Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40476 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »

Hm, divine magic...I hadn't thought about that. Yeah, it exists, but I'll need to think some about the specifics (such as if it's divinely originated stuff or normal magic done by priests), but it'll be present, more peaceful (typically), and easier to find (relatively speaking) than non-divine magic.

That's exactly what I was expecting. Now all it needs is a supreme being or something.

If you have such an attitude against the knights, fine, but don't expect help in an invasion...

If mesor asks for help in an invasion then the Knights will help as part of our sworn duty and only as part of our duty. We'll help keep the peace in the kingdom, not try to split it apart.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »

I may request help from you in exchange for providing you with weapons and armor.
My army is purely infantry based so your knights would cover my cavalry needs.
But first I gotta look at where the NPC nations are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2012, 07:00:09 pm »

If you have such an attitude against the knights, fine, but don't expect help in an invasion...
If mesor asks for help in an invasion then the Knights will help as part of our sworn duty and only as part of our duty. We'll help keep the peace in the kingdom, not try to split it apart.
That's very nice of you.

But first I gotta look at where the NPC nations are.
On our current map, primarily on the northern tundras and the southern continent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »

So all near me.
Very nice :).

Can you make up a list of the places that are controlled by NPC?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »

The Wild North, The Horned Empire, and Savage Island are controlled by non-allied NPCs; Fufgraf, Ouldlend, and probably Westingtonshirehamburgvillegradistan and Dalberg are NPC fiefs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »

The wild north is going to be a very useful piece of territory for me once I invade kill the royal family and turn it into a giant farm :).

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2012, 09:15:08 pm »

Organization Title: Band of the Black Wolf
Leader Name: Alfred Tenarf
Leader Title: "Hand of Death"
Base Location: North-western Border of the Wild North

Base Description: The Band of the Wolf owns a small fortress on the north-western border of the Wild North, a basic construction with its outermost defenses simply ditches and spike walls. The second row of defenses protects a small village where the men of the Band of the Black Wolf live, those defenses are a wooden palisade with a dry moat dug before it. The final row of defense is a circular stone wall sat upon a hill, found in ruins its not much better and in dire need of repair. Holes are scattered throughout the wall and are blocked by rubble or wooden carts.

Force Census:
3,600 men
800 women

50 Heavy Calvary (Mounted | Plate-mail, Spear, Sword, and Shield)
450 Light Cavalry (Mounted | Leather Armor, Spear, and Bow)
500 Archers (Longbows, and Leather Armor)
500 Skirmishers (Leather Armor, Spears, and Bows)
500 Spear-men (Chain-mail, and Spears)
1500 Militia (Leather Armor, and Spears) (700 also act as hunter-gatherers)

(Below Workers are also part of the militia in times of war)
20 Carpenters
20 Masons
10 Smiths
750 Hunter-gatherers

Background: The Band of the Black Wolf is a mercenary group that has been around for over fifty years. Some ten years ago they were the most respected, and the strongest order in the lands till the King hired them for a mission to head into the Wild North to claim yet more land for the Kingdom. The Leader of the Band at that time had been a greedy man, so he took the gold without thinking over what the consequences would be, and rode north into the Wildlands, the thousand left behind became the last of the Band as those who marched North were never seen again.

It was at that time that Alfred took over, rallying the men he managed to hold them together in the rough years following and quickly found them a place to call their own though it was founded not far from the Wild North. His reason was that if whatever had killed the Band that had been sent in there came out then the Band would regain their honor by being the first to cut them down, and throw them back into the wild-lands. The claiming of that fort was not two years past, and yet repairs still continue and the Band's treasury begins to grow empty at the cost of rebuilding the fort and feeding the army. Now the Band is looking for work, and the like to keep it afloat. Though they still hold a distrust for the King due to the events they had suffered through.

---------------------

Is that acceptable?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:35:51 pm by adwarf »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2012, 09:16:30 pm »

How, praytell, will you feed over 4,000 men? And who will keep house?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:24 pm »

Also how do you intend to get all of these weapons and armor with no miners and no access to mines as well as nothing to trade for it?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

If I'm understanding everything correctly, the Band of the Black Wolf a mercenary group, so he'll buy it with the money he gets from mercenarying.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »

Enough mercenary work to feed 4,100 people? In the tundra?
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »

It's not my mercenary group. I don't know the exact logistics.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:41 pm »

Man this place is gonna end up to be a cutthroat world Game of Thrones style :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2012, 09:24:52 pm »

If I'm understanding everything correctly, the Band of the Black Wolf a mercenary group, so he'll buy it with the money he gets from mercenarying.
Exactly.

Also how do you intend to get all of these weapons and armor with no miners and no access to mines as well as nothing to trade for it?
I would already have it, ya know being a band of soldiers for hire with no weapons isn't exactly going to spark a profit :P

Enough mercenary work to feed 4,100 people? In the tundra?
Woops I deleted a 7  on the hunters, it should say 750 hunters. Though yeah generally my food would come from money garnered through mercenary work, or food got by promises of future work for the royal family or the like.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »

Great would he be able to start with enough weapons , armor and horses for over 4000 people?
Considering he would of had to have bought all of it?
Plate armor for 50 people would of cost a fortune in itself not including the weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45