Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40459 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 11:34:17 am »

Title: Prince of Tor
Family name: Lorinar
Fief name: Tor
Fief description: Tor is relativly flat and the soil is ratjher poor, but towards the centre is a small valley  with very rich soil, and to the north at the start of the valley lies a series of hills which are rich in metals such as copper and iron, were most of the wealth comes from, and where the keep resides
Background: The Torians were pnce a squabbling peoples of small little city states till First King Mardon united the peoples from his Bronze keep, named for the fact that it was built on top of a tin mine, Mardon then led his peoples to create a large empire of wealth and prosperity, the arts flourished and the people were happy, and so the Mardon line became the first line of kings, however after a hundred years of Mardon rule the last Mardon king died without an heir, and so civil strife took the kingdom as many temporairy lines established themselves, before they were thrown out. Meanwhile outside forces began assualting the kingdom as the nobles fought to control the kingdom and protect it at the same time, so afte 600 years of this the kingdom was finnaly united under the Lonnar line, but by this time it was a fraction of its former glory.

When the Wurgos invaders attacked the kingdom was forced to look for outside help, the kingdom of <insert kingdom name> agreed to come to their aid, but only if the king swore vassalage to the king of <insert kingdom name>. The Lonar king resisted for a short while, but eventualy agreed to the demands, and so the Wurgos were driven back to the frozen north, however all of this was a hundred years ago, and by now the Lonars have come to accept their place in the realm, as vassals and princes, not kings

The current prince, Prince Haldar, has become extremely ambitious, his lands are the farthest this kingdom has expanded to the north and he looks to add more lands to his own, he is quite certaint he can talk the king into invading these northern lands, and even more sure that such an adventure would succede, for these lands are poor for farming, making low populations, but have large amounts of metals and high quality timber, making for excelent conquest rewards, the hardest part would be getting the lands given to him, but the prince believes he can sort this out
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:41:59 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »

Lol wow thats boring almost everybody has picked to be rich and have easy access to food, metal and wood. That pretty much removes any point in trade from the game.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »

I didn't.

Mayhaps if we added a point allocation thing.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 05:41:44 pm »

Alright, once everyone who we want in is in I'll readjust some stuff and wait for approval before continuing. Then I'll draw up the map and we can commence!

Everyone has been added. There are now five noble houses.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:26 pm »

i was gonna release the map to someone else since LW never answered back but ok. request to transfer?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

You could do both, actually. I'd like to compare the two in methodology. Care to post the fief description and stuff here for posterity? Or at least a quote/link to to your post in Redux?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

heres my info
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and this is the unfinished map, anything thats drawn and not labeled was mine just never had time to finish.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4ypkhdoynaruku/9iLLm.png

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Wait, why are you posting the map here?
Sig

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »

i thought you asked for it :/

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:29 pm »

i thought you asked for it :/
i said you could post the map in the other thread as well. There's no reason to kill that because I started a slightly different Feudalism-inspired game!
Sig

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:58 am »

Nah, the thread is already dead. I created it out of nostalgia and was just trying to relive past glory by recreating something that was created spontaneously by the random postings of multiple forumgoers. I was not up to the task. Hopefully you'll do a better job than me.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:10 am »

Title: Faste, Count of Dalberg
Family name: Gälta
Fief name, Fief description: Name of the fief is County of Dalberg, fief description is... a land of pine forests at the foothills of mountains, some lakes and maybe some tiny rivers/streams running down to the ocean/sea. 
Background: We're Norse.
I like sushi.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 03:25:36 am »

(( O come on lol half the fiefs in the game are less detailed copy's of mine lol.
How are we going to fit city's when half the people in the game want there own forests and rivers and mountains? ))

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:47:00 am by mesor »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 04:09:13 am »

I would like to lead a guild, the Almighty Guild of Knights.
Basically, if any knights wish to become an arch-knight, someone who has authority over all others, they will have to come to the guild to receive a quest for certification. Also, this guild handles any and most if not all recognization of knights and squires.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 04:31:57 am »

Where would you like to place your guild?
I have a nice old stone fort in my territory thats not inhabited that you could potentially use for a base if you want to make a deal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45