Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40488 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2012, 05:25:09 pm »

It varies based on the other stuff your fief has.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »

Hmm can i boost mine to 15000 insted of 10000? I was thinking after so long in a confined space like my fief there would be an over crowding issue so 15000 fits better then im gonna see if i can work out a way to fix it to add some extra challenges.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

That might work, let's see what I come up with eventually. At this point, I'm making it up as I go.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 05:34:30 pm »

Hah i know the feeling.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:38:21 pm by mesor »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 01:10:48 am »

How about my feif is very sparsly populated as it is the farthest north so would often have multiple invasions in it?
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 01:58:46 am »

Hmmmm you could do that but that would leave you very vulnerable to invasion by other players.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

for me i'll say 7000 total with 2000 in military service and 1000 in magical arts.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 03:25:30 am »

Looks like we've got about everybody who's interested.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 06:25:43 am »

Alright, I'll look over the fiefs, come up with balance, and draw a couple maps to choose from.
Sig

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 06:36:15 am »

woot! =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 06:36:56 am »

Submitting an organization for the hell of it. Hopefully I'm not too late. :|

Organization Title: The Circle of Psyche
Base Location: Grenland Bluff
The Grenland Bluff is a large plainsland area in between the fiefs of House Feanor and House Lorinar, populated by several villages and towns claimed by the Circle.
Background: The Circle of Psyche is a small group of scholars and mages who have banded together in an attempt to discover a way to harness the power the deeps of one's soul. They are headed by Phileus, a strange, eccentric figure, who , by unknown cause, has a lot of funds to draw upon.
They have claimed several villages and towns in an attempt to pass off themselves as another sort of regional government, although their research isn't illegal. They are based in a small tower and compound somewhere to the east of the Bluff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 06:42:15 am »

You're in.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:06 am »

Alright, here's my rough draft for the relative strengths and weaknesses of the fiefs:

House Lindon (mesor): Very defensible, but fairly low population and little farmland
House Schliesen (Zrk2): Farmland, but not a lot of metal
House Haigwaa (Kedly):  Defensible and isolated, but not a lot of space, very low population, and isolated
House Bachwel (USEC_OFFICER): Defensible and with plenty of iron, but minimal food
House Lorinar (Deny): Access to metals and some food, but somewhat indefensible and a higher risk of rebellion
House Bloodraven (Tellemurius): More magic and some decent agriculture, but very low population
House Dalberg (Thorik): Woods and pastures, but not many crops. (The Norse were pretty pastoralist, which is one of the reasons the Norse Greenland colony died.)
House Chedel (Vonyx): Agricultural and a trade hub, but no natural defenses and minimal metal
House Shadowkeeper (Child of Armok):  Defensible position and isolation, but only one city and needs to import food.

Almighty Guild of Knights (ansontan2000): Leads knights, but requires the support of others due to minimal serfs.
The Circle of Psyche (IamanElfCollaborator): Scholarly, rich, and good with magic, but very small population, few warriors, and no official titles

Population numbers:
Lindon: 15,000
Shliesen: 25,000
Haigwaa: 5,000
Bachwel: 20,000
Lorinar: 17,000
Bloodraven: 7,000
Dalberg: 20,000
Chedel: 25,000
Shadowkeeper: 1,500
The Circle of Psyche: 3,000

The Guild: Let's say...500 actual knights and 3,000 squires, footsoldiers, etc.

Let me know if these are unacceptable to you, whether due to your faction's weakness, another's strength, or something else.

Remember a few things:
The goal is NOT to conquer the kingdom, and without some real skulduggery you're doomed to failure.
Assuming good farmland or fishing grounds, one farmer or fisherman can feed four people. Pastoralists can, for simplicity, feed 2.5 people each as well as provide other goods. Food can be exported...indeed, most of you sure hope it will be...
Population includes children, who may be anywhere from a quarter to a half of your population, roughly. Lower means fewer weak hands and hungry mouths, but higher means you will recover from wars and other population-losing events faster.
Wood is a vital resource, from heating homes to building them.
Alliances and such are not only okay, but encouraged! Hooray, intrigue!
Work out how many of your people are doing what. Bear in mind that you can only have so many people working in the fields or fisheries and still be operating at maximum efficiency. I'll OK or veto your lists, primarily OK but possibly with notes. Also work out how much food you can export or will need to import.

That's all I can think of right now, have fun! I'll draw up the map choices once everyone's fine with how I interpreted the bare bones of their fiefs.
Sig

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 08:51:49 am »

Hmm, I have an idea. How about all houses must pay a tribute, enough for the Guild to survive, each turn? Otherwise, there would be no knights.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:38 am »

(( I vote no on that why would the houses pay for a strong army that they have no control over that does not benefit them?
Also you still didnt answer my message so im guessing you dont want my keep. ))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45