fact that you have a pike that removes the entire point of having armor.
once again low numbers, with my current amount of fief holdings my military is very thinned out, pikesmen where always considered slow anyways and are arrow fodder without the protection, if you want i can mount them for you :P

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

Go ahead try charging up a mountain on a horse. Ill stand at the top and laugh while your men fall back down on horses with broken legs :P.

Btw how do you plan to get the metal for all these weapons?
Considering you have no miners.
Unless you want to trade some of those rifles for the materials :P.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2012, 11:26:03 am »

Go ahead try charging up a mountain on a horse. Ill stand at the top and laugh while your men fall back down on horses with broken legs :P.

Btw how do you plan to get the metal for all these weapons?
Considering you have no miners.
Unless you want to trade some of those rifles for the materials :P.
you wanna trade for a gun that takes a year to make thats heavy to boot and blows enough steam to melt your face off be my guest :P

enjoy the new assassins guild.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:00 am »

Meh if your the only one with the guns im just going to have to kill you.
No way im leaving 1 person to have a huge advantage over everybody else.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 11:32:51 am »

And the Circle might assist you in taking him out.

Guns? Against early medieval armor? Really?
I'm not trying to be an asshole, but at the very least make them less like guns and more like magical staves, that are highly inaccurate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45